crossover idea twists

Where stuff about fanfiction that doesn't fit into any other category goes. Try to make sure that new topics here actually couldn't actually go somewhere else.

Re: crossover idea twists

Postby Neko- » Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:53 am

In the latter case you assume Soun knows the technique, or would know someone that does, since ms Tendo died already at that point.

Plus, if you do that to a little girl (Akane was only a little girl when her mom died), there's bound to be a change when puberty hits. That's known to almost rewire the brain so to say, so any mental blocks that ever introduced as an alien influence from the brains point of view could potentially be broken down, rendering the technique useless, restoring any memories and whatnot (provided we assume the technique blocks memories, rather then remove them, since that's also the evidence given by the relevant episodes in canon).

Whil it may account for some of the abusive behavior she exhibits, I'd expect more changes then just that to take place as a result of the technique being countered by nature.
Appointed Spammaster Rank D by Himitsu - June 21st 2006
Appointed Spammaster Rank C by Himitsu - September 2nd 2006
Prince of Bob (the Black Hole)
I reject your reality and substitute my own - Adam Savage
Neko-
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Shanami » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:04 am

Shanami wrote:So, I might actually try to write this one as a series of omake:

Harry Potter somehow manages to get raised or rescued or some other lame plot device to turn into Team Fortress 2 characters. I'm thinking Engineer Harry and the Chamber of Secrets.

Harry: "I solve problems. Practical problems."

Basilisk: *Angry Hiss*
Harry: "Here's a solution, use a gun." *Autoturret deploys, Basilisk smashes autoturret*

Harry: "And if that don't work, use more gun." *Cue scene of Harry dropping a bigger autoturret that blows the basilisk's brain out.

Or:

Heavy Harry vs. Voldie:

Harry: " I no think you can outsmart bullet! Bwahahahahaha" *Chain gun noises*

So, I've decided that this is too good of an idea to not write when I'm bored and have the time... So far I've finished Engineer Harry and the Chamber of Secrets, and my next thought is actually Harry the Spy scoffing at something as pedestrian as an invisibility cloak when he has his watch, culminating in dead-ringer Harry stabbing Voldemort at the Battle of Hogwarts or in the Graveyard.
Senshi of Titania (Uranus III)
Shanami
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Atlan » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:28 am

Stargate Atlantis/Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

In SGA, there is an episode where they Atlantis crew find the BC-304 Dadelus in orbit around Atlantis- which is fairly strange, considering that the Dadelus is on it's way to earth. It turns out to be a dimension traveling version from another universe, and the Atlantis guys get stuck on board.

Enter Chrono Haralown and the TSAB to arrest the guys for damaging the dimensional wall.
The Banana, the Atheist's Nightmare:

God made it with a non-slip surface, a color coded system so we know when to eat it, and an easy open tab at the top of the banana. It's just the right shape for a mouth and is easy to digest!!
Atlan
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:24 pm

How about a Ranma 1/2 Evangellion crossover where all the adults are replaced by Ranma 1/2 characters. But the kids and world go through the same narrative as closely as it can with the changes.

Biggest problem though how does the world survive Ranma trying to resurrect Akane Ikari? (Last name made up to hide from the NWC. It didn't work that well considering their Co-Workers.)
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Pale Wolf » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:32 pm

Pretty easily. One guy who's good in a fistfight isn't anywhere near as hard to stop as a scam artist like Ikari.
There is no problem that cannot be solved through the proper application of immense levels of firepower.

- Finally promoted to Spammaster Indeterminate Rank as of June 18, by Stratagemini

<Stratagemini> My Titanium Anus Armour will repel all challengers!

Would you believe this is one of the more tame bits of dirt I've got for him?
Pale Wolf
Fukufics Staffer

Postby Spokavriel » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:36 pm

You do realize for it to happen at all it requires most of the NWC to go through college and become scientists.

I was thinking about Kodachi ending up being the one who goes along with her father to Antarctica.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Pale Wolf » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:01 am

Mm... I don't know.

Kodachi is one of the few who I can actually see having credibility at achieving scientifically. I'd say she'd fit better as Ritsuko or Naoko.

To be honest, the best Misato stand-in would be Taro (or Ranma himself), they actually have some conception of 'tactics', which is technically supposed to be Misato's job.

Though I suppose, given how bad she is at it, you could pretty easily swap in anyone from Ranma and not have a significant difference in how well they do. Characters who actually have fathers would tend to work best in that regard - a Tendo girl might work, if not for your favouring 'Akane Ikari' and having them more or less 'booked' (I presume Shinji would be raised by Kasumi and whoever she marries, which fanon dictates always has to be Tofu for some reason? ... That'd actually fit - Kasumi, more than Tofu). Ukyo has existing parental trouble, Ryouga is an option...
There is no problem that cannot be solved through the proper application of immense levels of firepower.

- Finally promoted to Spammaster Indeterminate Rank as of June 18, by Stratagemini

<Stratagemini> My Titanium Anus Armour will repel all challengers!

Would you believe this is one of the more tame bits of dirt I've got for him?
Pale Wolf
Fukufics Staffer

Postby Spokavriel » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:15 am

I actually tossed that out as Ranma and Akane Ikari because too many baka consider them the one true pairing or some such nonsense. I actually like the idea of Kasumi getting together with that Ranma impostor who knows the Yama senken. Tofu is just too old and unstable for her. A fitting crush both ways but I don't see any future from it.

How about Xian-Pu Katsuragi? Her father doesn't have much screen time anywhere but that makes it easier to do whatever you want with him. She'd have a head for tactics and I could see her becoming a lush after a similar tragedy. But what would really be a clincher is that leaves Mousse in the Kaji role after he gets corrective surgery.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Wyrd » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:30 am

Pale Wolf wrote:Pretty easily. One guy who's good in a fistfight isn't anywhere near as hard to stop as a scam artist like Ikari.

Genma is an accomplished con artist. Ranma is not as of canon, but after losing his wife(whichever one you want him to marry) he decides to actually start using everything he learned from his father on that front and sees manipulating Seele as a mental/social martial arts match. Shinji isn't actually meant to be raised to quite as weak and spineless, but Ranma is so busy making the arrangements to get his wife back that he leaves him to be raised by Soun, who is even worse off after the loss of one of his daughters...

It's all in how you choose to spin things. :wink:
Wyrd
Senshi Cadet

Postby Spokavriel » Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:19 pm

I made another thread to continue perusing these possibilities in without risking completely hijacking this one.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:56 am

Ok this one came up because I've been looking at some rather disturbing fanfic descriptions.

Mamoru is dead, hit and run accident, but there is still one person with the correct energy and genetics to allow her soul to be born and grow up to be the same annoying spore everyone knew and loved. Problem is he's a bit younger than Usagi, In a boarding school, in England. And that's not the hardest part.

There's a deadline. If Usagi doesn't conceive Chibi-Usa within 1 year after Mamoru died (The night of Harry Potter's 16th birthday) then both the spore's existence and all chances at the Crystal Tokyo Pluto had envisioned are gone forever. Worst case scenario the current time line ceases to exist at the end of the year because of the paradox.

Just how do you think that's going to effect Harry's school year? Yeah he's not only the Boy Who Lived he's the last chance for Chibi-Usa to live.

So can Usagi meet him and get Harry to do the deed within the year, without having to rape him?

As I said I was looking at really disturbing fanfic descriptions. Hope someone enjoys the idea.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Wyrd » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:38 pm

Had a really warped idea last night, so bad I had to share.

In many fanfics, the idea comes up that Senshi are not always reborn female. If reborn male, they either are permanently changed to female the first time their powers activate or the turn female while Senshi, then change back when they power down. Haruka and Michiru are generally portrayed to be from upper class families.

The thought that struck was: What about Draco Malfoy as Sailor Uranus? Make Neptune some other Slytherin, or possibly a Ravenclaw, though making her/him be a Gryffindor would be particularly cruel. Especially if that Gryffindor were Harry, and their animosity stems from their submerged personality finding the idea of their soul mate being reborn as a guy to be utterly repugnant.

Hotaru could easily be a Durmstrang student, with the events of that arc being based around Durmstrang instead of Mugen Gakuen.

The problem with this idea is that the longer and harder I tried to fight the idea, the worse it began to spiral down in my mind, so I thought I'd share the love.
Wyrd
Senshi Cadet

Postby Spokavriel » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:56 pm

Seen ideas along these lines before. I really like the idea of having Loony Luna Lovegood be Sailor moon though no matter how many of the Senshi end up male. Oh and Granger has to be Mercury. No one else is right.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Wyrd » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:17 pm

That is part of the problem. No matter how bad the idea is, someone out there will think it is great, and possibly even try to write it. I do kind of like the idea of Neptune and Uranus falling in love while Senshi while still hating each other in their civilian identities. The final reveal to each other would just be so wrong.
Wyrd
Senshi Cadet

Postby Shanami » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:56 am

Spokavriel wrote: Seen ideas along these lines before. I really like the idea of having Loony Luna Lovegood be Sailor moon though no matter how many of the Senshi end up male. Oh and Granger has to be Mercury. No one else is right.

If it were written with the right tone, a story like that could be really really hilarious. It wouldn't work if it tried at all to take itself serious.

But, I'd like to see a story like that, with the added caveat that Minako is still Minako but is attending Hogwarts. After all, Sailor V started out active in London. Besides, I think Minako would get along just perfectly with Sailor Luna, even ignoring the double moon pun.

Oh, and making Mrs. Norris = Luna or Artemis would just be perfect in a makes me want to gouge my eyes out way.
Senshi of Titania (Uranus III)
Shanami
Prism Power Senshi

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous