Random fanart v4

Request, Submission, or Review of Fanart. Again "fukufic" content preferred but not necessary

Re: Random fanart v4

Postby mondu_the_fat » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:48 pm

still wip
"So Igor wasn't kidding. Most people just ensure they won't die cold and alone by making friends...I gain superpowers and have mysterious voices tell me I did a good job. My life is a goddamn mess."
-- Minato Arisato, My Life is a Goddamn Mess
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:30 pm

Its got great proportions in the head but shouldn't the band have a bit more bend before the ear piece?

The connecting band seems to flatten out making the ear piece stand proud in a way that has nothing really to hold it out like that...

Well unless she is wearing it to hide titanium ears that are standing wider than would be natural for her head.

Edit: The ear piece also seems to be a little far back on her head. Instead of centered on the ear its like the ear piece would have its forward half over the ear and its center even with the curve of her ear.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby mondu_the_fat » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:49 pm

I see what you mean, but there's a bit of space so that I can put it hair later. I'll fit the pieces more snugly when I get the hair done.
"So Igor wasn't kidding. Most people just ensure they won't die cold and alone by making friends...I gain superpowers and have mysterious voices tell me I did a good job. My life is a goddamn mess."
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:52 pm

I can see that with the spacing but the positioning of the ear piece and ear wouldn't be off set by hair. And I'm not quite sure what would be the right tweak on that aspect.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby mondu_the_fat » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:40 am

I wish I had the figma. I'm not sure how the shoulder connects properly.
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:24 am

You have the arm the right distance from the torso horizontally but its a bit low for the arm being out to the side. You more or less have the shoulder decoration in the right place right now if the arm were down by the figure's side.

At arts and craft stores they have pose-able figures that can be used to more or less set a pose for artistic refference. They usually cost close to ten but rarely more than twenty bucks. I think one of those could help with questions about positioning since the jointing on the figures is their most important selling point and it wouldn't hurt to have a male and female one.

Edit: When I said a bit low I mean about the thickness of the bands making up the shoulder decoration low.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby mondu_the_fat » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:54 pm

Shinkenger Blue, a request. WIP. Just a quickie (the only thing new here is the head, which is just a sphere and a flat visor). Took a break from persona 3 because I just got monster hunter freedom united.
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Sunshine Temple » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:59 am

On that scale the simple head works fine.

Gives a bit of a sketchy/pixel quality to it.

Also fits in with the simplified coloring on the bodysuit.

Which gives a very clean look. So that works.
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby mondu_the_fat » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:54 am

SPOILER - Show Spoiler

Bleh. This sucks. But I'm already tired of it. Not really being a fan of something sure is draining.
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:06 pm

I think it might help to double the amount of phantom echo images and not let it drop off quite as much. Its just too faint right by him.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby mondu_the_fat » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:32 am

Beta, a quickie request.

mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Sunshine Temple » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:04 am

Cute. Good coloring and position.

I like that for once the "boat eyes" aren't glaring, the two-tone almost fits.

Coloring is a bit pastel-ish, if that's what you want, a more softer then good. Does help with the character's youth, innocence.
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby mondu_the_fat » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:32 pm

Stocking, wip.

mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:37 pm

The line between her hair doesn't agree with the hair line that passes behind her. Its adding a conflicting depth to the hair on that side of her head.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Sunshine Temple » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:14 pm

I do like how the hair itself mirrors her skirting.

I agree with Spok on the hair setup.

I'm not sure on her wings, maybe have them a bit longer. Could give some more fluff to her hair, as it may not be broad enough to clear her shoulders.
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

PreviousNext

Return to Fan Art