Two-year-old Ranma from Wild Magic (Sketch)

Request, Submission, or Review of Fanart. Again "fukufic" content preferred but not necessary

Two-year-old Ranma from Wild Magic (Sketch)

Postby KonokoHasano » Fri May 15, 2009 6:30 pm

This was something I ended up drawing earlier. It's of a two-year-old newly-turned-into-a-cat-girl Ranma feeling terrified at the prospect of being a cat-girl AND of thinking about fearful thoughts.
Usagi-Hasano on Fanfiction.net
Senshi of Metis (Jupiter XVI)
Spamville character bio
KonokoHasano
Super Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Fri May 15, 2009 6:34 pm

She looks really cute but why is her hair loose? I thought she was doing the Ponytail style?
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby KonokoHasano » Fri May 15, 2009 6:41 pm

Her hair usually is in a ponytail, but it's loose right now since it's right after or almost right after finding out about the changes. She puts her hair back into a ponytail later on.

Eh, I hope that doesn't sound confusing. Let's just say that her hair is currently like that because what was used to initially tie her hair was destroyed in the magical blast, and she ended up needing to get something later on to tie back her hair. Sometime between waking up to meet Ryo-Ohki and the end of the third chapter.

Hmm... something I probably need to go back and maybe fix up.
Spamville character bio
KonokoHasano
Super Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Fri May 15, 2009 6:53 pm

I know assumptions can be made. But seeing how little hair gets messed up in Ranma 1/2, Sailor Moon, Slayers and what not. Oh sure it gets mussed and scorched but it can still be recognized as the same hairstyle usually.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby KonokoHasano » Fri May 15, 2009 6:59 pm

Could also say that Washu decided to remove the bow (And it was a bow that Narcissa used) since it was ripped and wasn't really doing a good job because of it.
Spamville character bio
KonokoHasano
Super Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Fri May 15, 2009 7:33 pm

Makes sense to me. It's just that if you want the hairstyle to change for the moment it helps to mention that it happened through some action in story.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Nekomata-sensei » Sat May 16, 2009 12:25 am

Gah! Insanely adorable! :oops: Looks like you also drew your own avatar since the art style looks similar to that animation. This feels even cooler due to me having recently read Slayers novels 1-8. I'd actually say Lina might edge out Ranma a bit in coolness and entertaining (to the readers) misfortune. Combining them is super cool, combining them in a kiddie version... :twisted: :shock: :oops: Gah, cuteness shock! It's to moe and kawaii for my heart! :x Cuteness induced heart attack!

And it can only get worse with the return of Sailor Pompom! :twisted: :mrgreen:
"Health, Learning & Virtue will ensure your happiness; they will give you a quiet conscience, private esteem & public honor." Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826)
Nekomata-sensei
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Sunshine Temple » Sat May 16, 2009 2:14 am

Far too cute.

Really good expression of emotion on her face and body language.

The one part that sticks out is her foot. It seems too large and is at a strange angle.
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby KonokoHasano » Sat May 16, 2009 8:55 am

Nekomata: Yeah, the animation in my avatar is a few years old, and so I honestly need to make a new avatar. XD

Ha... maybe I should do an updated Sailor Pompom drawing. :lol:

Sunshine: Thanks ^_^

And feet are a bit of a hard point for me. It almost always seems as if I can never get feet and/or shoes right for some odd reason. I think it's due to trying to connect them to the ankles.
Spamville character bio
KonokoHasano
Super Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Sat May 16, 2009 9:06 am

In Ankles there is a slight bulge to the instep and above the heel on the outer side. But the foot under that rarely sweeps out more on the instep than the outer side.

Its been said repeatedly by many people. Feet are Tricky. I just tried to draw a food to see if I could think of better ways to suggest how to fix this foot but I can't seem to draw one right myself either.

With the whole Foot to Ankle connection maybe it would help to remember all the rotation comes from a twist in the shin and really of the foot on the ankle.

Edit: Here's my (I think pathetic) attempt at a foot. Ankles connect to about 2/5-1/2 point of the foot. And even with allot of erasing and retracing the shape I don't think I got it right.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Return to Fan Art