Random fanart v3

Request, Submission, or Review of Fanart. Again "fukufic" content preferred but not necessary

Postby mondu_the_fat » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:37 pm

Tenten. Yes, the buns are too large.

"So Igor wasn't kidding. Most people just ensure they won't die cold and alone by making friends...I gain superpowers and have mysterious voices tell me I did a good job. My life is a goddamn mess."
-- Minato Arisato, My Life is a Goddamn Mess
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:58 pm

Her neck seems a little thin. Either that or her shoulders are a bit too wide. I'm not sure why it's just the proportion at the top of her torso just seems a little bit off.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby mondu_the_fat » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:36 pm

You're right. The neck there is thinner than her arms.

Tenten with swords

This particular pic was inspired by the fic The Great Romantic, which I found pretty entertaining.
"So Igor wasn't kidding. Most people just ensure they won't die cold and alone by making friends...I gain superpowers and have mysterious voices tell me I did a good job. My life is a goddamn mess."
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby lwf58 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:00 pm

The only problem I have with it is the grip of the sword in her left hand. The right hand is fine, since she's using her shoulder as a fulcrum. But the left is another story, and I find that it bugs me.

The way Tenten is holding that sword would place a great deal of strain on her wrist. She'd be fighting the entire weight of the blade trying to drop to the ground with no assist from the pommel acting as a counterweight. It's unnatural and looking at it immediately makes a "that's just wrong" bell go off in my head. Realistically, when only using one hand to grip it, she'd place that hand as close to the bottom end of the blade as the weapon's design allowed.
lwf58
Site Master

Postby mondu_the_fat » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:43 am

Agreed. Sword moved slightly.

edited
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby mondu_the_fat » Mon May 04, 2009 10:12 am

Not sure what to do with her left arm yet.
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Mon May 04, 2009 2:05 pm

So how many children is she hiding under the skirt? Even with petticoats and a bustier there's still too much of it out to the back without someone being down there.

If her skirt were a little more visually balanced it might help you work out ideas with the arm. Right now though she's off balance visually already and I don't know what could be done with that arm to help.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Sunshine Temple » Mon May 04, 2009 4:44 pm

I agree with Spok. Maybe push Peach's skirting out more in the front, or less in the back.

Her torso and right arm being angled back also draw attention to how big the back of her dress is.

Her torso (and her legs) seem to be a bit long given how wide her body is. Though that can be the angle.

Hair and shoulder "puffs" seem good
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby mondu_the_fat » Tue May 05, 2009 6:43 am

Skirt aadjusted. Torso is still looks a bit too long; needs that wrap-around thing around her waist. Shortened the skirt a bit and made a foot peek out a bit, but I think it's a bit off. She's supposed to be holding up a mushroom with her left hand.
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Sunshine Temple » Tue May 05, 2009 5:34 pm

Much more balanced with the skirting revised.

Yeah, her foot's in an odd spot.

Left arm looks good. Especially since its presenting to the viewer.
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby mondu_the_fat » Sat May 09, 2009 10:50 am

Princess Peach

Not really too sure with what to do with the right half of the picture.

I was counting on adding panniers to her skirt would make her thin waist look a bit more balanced, but it seems not to work.
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Sat May 09, 2009 10:58 am

I know you already colored this copy but once again seeing a colored version I spotted something else that seemed a bit off. Her head is too far back on her torso. If her head were further forward based on her chest and shoulder positions it might make her right shoulder seem less well crowded on her form.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Sunshine Temple » Sat May 09, 2009 12:01 pm

Her torso still seems too long to me.

Coloring is good, and I think her foot is in the right place
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby mondu_the_fat » Sat May 09, 2009 10:00 pm

less willowy peach

Shortened the torse.

I think I see what you mean, Spok, but I'd have to redraw and recolor quite a bit to fix it.
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Sunshine Temple » Sat May 09, 2009 10:58 pm

Better. She still looks very willowy but now in more human proportions.

Her being willowy does fit the width of her torso and how long her legs are. Making her a very thin, almost gangly woman.

But that's good as her style is uniform.
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

PreviousNext

Return to Fan Art