Fic Status

Talk about Return, Makeover, GunMoon, Gen Lost, and Windborne.

Postby deathgeonous » Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:57 am

Ok, so two new chapters sometime soon. Sweet. Now going to reread The Return in my unbridaled antisapation.

Looking forward to your continuations, but please, take all the time you need to make it up to your usual high quality.
‘Stealing from one person is called plagiarism. Stealing from multiple people is called research!’ The Crossover Writer's Core Motto.
deathgeonous
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:10 am

Spokavriel wrote: It would be easier to say if it needs splitting with seeing the chapters. Not knowing it's hard to tell. And what would you call the part after split volume two?
Sunshine wrote:Pardon? Based on length and plot, I'm fairly confident in splitting it there.

Part after split volume two? I'm confused. Right now I'm working on ch19 and ch20.

Will there be a title change after the split? I'm not sure you can do an exact Repeat of a title on Fanfiction.net

So how will you label it showing that it is the next part after the split?
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Sunshine Temple » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:23 am

deathgeonous wrote:Ok, so two new chapters sometime soon. Sweet. Now going to reread The Return in my unbridaled antisapation.

Looking forward to your continuations, but please, take all the time you need to make it up to your usual high quality.

Thanks. Yeah, I've got the scenes for 19 written, but am going through it now. For 20 have a couple more to write.

Spokavriel wrote: Will there be a title change after the split? I'm not sure you can do an exact Repeat of a title on Fanfiction.net

So how will you label it showing that it is the next part after the split?

What? No, I just gave the title's I'll be using for ch19 and ch20.

Ah I see. My writing style has a progressive detailing. More info here So I had a list of scenes and plan that I wanted to write. This collection of scenes was under the working document "pr19". As I was writing out the scenes and events I found that the document was getting above the length I use for Return chapters.

This made me investigate the chapter and see if I could find a good place to split it into two chapters. I found this, and thus what was in one chapter document became two.

This isn't too uncommon. One can see how chapters 15&18 and 17&18 are paired.
Also I often move when a chapter ends depending on length and in-story events.
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby Spokavriel » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:37 am

Sorry between falling asleep last night and still waking up this morning I didn't notice the point of confusion. Splitting the overall story will it become labeled The Return Volume 2 or Return 2 after the split.

Or will you make a new title that the next group of chapters would be under?
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Sunshine Temple » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:40 am

Spokavriel wrote: Sorry between falling asleep last night and still waking up this morning I didn't notice the point of confusion. Splitting the overall story will it become labeled The Return Volume 2 or Return 2 after the split.

Or will you make a new title that the next group of chapters would be under?

I see your confusion.

No, I'm not splitting the story. I split a "behind the scenes" chapter. The readers, you guys, will see it as two chapters (19 and 20).
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby Sunshine Temple » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:23 pm

Ch19 is with prereaders.
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby Spokavriel » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:38 pm

More to read more to read. I hope it's ready soon.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby deathgeonous » Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:12 pm

Me too. Although I DO wonder what Sunny means by a "behind the scenes" chapter. Looking forward to whatever that is though.

On another note, I was rereading The Return, and I was thinking after BlackSky left in it, " I like her. I hope she returns as a character in the fic." Then I was reading the part where Happosia was interduced, and I then I thought, "I love what Sunny done whith Happy in this story." And then this hit me, What would BlackSky's reaction to Happosia be? I mean, he act's like a feaking Incubus for crying out loud, and can drain women AND tries to drain Sucubi. I think she'd like the old coot. Find him, amusing, and maybe intersting because he can drain.

My point is, I want to see them meet. Even if it's not how I invisined it, it should be VERY intertaining, at the very least.

So, think you can fit that in Sunshine? If not, oh well, I understand, but I just thought it could make a good filler scene IF BlackSky IS comming back at any time for a vist.

Thank you for writng this, and good bye for now.
‘Stealing from one person is called plagiarism. Stealing from multiple people is called research!’ The Crossover Writer's Core Motto.
deathgeonous
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Sunshine Temple » Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:03 pm

Ch19 is ready.

Expect it shortly.
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby Spokavriel » Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:01 pm

Just giving it a final once over before releasing it?
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Sunshine Temple » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:38 pm

Ch20 is with prereaders know.

It should be up soon.
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby Spokavriel » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:47 am

Generation Lost has been mentioned a few times recently and I'm wondering how is the next chapter on that going? Is it one you are actively working on right now or just something waiting it's turn to return from the back burner?
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Sunshine Temple » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:02 am

Spokavriel wrote:Generation Lost has been mentioned a few times recently and I'm wondering how is the next chapter on that going? Is it one you are actively working on right now or just something waiting it's turn to return from the back burner?

I have a few scenes written for the next chapter maybe about 30% written or so.

I will get back to that story. Return is my primary, but GL and SH are secondary. The rest WB, GSM, RM, and some new stuff are thrid.
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby Spokavriel » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:09 am

It's always nice hearing that my 3 favorites aren't in the third grouping.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Sunshine Temple » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:16 am

An update on status.

Ch21 of The Return stands at over 19,500 words written and most of the major scenes save one written.

Strained Harmony 3 is also active again.

Also I'm going to try to post more in this forum, things in RL have gotten a bit busier though.
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

PreviousNext

Return to Sunshine Temple's Fics