Possible Fuku Fic "Contrast Match"

Talk about the "fuku-fics" and other Gender Bender fiction here.
If there is a probable it can be posted here, but a definite fukufic should be PM'd to Sunshine Temple

Possible Fuku Fic "Contrast Match"

Postby Dark Magic » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:30 pm

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2879493/1/
The Fic is called Contrast Match by weebee.
Summary. Ranma Saotome leaves Nerima, not on the best of terms with anyone. He ends up in Minato ward, where he meats a race car driver…
That is the summary the writer wrote for the fic. Ranma is Neptune in this fic. There hasn't been a fuku part in it yet. Just the symbol of Neptune on his forehead.
This is the link to his profile page on fanfiction.net - http://www.fanfiction.net/u/702658/
Dark Magic
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Vasey » Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:56 am

Good story, this one. Seems to be taking its time building things up and not just rushing in.
Vasey
Senshi Cadet

Postby Dark Magic » Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:52 am

Yeah I know but I find myself wishing for it to get to the part with the fuku whenever I read cause I already know its going to happen.
Dark Magic
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Atlan » Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:24 am

yup, its looking like a fuku fic in the making to me.
Unless, just to be iritation, he makes Ranma Tuxedo Neptune instead of sailor neptune.
Would that be a tux fic?
The Banana, the Atheist's Nightmare:

God made it with a non-slip surface, a color coded system so we know when to eat it, and an easy open tab at the top of the banana. It's just the right shape for a mouth and is easy to digest!!
Atlan
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Darth Thanatos » Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:45 am

Tux fic? No need for Linux...
On the subject of "Contrast Match", I think that the Setsuna-Haruka-Ranma meeting makes it official: ladies and gentlemen, it's a fukufic!
I also would like to bring to attention another story: "Ice Squared". As I was not a common attendant before the site debacle, I am not sure if it was branded a fukufic, but as it has Ranma as a (somewhat fake) Senshi (Sailor Pandora, I think) and Nabiki as Sailor Mercury, I couldn't help but wonder...
"Contrast Match" is quite good, and I agree that the pace set by the author is somewhat slow, but I think that it fits the story quite well. I have to say that the first phrases of the story warned me against reading it:
WeeBee wrote:This fic begins, as many others do, with Ranma Saotome sitting on the roof of the Tendo training hall. Unlike those many other fics, it was currently bright daylight, rather than the star filled night sky that usually greeted his gaze.

Quoting Princess Irulan in Dune: "A beginning is a very delicate time..."
There are lots of fics that rush into things, forgetting that all the people involved have confronted such a huge amount of problems brought by new people that they tend to be wary of changes, Usagi excepted (this girls thinks with her heart!).
In the case of "Contrast Match", though, the Ranma story seems complete, but Neptune and Uranus have not met yet, which seems to point that the timeline in Sailor Moon is very early. Though, personally and after reviewing the author notes so far, I think the author doesn't care a damn about the timelines. :)
Ne volnuites, Aeria Gloris

Midboss rank Z, promoted by "Ice Cream Thief" Himitsu on 2007-03-21
Darth Thanatos
"I am still a powerpuff girl!"

Re: Possible Fuku Fic "Contrast Match"

Postby Lalandil » Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:15 pm

Dark Magic wrote:Summary. Ranma Saotome leaves Nerima, not on the best of terms with anyone. He ends up in Minato ward, where he meats a race car driver…

Ooooh! Does she meat her well? Sounds so kinky. Is it a lemon? ^_~
Btw, would anybody have a list of fics featuring Ranma as Sailor Neptune?
Or better, a list/table by senshi?
Work like you don't need the money.
Love like you've never been hurt.
Dance as if nobody's watching.
Lalandil
Senshi Candidate

Postby Questara » Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:52 pm

Dark Magic wrote:?

Why yes, this site used to, and it is currently being re-built.
\
Questara
Senshi Cadet

Postby Sunshine Temple » Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:24 pm

Lalandil wrote:Ooooh! Does she meat her well? Sounds so kinky. Is it a lemon? ^_~
Btw, would anybody have a list of fics featuring Ranma as Sailor Neptune?

Indeed as questara said this site's purpose is to have such a database of links to fukufics.
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby crystlshake » Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:32 pm

I agree the slow approach in the begining is nice. As tempting as it is to get to the 'good stuff', there is a lot of character development and story inconsistencies/problems that can be solved by taking it slow. Anouther distinct advantage is the feel it gives to the story as a whole. It feels more complete and thought out. A deffinite bonus as it will keep people checking for updates longer than if it felt quickly pounded out (which begs the question of whether it will go anywhere).
crystlshake
Moon Senshi

Postby Atlan » Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:21 am

gotta agree there. Most fics i've ever read that jump into things, suck. They are completely bassed on fannon, and everyone is a steryotype of themselves. A nice slow start isa good investment, and a sign of qualtiy to come.
The Banana, the Atheist's Nightmare:

God made it with a non-slip surface, a color coded system so we know when to eat it, and an easy open tab at the top of the banana. It's just the right shape for a mouth and is easy to digest!!
Atlan
Asteroid Senshi

Re:Possible Fukufic: Contrast Match

Postby AshK1980 » Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:30 pm

Yes it is a good story!!!! I like it. Weebee is a great author. I wonder if we can get him to join th Forums? I will e-mail him to see if he wants to. No promises though. 8):) :lol: Later on.
AshK
AshK1980
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby Cyber_Skaarj » Thu May 04, 2006 4:46 pm

Darth Thanatos wrote:I also would like to bring to attention another story: "Ice Squared". As I was not a common attendant before the site debacle, I am not sure if it was branded a fukufic, but as it has Ranma as a (somewhat fake) Senshi (Sailor Pandora, I think) and Nabiki as Sailor Mercury, I couldn't help but wonder...

A little off topic, but I felt it needed to be said anyway; Ice Squared is written by Lerris, a regular on fukufics (or at least he used to be) and he'd been posting the chapters in the fic C&C back before the Big Site Crash. So that's not really new news to most of us.
As to this fic... Sailor Neptune eh? Nice. Aside from a couple fics where Ranma is every Senshi at once, I can only recall Forever the Tomboy being the sole fic that has Ranma in that role. 'bout time someone went and wrote another one :)
"Never send a Henchkitty to do an assassin's job..."
The Devils Creed

Appointed Spammer Rank C By Himitsu, 11th March 2007
Cyber_Skaarj
Moon Senshi

Postby AshK1980 » Thu May 04, 2006 8:08 pm

I have some bad news. I just got an e-mail from Weebee. His Fukufic: Contrast Match is on Hiatus. He hasn't explained to me why yet. I will let you the reason when he states it :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
Sincerely,
AshK
AshK1980
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby Dark Magic » Thu May 04, 2006 8:12 pm

man that sucks another great fic goes on hold. :cry:
Dark Magic
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Shadow Wolf » Thu May 04, 2006 9:46 pm

AshK wrote:I have some bad news. I just got an e-mail from Weebee. His Fukufic: Contrast Match is on Hiatus. He hasn't explained to me why yet. I will let you the reason when he states it

He's stated his reasons in his latest story:
[quote]
Oh. You may notice that all of my new fics have been taken off of FFN. This was done because I had too many plot lines on the go. They WILL be back some day, but I had to cut down on the plots and couldn’t decide what new one I would continue. As a result, I put them in my “Vault” and started a brand new fic. AOL WILL continue, but all of my other “In progress” fics are on the shelf for at least a couple months. Sorry, guys!
[quote]
(AOL is Angel of Light, a Ranma/Evangelion crossover).
Shadow Wolf
Senshi Candidate

Next

Return to Fukufics & Gender Bender