Found another one

Talk about the "fuku-fics" and other Gender Bender fiction here.
If there is a probable it can be posted here, but a definite fukufic should be PM'd to Sunshine Temple

Postby Forum Troll » Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:07 pm

Actually, Gabrielle is the moon of the trans-Neptunian Object 2003 UB313 code named Xena. Though that isnt saying much, many smaller asteroids have orbiting bodies (I don't think an asteroid can have a moon =P)
Due to UB313 being bigger than Pluto, in September the IAU (International Astronomer Union) will be clarifying the definition of a planet. Some interesting information in those two links to look at.
Troll
Forum Troll
Senshi Candidate

Postby Deric » Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:06 pm

UberJugla wrote:No. The moons are named AFTER TITania and Oberon... and being from the Bard's country I world have to insist that they should at least pronounce the names right if they've gone to the bother of naming them as such.

Should I wish to pronounce it tih-ta'hn-yah, you wouldn't find out unless you heard my voice. Worrying about pronunciation in a written forum is less than intelligent.
Deric
Some people work to achieve peace and harmony.
I'm not one of them.
Deric
Senshi Candidate

Postby UberJugla » Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:51 pm

And? My post came about due to comments about VERBAL pronounciation, whether or not my replay is in fact in written form why should that matter?
UberJugla
Senshi Candidate

Postby Sunshine Temple » Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:50 pm

No more pissy angsty arguments here.
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby Dumbledork » Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:21 am

I'd like to see some other sailors for a change. How about A Sailor Eternia (Masters of the Universe), Sailor Dagoba (Star Wars) or Sailor Cybertron (Transformers) for a change? Could be a really funny fic.
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Atlan » Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:06 am

Sailor Skaro (Dr Who), Sailor Oort Cloud (hangs out side the solar system in real life), Sailor Romula (Star Treck), Sailor Jusitce League Spacestation!
Man, the posibilites are endless!
The Banana, the Atheist's Nightmare:

God made it with a non-slip surface, a color coded system so we know when to eat it, and an easy open tab at the top of the banana. It's just the right shape for a mouth and is easy to digest!!
Atlan
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Materia-Blade » Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:17 am

I have a question... I was wondering actually. Why does the moon not have a name? All the other moons have names but the moon... earth's moon, does not.
Luna doesnt' count as it's just a word for moon in some other language.
Is there a name for the moon? Someone wanna research it? heh heh? (I'm too lazy...)
About sailor nova. You could go the way of aftermath and say that her power is conected to every nova, (meaning she would recieve power as a nova goes off)
So saying she is quite chaotic, fitting of Ranma, and random. Sometimes she could be uber powerful and sometimes as weak as... well... Ranma enhanced by the abilities of a sailor scout.
This could easily lead to a crapload of emotional trauma as Ranma has no way of knowing WHEN she will be uber and when she will be too weak to do much more than a hiryu shoten ha causing her to consider herself a failure when say, power she had had recently, was gone when she needed it again, causing one of her fellow sailors to get hurt.
I think that is the way Sailor Nova should go.
Heh heh, though I still like aftermath's way the most. Tied to the galactic core... it don't get more powerful than that! Ha ha!
"I killed the world and you can too, if you try hard."
-- Lews Therin Kinslayer
Materia-Blade
Senshi Cadet

Postby lwf58 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:25 am

"Luna" is the proper name for the moon. Just because it means "moon" in Latin does not mean that it isn't a name. The names various tribes and nationalities give themselves just means "the people" or "the people of _____" in one form or another, and that doesn't make their tribal name any less valid.
Now, one of my pet peeves is the use of the term "Solar system" when used for any planetary system other than ours. "Sol" is the official name for the star Earth orbits, so the "Solar" system specifically means the objects orbiting the star Sol. Just for the record, I prefer "stellar system" for planetary systems orbiting other stars.
lwf58
Site Master

Postby EdenB » Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:02 pm

lwf58 wrote:"Luna" is the proper name for the moon. Just because it means "moon" in Latin does not mean that it isn't a name. The names various tribes and nationalities give themselves just means "the people" or "the people of _____" in one form or another, and that doesn't make their tribal name any less valid.

As said here, Luna is the proper name for the moon. Though it has also been known as Selene, which makes me wonder if Serena from the dub of Sailor Moon was chosen because it sounds similiar. Especially since the enemies Vesves, Junjun, Pallapalla and Cerecere sound pretty similiar to the asteroids and roman goddesses Vesta, Juno, Pallas and Ceres.
EdenB
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby lwf58 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:03 pm

Naoko Takeuchi didn't pull the Silver Millennium character names out of a hat. She raided Greek mythology for them.
Selene is the Greek name for the goddess Luna.
Selene
(Encyclopædia Britannica Article)
In Greek religion, the personification of the moon as a goddess. She was worshiped at the new and full moons. Her parents were the Titans Hyperion and Theia; her brother was Helios, the sun god (sometimes called her father); her sister Eos (Dawn); and her husband Zeus. She is most identified with Endymion, whom she loved and whom Zeus cast into eternal sleep in a cave.

"Serena" is a name chosen by DIC, and it was a deliberate play on her normal personality vs. her Neo-Queen Serenity persona. It comes from Latin, but it means "serene, calm". It has nothing to do with "Selene". Her name in Japanese was Usagi (Bunny), a play on the Japanese idea that the patterns on the moon look like a rabbit pounding out mochi to them. In Europe, of course, they thought the patterns looked like a man's face.
Strangely enough, the Rabbit in the Moon is a myth that was also common with many of the ancient Native American city-state cultures between Mexico and Panama.
lwf58
Site Master

Postby Bliss » Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:36 pm

*sweatdrops*
The topic feels somehow....deviated.
I haven't looked at it, but from what I heard in the earlier comments, it doesn't seem like it's worth it.....any opinions about the actual content? I can probably live with poor grammar and improper spellings.... more interested in the content....
I mean, is the plot contrived and cliche?
Princess of Nyx (Nix)
Saving the world, One Bishie at a Time

Rank Up! Spammaster Rank C by Himi-chan Sept. 5, 2007
Appointed 'Universal Translator' by Cybses July 22, 2006
Bliss
Super Power Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:51 pm

The quality of the story - passable. The quality of the writing - passable. I hit the button to get notified of continuations, but didn't bother copying the chapters to my hard drive.
As Douglas Adams said - "Mostly harmless".
Ellen
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

sailornovas power

Postby timdraco » Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:55 pm

alot of fics with nova in it either have her power coming from the sun,galaxy as whole,universe as whole, or just as a direct link to black hole, supernova(where the name comes from), or never explains it.
timdraco
Senshi Cadet

Postby Darth Thanatos » Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:19 pm

Materia-Blade wrote:I have a question... I was wondering actually. Why does the moon not have a name? All the other moons have names but the moon... earth's moon, does not.
Luna doesnt' count as it's just a word for moon in some other language.
Is there a name for the moon? Someone wanna research it? heh heh? (I'm too lazy...)

Erm... You are actually looking at the picture the other way around.
The English name for Earth's moon _is_ Moon (Luna in Spanish and Italian, Lune in French etc).
The generic name for a stellar body orbiting around a planet came only when mankind realized that some planets had bodies orbiting around them. The Moon was what gave the generic name to the others. Then, to distinguish them, we started to put silly names to each one of them, but Earth's is still The Moon.
The fic? not bad, but it needs an update, just like some others (Heir to the Empire comes to mind, no pressure, though).
Ne volnuites, Aeria Gloris

Midboss rank Z, promoted by "Ice Cream Thief" Himitsu on 2007-03-21
Darth Thanatos
"I am still a powerpuff girl!"

heir to empire

Postby timdraco » Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:57 pm

ya that is a pretty good fic. Also on the line of that type theres a fanfic floating around called plan b, that has ranma as beryl reincarnated. I was looking for updates on it and the arthor emailed me and said he didnt have the time to update it, and he doesnt care if anyone wants to continue it. If you want a copy of the fanfic email me and ill send it to you. I think its a good fic and someone should continue it.
timdraco
Senshi Cadet

PreviousNext

Return to Fukufics & Gender Bender