Thoughts of Spamville

Non-spam and Anime things that don't fit in C&C. Also where talk that you don't want to turn into spam goes. So No Spam allowed

Thoughts of Spamville

Postby Crescent Pulsar » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:53 am

You know, I just realized that it wouldn't be too difficult for me to draw some Spamville-related comics. The problem is that I'm not familiar enough with people/characters to portray them right. Most of what I know are from memories several years old and, unfortunately, they're a bit more faded than I would like. But, for the most part, they're outdated, anyway.

Curses.
Crescent Pulsar
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:10 am

You could always write about the current Spamville. Or try to force Archive.org to display more of the page data. Archival of PHP pages is always a mess but allot of data is in there. And well going through all the various links if you can get any to work might jog your memory and help clear the fuzz.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:40 am

The problem with Spamville, currently, is that it's not all that lively. And most of what I do experience in there is talking, for the most part. I figure the only characters I could portray well enough is Lio, Himitsu and Stag. And myself, naturally.

I wish I had some biographies, or something.
Crescent Pulsar
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby CRBWildcat » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:37 am

I've been around long enough to get a handle on some of the characters who populate the joint, including some that don't show up much anymore. The only thing keeping me from drawing comics of 'em is that doing so would take a long time for me to do (haven't had enough practice drawing anime-esque figures, even low-quality ones).

What kind of biographies are you talking about? Are you just referring to backstories and the like?
Senshi of Zeta Aquilae
Spammer Rank C --- from Himitsu, 10-25-07. "Holy @!#%!, she made Zelas cry."
SpamLady Supreme --- from Colonel Caprice, 8-16-2017
Song of the week. Updated Sundays/Mondays.
CRBWildcat
Super Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:55 am

I seem to remember asking you to check out the Spamville character Dossier a couple times. It's in this same board of the forums. It should have more info on characters that people intend to have drop in on Spamville.

I know it's not allot of info or in some cases even that current but it's better than nothing.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Re: Thoughts of Spamville

Postby Acey » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:17 am

Celeste wrote:You know, I just realized that it wouldn't be too difficult for me to draw some Spamville-related comics.

*Hugs!* Image

The problem is that I'm not familiar enough with people/characters to portray them right.

That's been my problem too. My almost year-long hiatus was not helpful.

Most of what I know are from memories several years old and, unfortunately, they're a bit more faded than I would like. But, for the most part, they're outdated, anyway.

Ignore that! Do it! We'll call it Classic Spamville or something! Please Image
Timotei. Timotei... Timotei?

"Call me Ace 'Acey' Metallium."
"Call Me Rhea"
Acey
Moon Queen Emeritus

Postby Spokavriel » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:21 am

You know you could even challenge the people from the past to challenge what you show and it might get those who vanished from Spamville to at least come back enough to defend their characters.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Neko- » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:47 pm

NO!!! Himitsu is gone, and it's been nice and quiet... Okay, a bit too quiet, but still... My tail is thankful it doesn't have to dodge Mazoku grabs, I'm thankful I'm nog being dressed up in all kinds of skimpy outfits... All is right with the world.

Then again, I've really not been active here lately. FOr some reason the RPG's aren't that interesting to me anymore. Plus that I'm pretty active on another forum that has nothing to do with fanfics or anime :?

But the Spamville Character Dossier would be a good place for you to start :)
Appointed Spammaster Rank D by Himitsu - June 21st 2006
Appointed Spammaster Rank C by Himitsu - September 2nd 2006
Prince of Bob (the Black Hole)
I reject your reality and substitute my own - Adam Savage
Neko-
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:01 pm

Who said Himitsu would be the one to come back protesting how he or she was portrayed? Himi is one of the easiest ones to get right due to exposure and all. Sure there might be protests if Himi wasn't in the comic (As seen) but that doesn't mean it's unlikely for others to pop up and add to the project
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:16 pm

I haven't looked at the character dossier for a few reasons. One, I don't think it would help me to understand how the characters would act very well, in just any given circumstance. Backstory could help, but it wouldn't be as comprehensive as, say, witnessing them act firsthand. If there's a general personality that's explained well enough, though, I suppose that could do. *Shrugs*

Acey:

My memory's way too fuzzy for something like that. But I have something else in mind, to complement what's already being done.

Until then, I'll be waiting for the one thing I did manage to make for Spamville. My PM box is hungry, Acey. :P
Crescent Pulsar
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby CRBWildcat » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:56 pm

Dossier wrote:Has an extreme love of shopping, to the point where she is quite literally addicted. Has a constant desire to look cute, and absolutely adores cats. Is almost always seen eating something. Will not get involved in stuff that goes against her personal code of ethics..... Values her friendships and alliances highly. Is afraid of offending those she respects. Loves puns. Is smarter than she seems on first glance.

That and those faux nature documentaries you've done where she was concerned do the trick quite nicely. :lol:
Senshi of Zeta Aquilae
CRBWildcat
Super Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:15 pm

Will not get involved in stuff that goes against her personal dislikes.....

There. I fixed it. :P

Sadly, that's most of what I experience from you. :(
Crescent Pulsar
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby CRBWildcat » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:23 pm

If I meant dislikes, I would've said dislikes.
Senshi of Zeta Aquilae
CRBWildcat
Super Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:42 pm

Trust me. It's mostly dislikes than ethics. I see you avoid things more often because you're not interested in them, than you do for some moral reason.

That's actually a good thing, in its own way. Not that I expect you to agree with me. :wink:
Crescent Pulsar
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby CRBWildcat » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:46 pm

Actually, my dislikes stem from moral reasons. Mostly, anyway. Trying to avoid Himitsu? Morality has little to do with it. :)
Senshi of Zeta Aquilae
CRBWildcat
Super Power Senshi

Next

Return to Other Talk