Mercury Twilight

Talk about all other fanfictions in this forum.

Mercury Twilight

Postby runnerz » Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:24 am

Hey, has anyone ever read the story Mercury Twilight by KingofMercury? I strongly recommend it.
runnerz
Senshi Cadet

Postby mondu_the_fat » Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:42 am

zomg, linkzors
A brief description other than "I highly recommend it" would also be appreciated.
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Sunshine Temple » Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:43 am

This is the wrong place for this :Moved.
Also it's very poor form to not include a link to the fic.
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby runnerz » Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:01 am

Sorry Josh. Here's a link to the fic.
Original-http://fanfiction.net/read.php?storyid=964964
runnerz
Senshi Cadet

Description

Postby runnerz » Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:04 am

The fic is about a future version of Mercury inflicted with the power of Dark-more specifically, the 40th century. I won't spoil the story of Dark Mercury for you because it is described in the fic. However, let it be known that she is almost unstoppable and it is a very good fight.
runnerz
Senshi Cadet

Postby Sunshine Temple » Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:08 am

Hmm dark senshi can be fun. if not done poorly
Oh and your link is out of date.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/964964/1/
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby AyanamiRei » Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:26 pm

Okay is anyone, but me disturbed by the fact that the lesbian incest between Amara and Michelle is not only pushed to the side....BUT NEVER MENTIONED! The author makes them LITERALLY "Kissing Cousins", but refuses to change to the subtitled names in order to change this! YOU CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS!! :x :evil:
AyanamiRei
Initiate

Postby Metroidvania » Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:56 pm

So, are you saying he's actually using the American dub that they are in truth and reality cousins, or just sticking with the English names, in which case, it's a matter of association, of which someone can take either way?
(Hmm...hope this doesn't count as contributing to Necromancy....)
Princess of Hyperion
Spammaster Rank A
Appointed "Universal Translator" by Cyber_Skaarj on July 22, 2006
Metroidvania
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby TerraEpon » Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:45 am

There's the theory that I read somewhere that Amara and Michelle simply state they are cousins to cover up their relationship (as it's only said once or something -- I don't remember enough of the dub to know if that's true, but vaguely remember them calling each other "couz" a few times)
-Joshua
TerraEpon
Asteroid Senshi

Postby WG_Writer » Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:13 am

that point of the anime was, to put it bluntly 'Politically Corrected' They were turned into cousins to hide the truth from the viewers, not from people within the story.
Storm trooper effect works against good guys as well.
No matter how strong you are, there is always a teenager able to beat you without breaking a sweat.
A blind Paladin can only hear half truths
A deaf Paladin can only see half truths
Either way the Paladin is a berserker
WG_Writer
Moon Senshi

Postby lwf58 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:45 pm

Metroidvania wrote:(Hmm...hope this doesn't count as contributing to Necromancy....)

No, it doesn't. This thread is sort of like fic C&C, in that you are commenting on a story. If you look at the rule P examples after the list of rules, C&C is listed as being okay anytime, no matter how belated.
lwf58
Site Master

Postby Metroidvania » Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:29 pm

lwf58 wrote:No, it doesn't. This thread is sort of like fic C&C, in that you are commenting on a story. If you look at the rule P examples after the list of rules, C&C is listed as being okay anytime, no matter how belated.

Ah, wasn't sure if this was considered C&C or not, since it's not an actual story here. Thanks for clearing that up for me.
Princess of Hyperion
Spammaster Rank A
Appointed "Universal Translator" by Cyber_Skaarj on July 22, 2006
Metroidvania
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby lwf58 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:44 pm

Just to further clarify:
Since the topic of this thread is the story "Mercury Twilight" by KingofMercury, it doesn't matter if the story was posted or reposted in this forum or not. In this case, since the person who began the thread is not the author of the story, reposting it here would have been a major no-no unless author permission was obtained. (Just noticed that somehow or other when we were writing the forum rules, we missed codifying that. It'll be fixed today.)
"C&C" stands for "comments and criticism". Therefor, a thread about an anime/manga fan fiction story is always okay to revive, even if the story was not submitted to the forum for criticism, since just talking about a story is, by definition, commenting on it.
lwf58
Site Master

Postby TerraEpon » Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:14 pm

WarGiver wrote:that point of the anime was, to put it bluntly 'Politically Corrected' They were turned into cousins to hide the truth from the viewers, not from people within the story.

Of course, but I mean, if you look at what happened, not why it happened. To put it a different way, "ICly" (that is, IC = In character vs OOC = out of character), by the US dub, they only claimed to be cousins rather than any sort of other statement that they are...
-Joshua
TerraEpon
Asteroid Senshi

Postby AyanamiRei » Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:24 pm

Yeah...that does start to make more sense when you put it like that...
AyanamiRei
Initiate

Next

Return to Fiction Discussion