RIP James Garner

Non-spam and Anime things that don't fit in C&C. Also where talk that you don't want to turn into spam goes. So No Spam allowed

RIP James Garner

Postby camk4evr » Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:43 pm

James Garner (86) died yesterday of natural causes.
camk4evr
Moon Senshi

Re: RIP James Garner

Postby Spokavriel » Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:22 pm

One of my favorite movies that I watch rather frequently is TANK. There are allot of other things he has done but my favorite moment in any of his movies will be when he scared off the rednecks who were threatening a farmer that gave him some gas. All because the Sheriff suggested they use negative feedback against him.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby CRBWildcat » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:32 pm

:cry:

The only thing I saw with James Garner in it was the movie "Support Your Local Sheriff!". Always did like that film...
CRBWildcat
Super Power Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:51 pm

CRBWildcat wrote::cry:

The only thing I saw with James Garner in it was the movie "Support Your Local Sheriff!". Always did like that film...

I'll second that, as well as the similar Support Your Local Gunfighter. The humor in those two just can't be had in most modern movies.

Tank was not bad, neither the one where he was a president.

Oddly, I was not a huge fan of Rockford Files or the original Maverick. I liked detective shows from 1970's through the 1990's, but it was more along the lines of Ellery Queen, Murder She Wrote, Diagnosis Murder, Scarecrow and Mrs. King, Columbo, and Remington Steele.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby camk4evr » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:28 am

I'm old enough to have seen some of The Rockford Files in it's original broadcast run and I must admit that I didn't really like the series in the late 70's early 80's. It wasn't until the late 80's early 90's when I started to rewatch them that I found I liked the series.
camk4evr
Moon Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:33 am

I'm old enough to have seen some of The Rockford Files in it's original broadcast run and I must admit that I didn't really like the series in the late 70's early 80's. It wasn't until the late 80's early 90's when I started to rewatch them that I found I liked the series.

Channel 3 here had Rockford files as one of their "runs all the time"(ie. at least 5 times per week) series for most of several years and while it wasn´t great, it was certainly good enough, and i think his acting was a good deal better than the scripting for the series.

Sad to see him gone. Better actor than he usually got credit for.

I liked detective shows from 1970's through the 1990's, but it was more along the lines of Ellery Queen, Murder She Wrote, Diagnosis Murder, Scarecrow and Mrs. King, Columbo, and Remington Steele.

Remington Steele, still a head above the rest. Liked Columbo a lot when i was a kid, but nowadays it´s waaay too simplistic. Murder she wrote was an excellent series.
And not to forget, Moonlighting, still think that was Bruce Willis best.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby talonhunter » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:04 pm

Was always partial to his roll of Maverick, both the rebooted tv series and his roll in the movie.((before Mel Gibsons change)) Murphy's Romance and Space Cowboys.
Rockford was more adult oriented anyways as a kid I liked Quincy MD for my detective show.
Who needs the light when the shadows are so much more...Playful

Senshi of Dione (Saturn IV)

=^*^=
Come see some of the crew here
talonhunter
Prism Power Senshi

Return to Other Talk