What justification does Usagi have to create Crystal Tokyo?

Discuss the Sailor Moon series in this forum.

Re: What justification does Usagi have to create Crystal Tok

Postby Spokavriel » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:43 pm

In Pharoh 90 the Great Freeze could easily have come from the outers succeeding in ending Hotaru's life.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Moridin » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:56 pm

Spokavriel wrote: In Pharoh 90 the Great Freeze could easily have come from the outers succeeding in ending Hotaru's life.

I don't think so, considering that Pharoh 90 had to be summoned from earth, along with Mistress 9 being required to do so. by that time (anime at least) two of the outers are dead. so unless Pluto somehow managed to kill Hotaru or Mistress 9 after the summoning, or perhaps Hotaru failed to defeat 9 or even that she was unable to become Sailor Saturn. If CT was a loop something happened after Galaxia to cause it to come about. if its branching time-lines then the original CT we see they did not have to deal with dark moon clan and suffered for it later.
"No one here is exactly as they appear" G'Kar, Babylon 5.
"While your out there you can memorize the Babylon 5 mantra. Ivanova is always right, I will listen to Ivonava, I will do what Ivanova says, Ivanova is god." Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5
Moridin
Senshi Candidate

Postby Spokavriel » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:59 pm

There were many places where they leapt to put down Sailor Saturn not just in the final confrontation. If they had succeeded at the first one at the Planetarium then Mistress 9 would have had to find a new host. The rest of preparations were already in progress do you really think it would have stopped their chances for succeeding considering they brought back the first witch to fall?
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Moridin » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:06 pm

ok true they could have killed Hotaru early on. and true Mistress 9 could have found a new host. it would have set them back between days to years but it could have worked. your first comment was a bit vague, that's all.
"While your out there you can memorize the Babylon 5 mantra. Ivanova is always right, I will listen to Ivonava, I will do what Ivanova says, Ivanova is god." Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5
Moridin
Senshi Candidate

Postby Spokavriel » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:07 pm

Sorry about the lack of clarity. In the end Hotaru/Saturn was the only one that successfully stopped Pharaoh 90.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Moridin » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:14 pm

Spokavriel wrote:Sorry about the lack of clarity. In the end Hotaru/Saturn was the only one that successfully stopped Pharaoh 90.

by a Death reborn revolution then silencing the planet, if what I remember from the manga is right. can't remember how she killed the guy in the anime. the only problems are A) if Pharoh 90 can be beat without Saturn. B) if not how much of planet earth is left or how many senshi are still alive and C) if there's enough left for Galaxia to be interested in, or is she just going to wipe out the rest of the universe.
Moridin
Senshi Candidate

Postby Spokavriel » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:18 pm

Now you are on tangents going beyond the great freeze.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Moridin » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:37 pm

Spokavriel wrote: Now you are on tangents going beyond the great freeze.

yes and no, considering Galaxia has been out there wiping out planets for their Star-seeds long before Pharoh 90's recent attempt to get to earth. then again this threads about Usagi and CT so who cares what might happen after the great freeze. who knows, if they stopped Pharoh 90, Galaxia might be the cause. or some hunking great space rock, nuclear war or hell even a super volcanic eruption. as for why she would be in charge, well the girls follow her. besides if everything is frozen, the inners can help with building or making it so farming is possible. they follow Usagi, so the survivors follow Usagi in the hope she wont stop the senshi from helping them.
Moridin
Senshi Candidate

Postby Zwzn » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:30 am

SailorStar9 wrote:And I mean other than the whole ecological disaster in the anime.

What made Usagi think that she could just bring an age from five thousand years ago and make it fit?

Personally, I was always suspicious about Crystal Tokyo, especially ever since I saw the Inner Senshi guarding Neo-Queen Serenity in her coma, practically like statues. I got the impression that no matter what the happy ending was for Serenity and Endymion, the Senshi seemed to be getting the very short end of the stick. And the whole concept of going full circle and bringing up the Middle Ages again always seemed, IMHO, wrong.

It is a plot hole a mile wide. All we know is that for some reason Usagi stops calling herself Usagi and Mamoru stops calling himself Mamoru, and they start going by the names they had in their past life for some unexplained reason. The next thing you know they are viewed as gods made flesh, and ruling the planet.

We don't know why they would even want to rule, and their skills are better used in other ways.
Zwzn
Moon Senshi

Postby Zwzn » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:46 am

Noy Telinú wrote:But there was still a point unanswered. WHY didn't they try to prevent it? Or talk about it?

Crystal Tokyo requires the senshi to actively cause a predestined paradox

Ask yourself what does Usagi get out of being queen of Crystal Tokyo?

A lot of paper work

No days off

No time to have fun

Chibi-Usa

The knowledge that she will win her battles because she used time travel to ensure her own victories.

The last two things are things Usagi needs, and honestly i doubt the senshi could win without the last one.
Zwzn
Moon Senshi

Postby Zwzn » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:57 am

Noy Telinú wrote:It's still friggin weird. You don't use time travel without explaining things that could make things better or worse. And you don't see a bad future without trying to stop it. Even when they say it's impossible!

Well, first off the senshi are live in the moment types. There are a number of little things they could have done even without future knowledge that would have made their battles easier.

Secondly, depending on interpretation the great freeze(anime) may happened because the senshi lost to Queen Nehelenia season 4. Season 4 and season 5 seem to take place at the same time.
Zwzn
Moon Senshi

Postby Noy Telinú » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:28 pm

I'm still bugged by this. Is it a cultural thing that they don't mention trying to alter the future? Or manipulate it? Not even AMI? Or is it a human thing and I'm just weird.
"Oh no! What haz happened? As you cats would say." Akane asked, horrified.

"Cats do not speak that way!" Luna yelled.

"Normal sucks."-Noy Telinú
Noy Telinú
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:51 pm

Its a real life time thing. It takes too long to work it out and do anything that shows thought being taken on it. Deadlines happen. So they didn't take the time to do it.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Noy Telinú » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:52 pm

Didn't stop Dragon Ball...
"Oh no! What haz happened? As you cats would say." Akane asked, horrified.

"Cats do not speak that way!" Luna yelled.

"Normal sucks."-Noy Telinú
Noy Telinú
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:11 pm

Dragon ball had a development schedule that let its author make things months in advance of release. A Deadline months away is easier to live with than one at the end of this month.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

PreviousNext

Return to Specific Series: Sailor Moon