Not all Mothers give birth

Do not request fics that a simple search engine lookup can find. Follow the rule when naming threads

Not all Mothers give birth

Postby Spokavriel » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:14 pm

The title is to make the distinction difference from my past searches. I am looking for stories where Ranma ends up in a situation where he/she ends up effectively using her girl form to be the Mother for someone. There doesn't have to be any relation but as long as Ranma is more than just a female role model and actually helps care for the person I'm looking for it.

Basically trying to cast a wider net than the ones where Ranma-chan gives birth as in past searches. Wont object to those but please give a description of the relationship in the story you link. It will help me remember for sure if I read it or not.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Re: Not all Mothers give birth

Postby jasonjkay » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:21 pm

Too early in the morning for me right now so I can only think of a couple, I'll try later.

redefining honor by Genhoss - A goldigger cross, someone from Ranma's past leaves him a were child and I think Ranm ais more of a mother to it.
The Secret Origin of Kimiko Tendo by sara t. fontanini - Ranma become Kimiko Tendo and is the three sisters mother.
Forever the Tomboy by ranger5 - Ranma as Michiru who has adopted Hotaru.
On Her Own by Kevin D. Hammel alt link- on her way home Ranma adopts a daughter after the parents are killed.
Happily Married by Kirinin - Ranma wakes up in the future, locked, married to Ryoga and with a baby.

I can think of plenty of pregnant Ranma stories but I guess your looking more more the female Ranma actually raising a kid, even adopted ones rather than just giving birth.
Last edited by jasonjkay on Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jasonjkay
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:41 pm

I've searched pregnant Ranma and enjoy those stories, Its just I've read and reread those many times.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12231008/1/Mater-Draconis and its inspiration https://www.fanfiction.net/s/3876885/1/Matron-Draconus also come to mind but both of them stop so short. There was a continuation of the original fic where someone had Ranma rescue the daughter but the site that was on is long gone.

I seem to remember one where Ranma is just a wedding short of a step mother to Harry Potter's daughter but I can't remember the link. I think it was called by any other name.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby jasonjkay » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:51 pm

Spokavriel wrote:I seem to remember one where Ranma is just a wedding short of a step mother to Harry Potter's daughter but I can't remember the link. I think it was called by any other name.

Close, it's What's in a name? by muishiki
jasonjkay
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:58 pm

Thank you.

Really when it comes down to it, pregnancy or not, As long as Ranma takes care of a child while in Female form and its more than just helping a stranger in need it counts here.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby jasonjkay » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:18 pm

I think I remember Ranma adopting a daughter in Ranma of Grayskull by Dani Yanega
jasonjkay
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:25 pm

The way Dani was borderline militant about making characters AU on the first page of the site it use to be on kept putting me off from actually reading that one.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby jasonjkay » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:33 pm

I quite enjoyed many of Dani's stories, though some of them I could only read about half and then I quit after getting bored but I still really liked the part I did read if that makes sense.

I think The Return by Sunshine Temple may technically count, the converted succubi are her children.
jasonjkay
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:40 pm

Most certainly does in all versions.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby jasonjkay » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:58 am

Last one, I really need sleep.
Fusoku no Kizuna by TheonLee - Two people who don't even like each other now have a daughter to take care of. This story is about their life with their newborn daughter and how their relationship would grow.
jasonjkay
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:05 am

Thank you, Going to read those starting tonight. More results are definitely welcome no matter how long it takes. Too bad Ranma doesn't look at her fairy kingdom as kids in Sunny's story with Calash programming magic... Talk about a near miss, Even though the fairies are pretty close to literal children for her in that.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby jasonjkay » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:00 pm

Been looking for this one for a while, I remember seeing it when searching for something else. just had to recreate my searches to find it again.

Ranko's Children by zeltronica - Ryuu is the son of Ranma with whom he hasn't got to meet yet he also has three siblings two which are the offspring of Akane/Ryoga, parents go missing now Ranma has to man up and be a parent despite her shame
jasonjkay
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:05 pm

I just realized looking through fan scanlations there are a few cannon story arcs where Ranma helps take care of a kid more than just once even in series. Really so long as its more than simply helping a stranger I'm open to it. I fear some stories are vanishing again when it comes to Ranma.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby jasonjkay » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:59 am

Spokavriel wrote: I just realized looking through fan scanlations there are a few cannon story arcs where Ranma helps take care of a kid more than just once even in series. Really so long as its more than simply helping a stranger I'm open to it. I fear some stories are vanishing again when it comes to Ranma.
Been forever since I read the manga, but I think I remember something about a kid who wanted a Genma as a panda and Ranma dressing up as a nurse. It's so hard to separate cannon events from fanfiction after all this time.

A lot of Ranma fanfics where stored on the writers own webpage or small sites that collected the stories and have since gone offline. You can often find them stored on wayback machine or other archiving sites but it's a lot harder to search for and discover those stories if you don't know exactly what your looking for or have a link from another site. I started saving every fic I read years ago, mainly due to not having my own internet and then later I still do it due to sites going down and stories getting pulled from fanfiction.net so I can read most stories I have read, unless it's bad then it's deleted.
jasonjkay
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:14 am

The one with the kid who doesn't trust medicine until its in her mouth first is also in the Anime.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Next

Return to Fic Search