Naruto Fact checking <Possible Spoilers >

Requests for information (such as weapons, maps, history, grammar, spelling, outlining, ect) for your writing. Or where to post useful reference sites that you have found useful in writing. Anything from information research to writing guides.

Naruto Fact checking <Possible Spoilers >

Postby Vahn » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:23 pm

So yeah I am working on a Proto Type story and so far I just filled in the blanks with made up crap. The Wiki only tells me so much but if there is any one that is an expert on the Naruto verse please answer the following questions for me.

1. Did Tsunade stay in the land of fire or did she travel all over ? If she did say in the land of fire was it just Konoha she refused to visited?

2. Sakura skills, unbais, was she any good , have natural talent? Just book smart or did Tsunade give her a cheating boost?

3. How old was Shizune when she left with Tsuande? I heard like pre-teen but an concrete figure would be nice.

4. I know she can fight and what not but does she know regular justsu like Naruto, Kakashi, etc etc OR does she specialized in medical stuff and is augmented with physical fighting ability ?

Thanks for any help!
Vahn
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Re: Naruto Fact checking <Possible Spoilers >

Postby Spica75 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:45 pm

I´m not an expert but i have done some checking for my own story...

1. Did Tsunade stay in the land of fire or did she travel all over ? If she did say in the land of fire was it just Konoha she refused to visited?

AFAIK, this is never quite specified, but it seems to be implied that she goes "all over" yes.

2. Sakura skills, unbais, was she any good , have natural talent? Just book smart or did Tsunade give her a cheating boost?

Well that´s a question without a good answer unfortunately. Sakura is one of the worst treated characters anywhere, she flipflops between competent, powerful and inept faster than a politician changes opinions. The author have repeatedly been criticised for his rather strange anti-female bias, they can be totally superpowered, but they´re always useless when it counts. Simplified but close enough.

Essentially, you will have to decide how you want your Sakura, she has shown plenty of skill at times and tends to get nerfed by fiat whenever her previously shown skill or power might affect the story.
She is allowed to shine a bit against puppetboy and not much else(and even there, she´s used AS a puppet herself).

She is repeatedly stated to have a natural talent for genjutsu, she is shown to be capable of absurd physical strength(even before training under Tsunade) and is occasionally shown as quite resourceful and capable, it´s really terribly hard to state with any kind of unbiased objectivity just what level she is at.

3. How old was Shizune when she left with Tsuande? I heard like pre-teen but an concrete figure would be nice.

Your guess is as good as mine. I was never able to locate any specific mention of when Tsunade actually left Konoha. Shizune is stated as 28 when first seen, with a graduation age of 9, that leaves a very wide stretch of possibilities.

Especially since i never even managed to confirm if Tsunade left Konoha for good before or after the Kyubi attack. The indications point towards "before", but even that is uncertain.

The Narutoverse tends to have a lot of timeline issues, important things are lost from the collective memory in a few years while we never get a clear grasp of just how long different events take, or when they take place more than a vauge "back then".

It´s very annoying, but OTOH, it means you can just go ahead and make up your own timeline.

4. I know she can fight and what not but does she know regular justsu like Naruto, Kakashi, etc etc OR does she specialized in medical stuff and is augmented with physical fighting ability ?

Shizune? AFAIK, she does not have the hyperstrength of Tsunade in any way. She does appear to know "regular jutsu" as well but the few times such is shown could be exceptions to the rule.
Personally i doubt she could become jonin, while not active in the village without knowing quite a lot outside of her specialty as well.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Vahn » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:27 pm

Sweet, ok that actually answer a lot of question but what about Tsunade? Was her main trait the powerhouse of her team and as the medical ninja?

So I am guessing I could fudge Sakura around then, and if she is 28 upon first encounter then... Hmmm Naruto was..13 right while Tenten, Neiji and Lee were 14?

Oh and one more thing, how are villages , like the civilians one name in Naruto, I know there the ninja village but anything to find the lesser villages is sorting through too much crap.
Vahn
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:11 pm

I don't think that the last Ninja War left any lesser villages... Sure some are coming back like along trade routes but that isn't the same.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Vahn » Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:47 pm

Like what village was Tsunade found in with Naruto? It's been A LONG time for me and I read that when it was free. THe wiki doesn't state the name.
Vahn
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:59 pm

Vahn wrote:Like what village was Tsunade found in with Naruto? It's been A LONG time for me and I read that when it was free. THe wiki doesn't state the name.

Have you checked at http://leafninja.com/locations.php?p=fire ?
Down on that page you will find that they caught up with Tsunade in the village "Tanzaku Gai".

And for a world map, i think the site has about the best you can find:
http://leafninja.com/images/country/World-2_2.gif (note the notation of how the south part is "extended anime geography" if you want to stay away from that)

So I am guessing I could fudge Sakura around then, and if she is 28 upon first encounter then... Hmmm Naruto was..13 right while Tenten, Neiji and Lee were 14?

12 or 13 yes. I dont recall what time of year it was.

Sweet, ok that actually answer a lot of question but what about Tsunade? Was her main trait the powerhouse of her team and as the medical ninja?

Something like that yes. In the stats thing she´s also maxed out on ninjutsu though, not to be forgotten.

I don't think that the last Ninja War left any lesser villages... Sure some are coming back like along trade routes but that isn't the same.

I doubt that, as there seems to be reasonably prosperous(and some less so) villages behind every bush and corner at the start of the series.
It´s also specifically mentioned that the 3rd war was one of attrition. Widespread devastation is not in any way mentioned.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Vahn » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:13 pm

We know Tenten clothes is chinese, but what is it called in the Naruto verse?
Vahn
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:45 pm

Well, we know it can't be Chinese, since there's no China in that universe, but also because there are distinct styles that could make calling something "Chinese" correct only in the technical sense. There are also similar styles of clothing in nearby countries, so a discerning eye is sometimes needed.

Anyway, like in many cases, if certain things are left unnamed or unexplained (usually because they're not seen as important or relevant), whoever's in charge of stylistic and aesthetic decisions will impose upon the audience to suspend whatever questions they have about it and just accept that it's there (even if it seems foreign). It's not uncommon for the spoken language to be left unnamed and assumed to be the same as the target audience (in this case, Japanese).

If a catch-all name is required, to avoid describing the basic parts that make up any particular article of clothing, I believe that the style worn by Tenten is called Mandarin (it may be called something else in the Japanese language, though). I believe that Sakura also wore the same style early on in the series; more specifically, a qipao, I believe. If that or other suggestions aren't satisfactory, you may have to settle for describing the distinctive features. For example: a tunic with a raised collar and frog buttons done up diagonally across the chest.
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby Vahn » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:42 am

Fact checking for a scene.

I know you can water walk, and tree walk, but have anyone air walk before?
Vahn
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:16 am

My knowledge of Naruto is rather meager (so you can just ignore this post and wait for someone more knowledgeable, who can confirm whether an example exists or not), but -- from what I know -- I suspect that it wouldn't be walking on air even if such a thing could be done. Aside from being surrounding by air, and thus in it rather than on it, it's probably too insubstantial to work with as is or too impractical otherwise (because of the amount of concentration/control required, and possibly resources). For the same reason that I wouldn't expect anyone to walk while submerged in water, I would expect some effect that takes advantage of being surrounded by air (if not that, then floating or flight achieved without using the air directly). If one really wanted to achieve the effect, though, it might be a tricky affair of creating water right at the moment one wishes to make a step or jump, unless they can also hold that water in place. Seems like too much effort to be worth it, though...
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby Vahn » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:47 am

Doesn't seem like there's anymore bites :(
Vahn
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:40 pm

Vahn wrote:Fact checking for a scene.

I know you can water walk, and tree walk, but have anyone air walk before?

AFAIK, no. Haven´t seen the last hundred episodes or so though.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:40 pm

If it hasn't been demonstrated before the last hundred episodes, chances are it's unlikely to have happened.
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:54 pm

Crescent Pulsar S wrote:If it hasn't been demonstrated before the last hundred episodes, chances are it's unlikely to have happened.

That was my thinking yes.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Vahn » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:23 pm

Sweet thanks! Guess I can keep the air walking scene then
Vahn
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Next

Return to Fic Research