Ranma/Sailor moon fusion help version 2

Requests for information (such as weapons, maps, history, grammar, spelling, outlining, ect) for your writing. Or where to post useful reference sites that you have found useful in writing. Anything from information research to writing guides.

Ranma/Sailor moon fusion help version 2

Postby Noy Telinú » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:58 pm

As many of you know, before the crash, I had asked for help for my Sailor Moon/Ranma 1/2 fusion The Red side of a Blue Moon, where Akane is Sailor Moon. As my knowledge of Sailor Moon is not as great as I feel is good enough. While tuatara, my editor, is a great help and will catch anything major, I still ask for assistance.

First, the generals and Beryl, since that is up first. Why is that queen so incompetent? Why do the four generals not really learn? And what do the other 3 do before being told to deal with the senshi? This really confuses me.

Help? Please?
"Oh no! What haz happened? As you cats would say." Akane asked, horrified.

"Cats do not speak that way!" Luna yelled.

"Normal sucks."-Noy Telinú
Noy Telinú
Prism Power Senshi

Re: Ranma/Sailor moon fusion help version 2

Postby Spokavriel » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:04 pm

She was a spoiled princess/royal who thought she was suppose to end up in a relationship with Endymion. No training in any kind of tactics. Who happened along an ancient evil power and made a pact with it. Using its power she took control over much of the population of earth had massive resources in the form of Youma and was able to brain wash the generals to her control. Giving the Generals effectively unlimited resources their training and the power backing them was sufficient to overthrow the Silver Millennium. In the future they are struggling to find power to restore the originally apparently unlimited power and resources they had when they nearly won. That leaves Beryl ordering much more minimal forces to be used and well its not enough for what the Generals know how to do to be effective.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:18 pm

Noy Telinú wrote:As many of you know, before the crash, I had asked for help for my Sailor Moon/Ranma 1/2 fusion The Red side of a Blue Moon, where Akane is Sailor Moon. As my knowledge of Sailor Moon is not as great as I feel is good enough. While tuatara, my editor, is a great help and will catch anything major, I still ask for assistance.

First, the generals and Beryl, since that is up first. Why is that queen so incompetent? Why do the four generals not really learn? And what do the other 3 do before being told to deal with the senshi? This really confuses me.

Help? Please?
It depends on whether the anime or manga is more important as the basis of your story, because they have differences. For the anime in particular, which has the monster-of-the-week element (which means more opportunities for the baddies to make mistakes and repeat them), you'll have to get creative for the perceived incompetence(s) unless you don't mind breaking the fourth wall in your story in order to give the most likely reason for it.

As for what the other generals do, I think it's reasonable to say that it's possible for them to be looking for the Ginzuishou while one of them tries to take some energy in the meantime and attracts the attention of their adversary when that fails. Though there's no saying that the other three aren't also taking energy successfully, since you can always reason that that kind of strategy doesn't work out for them because they never got the amount of energy needed to release Metallia (which is why getting the Ginzuishou is so important, as it's purported to be a powerful and endless source of energy).
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby Noy Telinú » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:34 pm

Right now I'm just going with what I know. So, a mix between the two.

But still, any reason for the queen's incompetence?

"I know who the senshi are!"

"Don't care I freeze you forever!"

What?

Noy Telinú
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:37 pm

She's surrounded by liars and killers constantly. As far as she could prove he had no way to know better than the rest of them did and was just stalling for another chance.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Noy Telinú » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:47 pm

When you put it THAT way...

Noy Telinú
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:25 pm

Noy Telinú wrote:Right now I'm just going with what I know. So, a mix between the two.

"I know who the senshi are!"

"Don't care I freeze you forever!"

What?

Any reason why you start on the basis that she is incompetent? Perhaps you should start there first. Who's to say that what she does wasn't the best or understandable considering the much-guessable circumstances? If you want her to be incompetent, yeah, there are plenty enough holes to fill with ways to express that. If not, you can work that in reverse.

As for the example given, I can't say I recall if Jadeite actually got out those words, but you have to consider both his position and Beryl's by that point. If we're talking about the anime, Beryl essentially gives Jadeite thirteen chances for consecutive failures of the same number. Right there you could say that Beryl was incompetent in her leniency, even before getting to the point where he learns of the senshi's identities. That he saved that information for himself until he felt that it might save him is not directly reflective on Beryl, as her choices of powerful sub-commanders are restricted to those who were sealed away with her. Also, when you give someone that many chances for so many failures, there comes a point where it becomes the sensible thing to not listen to excuses and risk continuing the pattern.

Of course, if the story isn't all that serious, you don't really need much advice if incompetence is a part of what makes things funny. And since so much is left open as to why this or that is done the way it was, you can just make up whatever fits with what you want.
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby Noy Telinú » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:33 pm

Ok, thanks! It IS an insanely humor soaked fic, after all.

Wow, blond guy messed up THAT many times? Woah...

Next question, Any reason why they picked southern Tokyo? And why did they stay there after meting resistance? It's awfully convenient that they pick places so close to the senshi...

Noy Telinú
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Konsaki » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:43 pm

Main reason for Juuban area of Tokyo is because the Senshi live there. It'd be a pretty boring story if the Dark Kingdom attacked Canada for life energy and the Senshi couldn't even detect that there was an operation going on there to fight it.
Konsaki
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:45 pm

Its also convenient that the senshi were reborn there. In a later season it turns out part of Tokyo is built on a point that is analogous to the sea of serenity. Giving a bit of a metaphysical connection between the Japanese islands and the moon. I find it more surprising that they had some way to operate in England given how much of their actions in Japan turned out and cost them power wise.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:48 pm

Why do the four generals not really learn?

Well at least that is likely to have something to do with them being bespelled, effectively under her magical control.

That leaves Beryl ordering much more minimal forces to be used and well its not enough for what the Generals know how to do to be effective.

And even if they know better ways to do it, it´s uncertain they would think of them as long as they just compete over being Beryl´s favorite toy.

Spok pretty much said it. She´s a spoiled "uberclass" brat of the worst kind.

That said, you can probably nudge her abilities quite a lot in whatever direction you want. Because the situation could easily be the main culprit. Simple lack of knowledge combined with an extreme lack of options, that can make anyone look stupid. Personally i think it´s more of the "stupid brat", but in my own story i´m settling for somewhere in the middle. There, she´s not really incompetent, just really not suitable for the situation(not the smartest girl around either though...).

Main reason for Juuban area of Tokyo is because the Senshi live there. It'd be a pretty boring story if the Dark Kingdom attacked Canada for life energy and the Senshi couldn't even detect that there was an operation going on there to fight it.

Wasn´t there also a limit on how many places they could move to/from(DK+youma i mean)?
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:51 pm

From the Dark Kingdom perspective its tactically wise to establish a foot hold on an relatively isolated group of islands than anywhere main land where sufficient troops might be devised to overwhelm their forces before they establish a foothold. Their resource needs however demand they do it somewhere with a high population density. So that cuts out many of the places where it would be easier to establish a beachhead situation.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Noy Telinú » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:02 pm

Spokavriel wrote:From the Dark Kingdom perspective its tactically wise to establish a foot hold on an relatively isolated group of islands than anywhere main land where sufficient troops might be devised to overwhelm their forces before they establish a foothold. Their resource needs however demand they do it somewhere with a high population density. So that cuts out many of the places where it would be easier to establish a beachhead situation.

Except, Tokyo is huge! After seeing that southern Tokyo is populated with senshi, shouldn't they try moving a few wards north or east or west?

These generals don't deserve that title. (Unless it IS all Beyrl's fault or its like Star wars ranks...)

Konsaki wrote:Main reason for Juuban area of Tokyo is because the Senshi live there. It'd be a pretty boring story if the Dark Kingdom attacked Canada for life energy and the Senshi couldn't even detect that there was an operation going on there to fight it.

No in-story reason, though.
Spokavriel wrote: Its also convenient that the senshi were reborn there. In a later season it turns out part of Tokyo is built on a point that is analogous to the sea of serenity. Giving a bit of a metaphysical connection between the Japanese islands and the moon. I find it more surprising that they had some way to operate in England given how much of their actions in Japan turned out and cost them power wise.

I was wondering on why they just didn't just all go to England than. London is a big city on an island...
Spica75 wrote:Wasn´t there also a limit on how many places they could move to/from(DK+youma i mean)?

If true, that explains a lot.

Noy Telinú
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:45 pm

Noy Telinú wrote:Next question, Any reason why they picked southern Tokyo? And why did they stay there after meting resistance? It's awfully convenient that they pick places so close to the senshi...

Not necessarily. Many distraction tactics are basic to small and large battles alike, and keeping the opponent focused on one thing while they're doing something that they don't want interfered with elsewhere is among the most common and simplest of them. Sleight of hand, as it were. If an organization has more than one resource at their disposal, which the Dark Kingdom does, they can act independently or together for the same or different/related goals.

Another basic tactic is to inhibit the opponent's mobility. If your opponent is on one side of the world, and you're doing something that you don't want them to see on the other side, why lead them near it so they have a chance to see what else you're up to? It'd be a much better idea to keep them where they are, so it makes sense to choose the battlefield and instigate the battles there.

In the manga, at least, it's shown that the Dark Kingdom can operate outside of Japan. Of course, Sailor V just happens to be in the right countries at the right time. By the start of Sailor Moon, Sailor V has already given the Dark Kingdom enough time and experience to set into motion any of the tactics I mentioned above.
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby Noy Telinú » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:50 pm

If that was the case, they'd be sending in things they could lose, not the generals. And I get the impression in the anime that they are limited in resources as the other 3 don't seem to be doing anything.

Noy Telinú
Prism Power Senshi

Next

Return to Fic Research