Decepticon K.A.R.R.

For submitting and talking about story ideas, individual scenes that need doctoring, outlines, or other detail work that isn't quite ready for the C&C thread.

Idea submissions must be at least five paragraphs long, and include plot points, summaries of which characters are involved, and, for fanfiction, how it differs from canon. Both original and fanfiction ideas welcome. Though original works should have more development. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Re: Decepticon K.A.R.R.

Postby Spokavriel » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:45 am

Government and headless robot not required. It can work without either one. But if you want to do a story like that, why not?

Knight Industries is also known as the Research department for the Foundation for Law And Government. Later on called FLAG. I jokingly mentioned the FIRM earlier to hint I might think of something similar with Airwolf.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Blackcat101 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:35 pm

I insisted on goverment because:

A) Funding

B) Make great mind works together that would not do otherwise

C) Cold war

D) Justify the reason they are building a weapon.

The headless transformer is there because otherwise, the robot they build will not be really dangerous, just a one episode villain, since is not made with cybertronian armor and weapons.
Blackcat101
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:03 pm

For starters FLAG is run off of a trust left behind when Wilton Knight passed away. It might not be infinite but for any date after Reagan left office it is better funded without debts than the Federal Government. Just so you don't have that worry.

The Government doesn't make anyone work well together. If it was left to the government funded aviation projects we still might not have had flight. Two guys in a bicycle shop got it to work. The Foundation already has members of the top 10 in sciences and engineering and they already know how to work together and are working with people they like without Government intervention.

Cold war kinda ended before Kitt hit the road.

FLAG already built weapons in KITT and KARR not to mention other things they have developed. So has Dr. Fujiyama as displayed by the Decepticon's use of Nightbird. Why would they need additional justification to do what they already did again?

So you are dead set on Humanity being inferior to Cybertronians in every way with no chance of developing anything that could be an advantage? Even with the Decepticons repeatedly stealing inventions be it the antimater generation process or the metals(Clearly stated as human development) in the episode where Prime returns.

Edit: KARR was intended to be a single time enemy but also one that matches KITT in abilities. KARR has never had the advantage on his side when you really get down to it in the episodes. So making him that kind of character again in a crossover with Transformers is keeping with his nature in his own origin reality. He only had a comeback/ second episode due to fan demand.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Blackcat101 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:00 pm

G1 aired from 1984 to 1991 and since we are setting the story just a few months after the Transformers arrived to Earth, the Cold War is still going. What if we had some human supervillain find the destroyed Transformer while at the same times have Knight Industries build a big robot able to defeats the Decepticons?

Yes is true the Decepticoss scavenged a lot of human technology, but they were also somewhat stuck on Earth due to the fact Cybertron had fuel problems, so is not like they had much choice in the matter.

Also I think that once activated K.A.R.R. would eventually rename himself, since he would be running in superior hardware and he would consider the old car inferior.
Blackcat101
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:14 pm

So you missed where I pointed out that the situation that has been pieced together only makes sense in Season 2 after giving episode 6 some space for the build to make sense. And the events of Season 2 give the feel of being in a near future instead of the same year as it is broadcasting. So how long in between for the characters is a guess at best.

Energy not fuel. The energy resources of Cybertron had been exhausted. Fuel is just a form of concentrated energy that requires special conditions to be made useable.

So make a story with an OC. Really there isn't much to KARR in the first place just make a story with a completely original human rebuilt transformer. You have a take on this which has no need for anything in Knight Rider and you argue against everything that makes sense with the series.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Blackcat101 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:53 am

Just hit K.A.R.R. with the Allspark or the Matrix, boom, instant transformer!
Blackcat101
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:52 pm

Even those options can be a timing question. It never really worked that way in Gen 1 Transformers with the Matrix of Leadership. Vector Sigma however... And I don't remember the All Spark being used on a device that wasn't already a transformer... Kinda ignorant on that one.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby talonhunter » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:03 am

*Trying to remember what grimlock was struck by when he built the airialbots*
Who needs the light when the shadows are so much more...Playful

Senshi of Dione (Saturn IV)

=^*^=
Come see some of the crew here
talonhunter
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Neko- » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:21 pm

That would be the Technobots... And it was the powercore of Cybertron if this is to be believed: http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/Technobot_(G1)
Appointed Spammaster Rank D by Himitsu - June 21st 2006
Appointed Spammaster Rank C by Himitsu - September 2nd 2006
Prince of Bob (the Black Hole)
I reject your reality and substitute my own - Adam Savage
Neko-
Crisis Power Senshi

Previous

Return to Ideas, Outlines and Scenes