Decepticon K.A.R.R.

For submitting and talking about story ideas, individual scenes that need doctoring, outlines, or other detail work that isn't quite ready for the C&C thread.

Idea submissions must be at least five paragraphs long, and include plot points, summaries of which characters are involved, and, for fanfiction, how it differs from canon. Both original and fanfiction ideas welcome. Though original works should have more development. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Decepticon K.A.R.R.

Postby Spokavriel » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:23 pm

K.A.R.R. is the Knight Automated Roving Robot. An A-Moral creation of Wilton Knight which has all the capabilities of K.I.T.T. the Knight Industries Two Thousand. In Knight Rider KITT and KARR have many run-ins the last one results in K.A.R.R. apparently being slagged in hundreds of pieces but with the AI circuitry clearly still functioning.

What if a Decepticon had witnessed the battle? K.A.R.R. clearly was operating without a Human. It showed its self to be all but indestructible and attacked with a laser. Weaponry and armor superior to most Human technologies. And the intelligence to trap live/human bait and use it against its foes.

I could see Starscream imagining potential already. Rebuild the car into a transformer to be his own Lieutenant as he ousts Megatron.

Problem is K.A.R.R. has his own quite clear agenda of obsession. The destruction of K.I.T.T. the "inferior production model" that has bested him at least twice. KITT's existence is proof that he can be replaced. And that threatens his entire existence.

But after I get this far in thinking about it I can't really figure out a story for it. What is there for Decpeticons other than Star Scream to gain? They already have equal and superior technologies outside of the molecular bonded material on the surface of the body. Sure Star Scream can have another attempted ally turn out not to be any help to him. But where can it go?

Anyone have any ideas as to what Autobot reaction to this kind of thing would be? Or that of The Foundation when K.A.R.R.'s surveillance mode is detected again? Kitt has witnessed Karr blowing up twice now, the last time scattering the debris then driving past the shattered remains. How do you fight an enemy that through some kind of evil luck keeps coming back stronger?

Edit: K.A.R.R. has had 2 appearances and 2 Voice Actors. One of which is extremely well known for Transformers. His original voice actor is Peter Cullen Better known as the voice of Optimus Prime. I think Paul Frees will be better remembered for Ludwing Von Drake but he was the other voice actor for KARR.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Re: Decepticon K.A.R.R.

Postby ckosacranoid » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:36 pm

I could see shockwave being better then star scream. Star scream is kinda of wimp for deing with somethingblike this. Shockwave being a scienceist would see this as a way to see what would happen if you combine transformer tech with a human built machine. I could see him building in a fail safe that he could enact when karr goes out of control and even causes a problem for the shockwave even.
As for an idea, changing karr he thinks to detory kitt and everyone around him he getts his hands on a nuke or something else bad and intends to kill a city just to get even and even megatron gets acbit green at even that idea, he would to rule the humans, not kill them all I think. I couls see karr after being rebuilt making a couple of clones of himself for extra help to balance out with causeing a couple of autobots to team up with shockwave and the foundation to stop karr from carrying out his killing a city or something. I would limit the number of transformers so that you center around the humans working with a could of robots to stop something the humans built in the first place and did not clean up the mess that they made when kitt nuked karr in the first place. I could see a subplot in them not getting to the wreak in time someone else took the scape away and it falls into the wrong hands like crime or something or even mad sceince.
http://otakuracing.blogspot.com/
my blog for busniess and other things i do.
ckosacranoid
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:53 pm

I tend to work best with Gen-1 And Shockwave tends to be rather stuck on Cybertron for most of that. Soundwave's bat however... Not shown in the series but he was all over the comic books and could probably be seen doing some of the same ploys. He did take over for a while when Megatron was out of the picture in the Gen-1 comics.

It seems you are suggesting a here we go again ending only with someone like Dr. Arkerville instead of the Decepticons. After all the Decepticons are using that kind of Scrap scenario to have KARR to remake already at the start of this idea.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby talonhunter » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:29 pm

How about twisting the screw a bit here. Instead of ratbat or sound wave, why not have ratchet stumble a cross KARR's debris. Sensing his power signature, he rebuilds his body. KARR turns on the auto it's when he sees KITT fighting Goliath.
Who needs the light when the shadows are so much more...Playful

Senshi of Dione (Saturn IV)

=^*^=
Come see some of the crew here
talonhunter
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:04 pm

Slight problem in timeline there. The second time KITT defeats KARR is after the last appearance of Goliath. And KARR uses the laser designed to defeat Goliath, that has been reworked by the Foundations entire team of scientists and technicians to double its power from what it had in that fight. KARR kinda stole it after turbo boosting into the Foundation Mobile Unit.

Michael and KITT end up having to rely on high tensile reflectors to deflect the laser beams.

Edit: Goliath's final episode is Season 2 Episode 19 the second half of a 2 parter. K.I.T.T. Vs K.A.R.R. the final episode for K.A.R.R. is Season 3 Episode 6.
Goliath's first appearance is also a 2 parter the kickoff for season 2 Episodes 1 and 2. K.A.R.R. was kinda buried in a beach from before the birth of Goliath until after his destruction. Because that is where he ended up at the end of Season 1 Episode 9 Trust Doesn't Rust.

Timeline S1E9 Trust Doesn't Rust = K.A.R.R. intro, Goliath intro 2 parter S2E1E2, Goliath final appearance Return of Goliath S2E18E19, K.A.R.R. gets unburied by beach combers, S3E6 KITT Vs KARR, who restore most of his functions plugging a main power cable back together, dislodged when he appeared to explode hitting the beach. K.A.R.R. was disabled in between.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:28 pm

Forgot to comment on the Autobots doing the rebuild. There is some merit there. I mean this is clearly an intelligent machine when the AI unit gets hooked up to inputs and outputs it is capable of expressing its own thoughts on a sentient level. K.A.R.R.'s motivations are rarely openly declared so after finding the computer and having some dialogue why wouldn't any Autobot see some benefit in helping the other sentient back into a functioning body?

I don't know if the Autobots would have the fabrication facilities to remake the molecular bonded shell. But in a way that is only really a concern if they don't collect the rest of the pieces. Heck they made the aerial bots with less.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Blackcat101 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:15 am

The Autobots building a robot than then goes crazy/evil does fit, it happened in the comics, G1 and Beast Wars.
Blackcat101
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:02 am

I guess the real question is if the Autobots would rebuild the machine as is so its the form it knows or if they would deliberately make it a Transformer just since that is what they know. I'm kinda waking up today thinking will happen later.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Blackcat101 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:46 am

Spokavriel wrote:I guess the real question is if the Autobots would rebuild the machine as is so its the form it knows or if they would deliberately make it a Transformer just since that is what they know. I'm kinda waking up today thinking will happen later.

Probably a transformer that has a car as an alt mode, that way he can do both things.
Blackcat101
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:42 am

There is still the question of why they would make him into a transformer. You know beyond the Author's fiat that its needed for this story concept.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:30 pm

Spokavriel wrote: There is still the question of why they would make him into a transformer. You know beyond the Author's fiat that its needed for this story concept.

Must there be a good reason? I mean, it could done based on personal interest or simply just "felt like a good idea at the time" or the like...
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:09 pm

I guess that is the Gen-1 Timing question. Its not like they didn't do so a few times. Look at the Dinobots or Autobot X(Spare parts bot in Autobot Spike) Or the various Autobot combiner bots. The thing is when to have it seem like a good idea helps work out who from Gen-1 is getting involved in the events. Is it when Spike is a kid or has his own kid Daniel? Would this be more likely for Wheel Jack or Perceptor seeing as there will be some micro circuitry reconstruction.
Maybe Spike just feels bad about finding a destroyed sports car and then its Ratchet that realizes its definitely an intelligent being/bot even without the ability to transform.

Figuring out when it makes sense is kinda a sticking point.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Blackcat101 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:44 am

Spokavriel wrote: There is still the question of why they would make him into a transformer. You know beyond the Author's fiat that its needed for this story concept.

G1 logic.
Blackcat101
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:13 am

Hard to see how you are applying it. I mean in the case of the Dinobots it was an experiment just to see what Dinosaurs as transformers would be like. With other conversions to transformer it was either to save a life or deliberately to fill a need like with the Aerial bots. They didn't make NightBird a Transformer. That was an AI robot. There should be some reason unless it can be worked out as an accident. Getting hit by a beam of Vector sigma key energy or something. It just needs some way that fits.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby talonhunter » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:35 am

What if, and it's a big if, the energies from the boosted laser mimicked the energy signal of vector sigma? It has been shown to damage and destroy transformers before.
Who needs the light when the shadows are so much more...Playful

Senshi of Dione (Saturn IV)

=^*^=
Come see some of the crew here
talonhunter
Prism Power Senshi

Next

Return to Ideas, Outlines and Scenes