A Love that Cannot Be ? [Ranma/SM/ Light OMG]

This is for posting Fiction and C&C replies ONLY. Note this does not have to be a "fukufic" or even fanfiction. All completed /ready-for0review longform creative writing allowed. No posting of individual scenes; that is what the Outlines and Scenes section is for.Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

A Love that Cannot Be ? [Ranma/SM/ Light OMG]

Postby Vahn » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:47 pm

Untitled

READ THIS FIRST!: So this is a story that is BASE in the Seahorse Universe which could be found here : https://www.fanfiction.net/s/5876464/1/SeaHorse. It is HOWEVER not a Sequel, it might feel Sequel-ish but it's not. At least to ME it's not. I wanted to try something different, I wanted to tackle the theme of messy love. I have written WAYYY too much battle fics lately so I wanted something Shoujo and Slice of Life. I also wanted to mess with the Seahorse characters again OC and all. I don't know if it came out okay an yes I add some OMG elements. Hence the reason why this is not a direct sequel to Seahorse which will NOT ever have a sequel at least from me.

This is simply a different take and how it ends I don't know but I want to try to make hair tearing romance while still keeping the feels around. I dunno it's an exercise it might even suck, I can't be the judge of that but it has been swimming in my head.

This fic could also just get trashed too since I might decide not to work on this at all. You guys are the only one that will see this for now until I finish the other projects.

So with that say, gimme your best shot.

Keep in my , my grammars sucks that's why I have two editors that would edit this but I am not sure if I want to waste their time on this yet. This is a rough draft that I am not sure on. So just judge it on plot points alone.

Take: Alternate Take

***Nerima ****

Ranma crashed down into a coffee shop hard startling the patrons of the establishment in usual flashy entrance. Sitting upright immediately he let out a loud groan. "Ugh, fuck me..." He mumbled in aggravation as he glared at the the reason why he in the coffee shop in the first place.

"Moof!" Pantyhose Taro growled as he flipped Ranma the bird in bull form.

Putting his left arm across his right arm he made a ruder gesture to the flying bull creature. "Kiss my ass," Ranma said as he completed the 'Up yours' gesture.

"MOOFFFF!" Taro growled as he dive bomb at Ranma.

Dusting himself off, Ranma noticed the patrons looked kind of afraid, feeling bad he put on his most winning smile. "It's gonna be alright folks, shit like this happen all the time around here, we'll be outta your hair in no time!" He said with a smiled as he cupped his hand together even as Taro closed in on him.

"Moko Takabisha asshole!" Ranma shouted as he shot a full powered ki attack into the diving bull , making it jack knife it's body and sending it flying off.

Flipping the bird to the retreating bull Ranma exhaled and turned around to the still scared patron. "See! Nothing to worry about no one getting hurt on Ranma Saotome watch," He declared confidently.

Ranma made for a quite a sight today as he was wearing his good navy blue chinese silk shirt with his trade mark kung fu pants. He had saved enough money to maybe take Akane on a date and today was suppose to be him maybe taking a step forward. After Jusendo he had decided maybe it's time to give it a real effort regarding Akane or Ukyou. While he could appreciate Shampoo there was no way in hell he would go with her due to her grandmother.

Sighing because his clean shirt was now dirtied, Ranma made to walk out of the shop but was stopped by an abrupt tug on his sleeve. Turning to look at the tugger in quest he noticed the offender hand was quite feminine. Tracking the hand back to it's origin he noticed that the owner of said hand was turned out to be a very pretty girl. Dressed in causal jeans and t-shirt, the girl had a tone figure that most girls would envy though her bust size was nothing to write home about, still Akane was going to kill him if this turned out to be another fiancee.

"Ranma!" The long hair ash gray girl addressed him familiarity with a hint of happy surprise.

Yep, he was a dead man.

"Who...?" Ranma asked looking at the girl that had her hand on his sleeve. She was shorter then him reaching up to his neck only. He was about to tell her to let go before a certain uncute tomboy caught them in such a compromising situation but was distracted by her looks. Sure she was a looker but it was not because she was pretty, no something about her coloration and the way she carried herself tickled at his memories.

Of course that was when Akane walked in and saw red. "Ranma! You jerk, here I was thinking you were hurt and you are flirting with some floozy!" She said angrily while giving the ash grey hair girl a death glare.

To Ranma surprised, the ash grey girl looked at Akane in and then glared back at Akane surprising both her and Ranma with her backbone.

Looking apologetically at the ash grey haired girl he motion his head over to Akane. "Sorry, my fiancee usually like to JUMP to conclusion before hearing MY side of the story or I dunno, read the damn SCENE!" He said now glaring at Akane.

Akane however glared right back at Ranma and stalked even closer to Ranma intending to hurt him. "Well if someone wasn't a perverted playboy I wouldn't have to jump to conclusion now would I?!" She said growling.

The two engaged teen glared at one another before turning away hmphing.

"Fiancee? Really Ranma? " The Ash Grey Haired girl asked in surprised as her eye darted back and forth between Ranma and Akane. "Excuse me for saying this but you don't act like it."

"It's not my idea, our parent engaged us, hell I didn't find out about it until a little over a year ago," Ranma said glaring at Akane as he brought back old grounds to be tread on.

"Please, as if I wanted to get engaged to you," Akane said trying to counter Ranma argument and mask the hurt from Ranma words. Sure she didn't want the engagement then but now...now she didn't mind it all that much truth be told.

For some reason the ash grey haired girl looked a bit relieved at hearing that. "So you are not really going out, this is just an arrange marriage , it not like you guys date or anything like that right?" She asked as if the answered was very important.

Ranma gave the familiar girl a exasperated look. "You must be new around here, I hardly have time to date anyone and everyone and their mother is out to get me engaged to their daughters," He complained , happy to have a sympathetic ear and a girl who actually seem to be siding with him.

"Puh-leeaze, you exaggerated, not EVERY girl wants you you know, it not as if you're all that great, beside most of the engagement came from your father, they sure packed up quickly when they met you though," Akane huffed. Truth be told those girls liked Ranma but she wasn't going to let Ranma get a big head and let him think he's god gift to women or something.

"You see what I deal with?" Ranma said looking from the ash grey haired girl to Akane. "Every damn day."

Just as the familiar patterned was about to get underway with the two arguing , the second official fiancee made her presence known.

"Ran-chan! You're okay!" Ukyou said tackling Ranma in a hug. "I saw you flying off on top of Taro figure you'd need some back up sugar!"

"Ukyou!" Ranma protested at the girl affectionate hug as he pry the girl off of him. Akane was near and did not need to add more fuel to the fire.

Ukyou pouted as Ranma detached her from his body but then noticed the pretty long hair girl next to Ranma, with her hand on his sleeve looking at the scene in fascination. "Another one?" Ukyou said with a sighed. On looks alone this girl was pretty high caliber, although stylish, her dress style suggest she lived a very active lifestyle.

"No!" Ranma protested right away as he saw Akane nodded. That's right he trying to figure out why she looked so familiar, so turning around her faced the girl who looked at him with a hint of fondness but nothing like Akane or Ukyou or any fiancees really. It's like she knew him and trusted him with the way she position herself by him.

"Umm, who are you anyway?" Ranma asked bluntly, making Akane face palmed at his rude manner while Ukyou waited patiently with her arms folded.

"You don't remember me?" The Ash grey haired girl asked surprised for a few seconds before she pouted.

Ranma looked her up and down making the other two fiancee jealous thinking he was checking the girl out. The girl in question however was turning left and right like a supermodel as if trying to jog his memory.

"Ah!" Ranma said eyes widening snapping his finger making the ash hair girl smiled. "I have no clue!" He said point a finger at the unknown girl.

After his two fiancee recovered from their face fault, they were about to say something when a pretty cute guy who look like he was in college stood next to the girl. He was an older boy with glasses and had cool look about him, his suit and tie only add to his attractiveness.

"Ranma-san," The man said respectfully looking at Ranma with fondness. "Still as powerful as ever I see."

Ranma looked at how the man was standing next to the girl, his body language clearly indicate his closeness to her even as he gave his greeting. Truth be told Ranma thought he looked familiar too.

"Ah, Sorry I didn't introduce myself earlier, I was quite..startled by everything. We simply don't see stuff like that everyday." The man said. "My name is Akira Mashiro , you probably don't remember me."

Now Ranma was really bothered, there was something that tickled at his memories something that told him he should know them. Ranma then looked at the ash grey hair girl again who was looking at him expectantly.

"Hmmmmm!" Ranma said as he he started to massage his temples hoping to jogged his memories. "HMMMRRRMMMMMM!" Groan louder.

"Ranma, you know these two?" Akane said curbing back on her attitude a bit now that she was certain the ash grey haired girl was not after Ranma. Still this couple was not the usual type who hanged out with Ranma. One, they dressed fashionably, two looked rich and three they well mannered to boot. Not to mention the the most glaring flaw, they didn't look much like fighters.

"Ranma honey?" Ukyou prompted looking between the couple and her fiancee.

"Akira-san what happened to the shop!" A gentle voice grabbed the man and the girl attention. The girl eyes widen in a smiled before looking back at Ranma.

"Okay fine, I might not be that memorable to you but surely you remember her!" The ash gray hair girl said pointing at the broken entrance to the cafe.

Ranma and his two fiancee turned around and saw a normal looking guy who appeared kind of wimpy at glance accompanied but an amazingly beautiful black hair beauty. Red eyes, slim figure, the girl was dress primly and conservatively. Once again something tickled at his memory as he stared at the girl.

In contrast to Ranma confused face, the girl took one look at Ranma face and lighted up with happiness. "Ranma-san!" The girl smiled and went up, much to the fiancees shocked, and hugged the even more confused boy like a dear friend. "It's been too long how have you been?"

Akane and Ukyou however was not please, if the ash grey hair girl was already pretty high caliber the new black hair beauty was on another level. Not only that she also looked pretty damn well off so why would she even know Ranma?

"Ranma?" Akane growled jealously. " Another one?!"

"Something you want to tell us Ranma honey?" Ukyou demanded darkly folding her arms tighter around her body.

The black hair girl was startled by the killing intent from behind her and like the grey hair girl familiarly hid behind Ranma for protection as if she was confident Ranma would protect her form all harm.

"Huh?" Ranma said look even more confused now as he looked behind the girl who had taken shelter behind him. The girl in question was suddenly pulled into her friend embrace conspiratorially as she whispered something into the black hair beauty ear making her eyes go wide with shock and realization.

Facing the two fiancees, the black hair girl gave them a polite look. "So you two are Ranma fiancees?" The black haired beauty asked as she peeked out from behind Ranma back, the wimpy guy went by the black hair beauty side a moment later holding her hand affectionately.

"I'm his cute fiancee!" Ukyou said in a friendly manner pressing her fingers to her dimple. Clearly these girls were taken so no need to be hostile.

"I am his official fiancee that has a bigger claim over her, the second one," Akane said looking at Ukyou who glared at her. She was able to relax as she realized the black hair girl was couple up with the wimpy looking guy. "I'm also the only one that counts."

"Shinji-kun you remember Ranma-san?" Akira said as he beckon the young man over to him who was dressed in casual slack looking at Ranma as if seeing an old friend.

"I don't think I can ever forget after all if he didn't bail us out that day.." Shinji said and then shuttered at the horrifying memory.

"Me too, that was why I took some self defense lesson to never be that helpless again," Akira said looking at the weaker young man beside him.

"Shin-ji?" Ranma mouthed. Now it was pissing him off big time. Akira, Shinji, the girls , they all sound so familiar yet why couldn't he remember.

"It's good to see you again Ranma-san," Shinji said extending his hand to a dumbfound Ranma as he shook his in confusion.

"Uh ..you too?" Ranma said a bit lost as he shook the hand. "Ok, I give up who are you people?" He said as this was bugging him to no end.

"I guess there is no helping it," The black hair beauty said playfully to her friend.

"Well I can't really blame him, back then you remember who he only had eyes for, Why I wouldn't be surprise if he only saw us as background noise," The ash grey hair girl said with a dramatic sigh.

The two girls stood in front of Ranma and smiled fondly at him. "My name is Igarashi Tomoi and this is Jun Kasragi." The black hair beauty now identified herself as Igarashi said with a smile.

The two fiancee saw Ranma eyes body stiffen as he looked incredulously at the two girls back and forth between them as if seeing them, really seeing them for the first time. It was amazing how his expression went from shock,fondness, familiarly then strangely enough sad and sorrowful before perking up.

"Ah ...wow..uh Hi," Ranma said embarrassed as if greeting forgotten old friends. "You two grew up to be really pretty." He complimented making the two girls blushed.

"Ahem, well, yes, you didn't grow up half bad yourself, what's it been, three years now, four?" The ash grey haired girl, Jun asked recovering.

"About then..yes.." Ranma said softly as he appeared to be lost in other memories. Shaking his head he turned to look at the two boys he now remembered also. "You two, sorry I didn't recognized you..you been well?"

Shinji and Akira smiled at Ranma and nodded. "We are not on your level but we are not as weak as we were back then, Ranma-san." Akira said firmly.

"Good to hear man," Ranma said patting the man on his shoulder.

"Okay, how about explaining for the people who doesn't know what's going on?" Ukyou with a very anxious looking Akane said looking at the group of what could only be old friends.

"It's..." Ranma started and looked at his two fiancee. " ..Complicated... And beside Taro is still on the loose, I need to make sure he doesn't doesn't make a bigger mess." He said not wanting to bring up...her..around his two fiancee.

Seeing as Ranma was walking out of the building again, the two girls looked at each other and nodded. "Ranma," Jun said tugging on the pig-tailed boy sleeve again preventing him from going. "We're throwing a party in Yamaha district for Akira dad company ground breaking ceremony for their new mall, It would be great if you'd show up so we could catch up on old times, that is if you're not doing anything important..."

Ranma looked at the card given to him by the pretty girl and pocketed it. "Sure, I'll be there, be great to catch up right?" He said nodding. "It's was nice seeing you all again, really." He said quickly as he sped up out of building and to the two boys surprised jump high on a roof top then bound across it.

"Wow, just like in one of those old kung fu movies..." Shinji commented while his friend just nodded with mute shock.

Akane and Ukyou however remained behind and looked at the two girls. "Okay how do you two know Ranma and how come you were acting so chummy?" Ukyou asked bluntly as she watch Ranma back disappeared in a distance.

The two girls looked at one another before nodding. "We knew Ranma from our middle school days, Shinji went to the same school as Ranma," Igarashi explain as she took in a good look at the first one was as short hair girl that was pretty cute looking, not pretty but cute. The second girl was actually pretty in a tough girl kind of way but her outfit seem more like a cos-play costume and if she didn't know better she swore that was a giant size spatula prop on her back.

"Our school, St. Louise Academy was an all girls school located in the same district as Ranma's," Jun continued for her friend who was eyeing the two "fiancee" with curiosity.

"Wait if you went to an all girls school then how did you even get to know Ranma?" Akane asked curious. Ukyou, who went to an all boys school, nodded as she knew how rare it would be to meet girls.

The two girls exchanged a look before nodding. "It was because we were friends of Ranma girlfriend." They said and watch the expression of shock rippled across the two "fiancee" as if confirming something.

"Wait? Girlfriend? As in a GIRLFRIEND girlfriend?" Akane asked incredulously. Ranma with a girlfriend, a real live girlfriend? No way!

"Depends what do you define as a girlfriend?" Jun asked looking at Akane in amusement.

"Like..holding hands and stuff, go on dates?" Akane said lamely, now that she thought about it, she didn't know what a girlfriend truly entailed. People called her Ranma girlfriend sometime...she should know.

"Oh they did all of that and more," Jun said offhandedly making Ukyou and Akane eyes bugged out.

"Su-su-surely no-no-not- not ki-ki-kis- kisssing too?" Ukyou stammered out as she felt butterflies in her stomach.

"Hmm didn't we see them kissing one another quite hotly out in front of the school once?" Igarashi asked as if trying to recalled a memory.

"Yeah! We did!" Jun said in a manner that said she just recalled the memory but clearly she had remember it quite well. "Yeah that was one of the few time we saw them kissing."

Akane looked like she was going to hyperventilate. Ukyou had fell to her knees and looked lost.

"You...You girls ..you girls are trying to rub this in our faces," Akane said suddenly as she realized this was a girl's attack. "Why?" She demanded.

It was Jun who answered as she looked at Akane coldly. "Because, clearly you are not right for Ranma," She said in an aggressive tone.

"Jun!" Akira said firmly as he put his hand on his girlfriend shoulder while looking apologetically at Akane.

"No, this is bullshit!" Jun shouted as she pointed at Akane. "She doesn't deserve to be with Ranma, you saw how she acted with him and she his fiancee ? Are you kidding me?"

"Hey what about me?" Ukyou said defensively. She knew how Akane and Ranma act, but was quite friendly with Ranma. "I'm not like Akane at all, her temper is all her!"

"You have clearly been friend zone and just haven't realized it," Jun said glaring at Ukyou too.

"Jun! That's enough!" Akira raised his voice making the girl look subdued. "I'm sorry for her outburst but Ranma-san is very dear to to the girls." He said looking at Igarashi and Jun.

Igarashi however looked at both Akane and Ukyou as she was not Akira girlfriend she could say what she want. "A long time ago, if Ranma-san had not save us, we would have suffered a fate worse then death. We care for him and want him to be happy, thought it is not my place to judge who he is with now,I want you two to know this. We have seen Ranma-san in love, we have seen how he looked at the girl he love, those eyes do no look at you two that way . "

With a polite bow Igarashi left followed by Jun and then Akira, only Shinji was left looking at a stunned Akane and Ukyou. "Please forgive my girlfriend outburst, but if it were not for Ranma-san timely arrival three years ago...a..a..group of thugs would have had their way with the girls. Us boys had been beaten down, had Ranma-san not shown up..." Shinji trailed off softly. Bowing deeply once more the boy left the two stunned fiancee.

++++Outside ++++

"You didn't see how that girl and Ranma fought Igarashi, they were like cats and dogs!" Jun said through gritted teeth.

"Well, what can we do? He is engaged." Igarashi replied.

"A bullshit engagement," Jun denied vehemently. "It was arranged by his parents he had no say in it!"

"Yet we all know how much Ranma value honor, maybe that's what keeping him there?" Igarashi deduced.

The two boys in the back, one in college while the other inherited a family business listen in on their girlfriend conversation. Akira had told Shinji what he saw and what Ranma did earlier with the flying bull. A few years ago he might have thought that was impossible but now he could accepted it thanks to how weird Japan had gotten. Why there was even those Sailor scouts in his district.

"Ranma belongs with Michiru," Jun said firmly in a tone that brooked no argument.

"Jun,Michiru is..taken now." Igarashi said looking softly at her friend. "She's happy and content."

"Michiru settled and you know it." Jun said looking at her friend who was unable to rebut her. "I have not seen Michiru look at that other girl like she did when she looked at Ranma, not once that I recalled there was none of the same kind of happy giddy love we saw between Ranma and her."

"True but she's happy now and adopted a daughter also," Igarashi replied looking at her friend sadly.

"Is she really?" Jun said challengingly. "And from what I understand that girl was adopted by that other woman too, what was her name, Setsuna, so technically there are multiple parental figure for the girl."

"Don't interfere," Igarashi warned her friend.

"Okay how about this, if you say their spark have died out and they are no longer in love with each other then let's have them meet," Jun said suddenly perking up.

"I don't think this is a good idea." Igarashi said worriedly. "I don't think we should meddle..."

"Look if they feel nothing then nothing will happen when they meet right?" Jun said firmly. "Beside, the way it all ended, it left a bad taste in my mouth, you clearly saw Ranma when we mentioned her, he still feel something for her."

"But he was the one that fell out of contact with her, not the other way around," Igarashi argued. "If anything it would be Ranma fault that Michiru... moved on.."

"Maybe or maybe Ranma couldn't get any his hand on any paper or all of his letters got lost...the point is she moved on without knowing for sure and Ranma ...Ranma is in a bad relationship." Jun said softly. "If that's what he want I won't stop him but if it's just for honor then I say fuck that!"

The two was silent after that neither saying much to one or the other.

"Well this is where Akira and I part, sorry the Cafe we decided on was trashed..." Jun said apologetically.

"Not a problem, see you at the party then?" Igarashi said softly.

"Oh yes, don't forget to make sure Ai come from her office lady job!" Jun said reminded her friend.

"I think it's she works at a disaster relief office not a regular office lady job." Igarashi corrected her friend. Truth was she was not sure what Ai did, the girl graduated and went to work somewhere she was not suppose to disclosed.

++++With Igarashi shortly afterward ++++

Watching her friend walk away she picked up the phone and dialed her friend and listen tot he ring tone three time before an audible clique could be heard. "Goddess Relief office Ai Morisato speaking." A gentle voice said on the other end.

"You're silly!" Igarashi said with a laugh. " Goddess Relief office, really? Someone has a mighty high opinion of herself now huh?"

"Iga-chan!" Ai said joyfully on the other end of the phone. "How have you been?"

"Been okay actually, Me and Jun met up for coffee but the place was in shamble," Igarashi replied warmly. "Oh you'd never guess who I saw at the cafe!"

"Who?" Ai asked excitedly. "A celebrity ? Please tell me it was the Three Lights !"

"Ugh!" Igarashi said rolling her eyes. "Ai seriously, the Three Lights were like last year news!"

"Never! They will always be number one in my heart!" Ai proclaim loudly over the phone and was told to shut up harshly by someone in the back ground. "Ah that was my aunt..heh heh."

"Well, anyway, I saw someone much much better then the Three Lights," Igarashi said smirking over the other girl protest over the phone. "It was..Ranma!"

There was complete silence on the other line before a loud whooping yelled was heard through her receiver making Igarashi pull the phone far away from her ear. For the next two minutes all she could hear was loud whooping noises over the phone.

"You saw him really? How was he? Did he grow up to be a super hottie?!" Ai said loudly over the phone still clearly excited.

"Okay, I like Ranma as much as the next girl in our group but seriously you just act like he's second coming of um... what's that westerner deity, right Jesus or something," Igarashi said archly at her friend.

"Don't be silly, that's not due for anoth-OW! Why did you hit me Auntie!?" Ai asked to someone clearly over the phone. "What do you mean thats restricted informa-oh heh heh, Sorry."

"Hah hah! You're so silly!" Igarashi said fondly. Ai became a lot more eccentric as the years pass. Faries, different pantheon rules different sections of Earth her friend turned out to be a mythology fanatic that's for sure.

"Geez...some people..." Ai said over the phone before her voice clearly focused back onto her friend. "So...tell me, how was...Ranma?" She asked excitedly.

"From what I saw, he's grown a lot more handsome and powerful then before, he's also engaged though the girl he's engaged to kind of give me bad vibes." Igarashi said softly giving her friend the news.

"Oh.." Ai asked softly over the phone line.

"I know that you always had faith that Michiru and Ranma would get together again but..what's done is done." Igarashi said softly. "However, if you want to meet up with him again Jun had invited him to Akira ground breaking party for his family new mall."

"Oh I would love too!" Ai said instantly cheering up again. "I will definitely be there!"

"Jun had this crazy idea for Ranma and Michiru to meet up again, I think I talked her out of it," Igarashi said uncertainty. "However why don't t you go talk to her and make sure she doesn't do anything crazy."

"Roger that," Ai said over the phone. "Oh hey I got a call that I have to take, I'll see you next weekend!"

Igarashi smiled at her boyfriend who was patiently waiting for her to get off the phone. Shyly she intertwine her hand with his and leaned on his shoulder as the couple walked toward Shinji cousin home.

++++ With Jun ++++

The moment Igarashi was out of sight was the moment Jun took out her cell phone and speed dial her friend.

"Hello?" A soft voice said on the other end.

"Ah is this Hotaru-chan?" Jun asked . "Is Michiru home?"

"Ah, Hi auntie Jun!" Hotaru said softly. "Michiru-mama, phone!"

"Hello Jun," Michiru greeted her old friend warmly. "It's been a while hasn't it?"

"And who fault is it that always cancel at the last minute?" Jun chided her best friend. "Hell we can't even get coffee without being interrupted by one of your friends or a family member had taken sick or something. Honestly, sometime you act like the world was at stake or something."

"Oh it was Jun, it really was," Michiru said seriously.

Jun paused in shocked for a bit before the two suddenly laugh together through he phone. "As if! You saving the world? Yeah and next thing you tell me the Sailor Senshi are all teen girls!"

"But they are," Michiru answered flatly.

"Ahahaha! Stop it! You're making me pee!" Jun said as she laughed heartily at her friend joking manner. Ah she missed this, Michiru the one that actually wasn't so cold, only she and the other three could get her top open like this.

"So what's been going on with you?" Michiru asked softly.

"Oh ,this and that oh and Akira dad company is doing a ground breaking ceremony for their new mall in Juban, Igarashi and Ai is coming, so you HAVE to come," Jun demanded of her friend. "Feel free to bring your friends and family and no excuses this time!"

"But what if a monster attack and I need to sneak off to transform into a magical girl to fight them?" Michiru asked seriously again.

"Oh my god, seriously! Stop, my stomach can't take it anymore!" Jun said laughing hard before composing herself. "Look if a monster show up, I"LL take care of it, you are staying your butt with us and we are all going to catch up. Understood?!"

"Yes drill Sergent Jun," Michiru answered with a amused tone. "I'll be there."

"Good," Jun said as she hung up with her best friend. Closing her eyes she wonder if she was doing the right thing. Hearing Hotaru voice cast some doubts but she wanted to be sure that they were with who they deserved to be with not who they should be with...

Akira her boyfriend slowly place a hand on her shoulder for comfort.

++++With Ai ++++

Ai was excited, finally, FINALLY she get the chance to act, the ban on Ranma has lifted! "So you heard from Igarashi Auntie, Mom." She aid addressing her two direct supervisor.

"Yes Ranma-kun have finally made contact with one of you four," Belldandy said with a small smile.

"And the Saffron problem was taken care of by Ranma-kun just like grandpa wanted," Ai said looking at her Aunt. "So can you blind that meddlesome bitch now ?"

"Ai!" Belldandy said in shock. "You are not too old for a spanking young lady!"

"Sorry but you know what Pluto did, and you let it happened!" Ai retorted. She had been so angry when her mother and aunt refused to correct Pluto interference.

"Father's orders," Belldandy reminded her sadly. Ai had cried for weeks unable to face her friends and Michiru in particular after the interference by the Demi-goddess of Time. "Ranma-kun gave us the best chance to neutralized Saffron without directly interfering, as you know if we went to Saffron..."

"Yes, Granny Hild would have sent someone, thus neutralizing the two and leaving Saffron unchecked, I heard it before, doesn't mean I like it." Ai said still clearly not pleased with the whole situation to begin with.

Ai looked at the original file pertaining to Ranma and Michiru, they were originally suppose to be together, be happy, have kids and have a happy ending. However that did not lead to crystal Tokyo one of the possible path her Auntie Skuld saw,with Ranma influence Michiru it would create a rippling effect that would trickle down to Haruka , then Hotaru, then the inners.

In other words, it was not the future Pluto wanted so she change it. That woman went back and stop them at the most critical juncture in their relationship and isolated them from one. With Ranma not showing up at Michiru dorm that one final time to promise to come back , Michiru thought she was abandon when Ranma father dragged him off to China.

Then of course any of Ranma letters to explain to why he had to suddenly leave was directed by Pluto to go to the Kaioh household which were then kept from Michiru herself. So from Michiru stand point who had waited weeks, the months then finally passing a year, she was abandoned by the only boy she loved.

For Ranma he stayed in one place long enough to try and get a letter from the Michiru but no letters ever came. He also had still held out hope that one day he'd meet her again and explain to her why he suddenly have to leave. However on the day he went to Jusenkyo springs, his father had made a pit stop by a local village for supplies, on T.V was news about Japan best musician being flown to America for a unprecedented tour as the this was a collaboration of rising stars.

Ranma had recognized Michiru right away as one of the rising stars from Japan, she had left the country how was he going to find her now? That had left him distracted, so much so that he got cursed and did not even think to use the spring of drown man to cure himself. Then when they arrive at the Tendo, with no promise to come back to Michiru and with Michiru clearly out of the country he was for all intent and purposes alone.

So he latched onto the first person that showed any warmth and had been stuck there every since.

The only thing that comforted Ai was that her Aunt Skuld, of all people , supported the change. She said that leaving everything as it was would be more beneficial to Asgard and Ranma to do so, Ai did not understood why at the time why her aunt would betray her like that, she did now.

It turns out that thanks to Saffron a global war would be waged centuries down the line during his rise to power. The only person that was powerful enough to stand up to him was woman by the name of Usagi Tsukino . In the ensuing battle she would encase the world in ice and be considered the savior of the world. At least that how it should go.

The only grace that Ai was allow to give Ranma was to blind him completely from Pluto sight and unknowingly swung the pendulum away from Crystal Tokyo formation as anything related is blank. So the Demi-goddess of Time failed to see the defeat of Saffron.

Of course there was a stipulation from Kami-sama, if the two were meant to be together, despite the magic performed on them by Pluto and Asgard. That is if somehow Ranma found his way back to Michiru then Ai was allowed to lock down Pluto Timegate or more specifically, her aunts were.

"You realize that a lot of people will be hurt by this right?" Belldandy asked her daughter. The only thing that would or could hurt Pluto was Skuld and Urd. Lock down the future, lock down the past and Pluto would be only able to experience time in a linear fashion. Which mean the only think the Senshi of time could affect was the present and that was something every mortal could do.

"Their happiness will never erase people sadness," Ai said softly. "But their sadness shouldn't have to be a requirement for other people happiness."

"Then no matter the outcome, you will accept it correct?" Belldandy asked looking at her daughter.

"I only want to give them a chance," Ai said softly. She remembered her most favorite couple. "If it works out it works out, but they deserve that chance."

"Then Skuld-chan, Urd-chan," Belldandy said looking at the computer terminal at her two sister who was also by theirs. "Do it."

TBC?
Last edited by Vahn on Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vahn
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Re: Untitled Fic Ranma/Sailor Moon Light OMG

Postby Dumbledork » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:11 pm

This is definitely an interesting idea and I hope to read more, as long as there will be a happy end.
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby talonhunter » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:15 pm

I originally loved the seahorse storyline and wondered what other possible things cold happen in the follow up future timeline, but I never concidered what could happen if Ranma and Michiru weren't allowed to say goodbye or get back together. This story has a lot more potential and possibilities to run with, and I would like to see some of them played out now. Please do continue with this as soon as possible, and if you need to bounce ideas around or even beta readers let me know...^_^
Who needs the light when the shadows are so much more...Playful

Senshi of Dione (Saturn IV)

=^*^=
Come see some of the crew here
talonhunter
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Vahn » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:42 pm

@dumbles. Hypothetically speaking, what if this did have a bad end?

@ talon. Does this look like or feel like a sequel to you?

Like I say I want try something different, saw White Album 2 and want to try something like that... like I say. Messy Love.
Vahn
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:55 pm

With the change in reality how can the ending be assured? The story has to be allowed to grow and the characters determine how things work out without preordaining the ending.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby talonhunter » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:34 pm

It has the feel of an alternate timeline/universe. And I can see how your shooting for a complicated love story as well. Is Ranma and crew college age as well? Some more of the backstory for why Ranma never made it to Michuru's dorm and her situation with Haruka would help flesh it out more. How much is Ranma willing to sacrifice to spend time with Mit jury now? Would Haruka be willing to share? How will this effect Hotoru, will she resent Ranma's presence or will he become Ranma-mama/papa? What will the other senshi hunk hunters do? Like I said, thee is a LOT of possibilities that open up here.

=^*^=
talonhunter
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Vahn » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:49 pm

So even though most of everything in Seahorse happen and Pluto hit the reset button by interfering in the most critical phase. You don't consider it a sequel right? Also yeah they are. Ranma like 18 or so I figure that's a good enough jumping off mature outlook phase. But yeah, I thought the final part exposition told us why he never went to the dorm and it was explained in Seahorse. She's not there anymore and she was out of the country when he got back. I am balancing Senshi comedic affect with frustrating emotional tugging. I guess.

Also, it will affect everyone for good or bad, so far I written up a second part also but still unsure if it directly conflict with Seahorse itself. Like I stated in Seahorse before, I just wanted to build a back story that could be referenced easily and point to at a starting point instead of having start this series with no Seahorse as a reference making people go "huh?"

Still undecided if I should do it and give it to my two editors, when that happen it's official.
Vahn
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:11 pm

This is a reboot, caused by Pluto's interference. Not a continuation or sequel.

In my eyes, unless you undo the reboot, the ending events of the original now never occurred by this timeline.

Now... my desire to continue reading and like or dislike will depend upon just how much revenge and other karma is shoveled onto Setsunas lap by Ranma and Michiru.
Last edited by PCHeintz72 on Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:16 pm

I think it would make a good story. Not as a sequel just on its own track. And maybe notes on impossible things for the other time line the world still needs could give some ideas for sequels there as well in the future. Like was pointed out in the Saffron situation.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:17 pm

One thing I am curious about, if the change was just him going to see Michiru one last time. Then Setsuna had to interfere in the fight between Ranma/Genma/Soun

It occurs to me Kasumi/Nabiki were quite disgusted with their father, and sympathetic to Ranma's plight... that would be the same here. That would alter relationships between Ranma and the sisters, and the sisters and the two adults.

I really want to see that changed interaction.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Vahn » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:43 pm

Well the way I saw it and try to convey in the story was that, Pluto pretty much saw Seahorse unfolded under her watch. Saw the changed, and then changed it back at the weakest point that would cause the most heart break on both side.

So the changes are ....

1. Ranma waited for Ryoga and passed out. His father too him then but instead of letting him rest and telling him that they were going to china, they WENT to china right away. Ranma was hurried and to weak to fight back as in the anime it showed that even Ranma constitution could not hold out for four days strength.

2. Michiru only know that he never show up again, there was no last discussion of any sort. To her, he just upped and disappears one day, now she would be understanding initially. But as weeks turns into months become over a year then from the years even the most devout of couples when that much time pass with no communication then yes you think the worse.

3. Setsuna changed address of Ranma letters making it go to Michiru parents house instead of where it was suppose to go.

4. Ranma still held out hope even close to a year until on the final leg of his journey, Michiru went on a world tour with other rising stars musicians from japan. So even when he go back he had no way of contacting her and as far as HE knew, his letters were received but he gotten no reply. In the last part I made sure to put in parts where Ranma and Genma did train in a place long enough for him to get something back if Michiru had bothered to write. So he latch onto the first offer of friendship.

It's pretty much Ranma canon but with my Seahorse as a missing piece same with Sailor moon as Michiru really didn't show up until later. Again trying for a real white album 2 tone of things. So making it as complicated as the characters themselves wold let me write them.

So there was no fight between Ranma, Genma and Soun as there was no promise though he did have the desire but you can only one-sidely love someone anyway. And well you know Ranma life pretty soon if we were to count all of his adventure as a continues timeline he pretty much went through a lot of shit on a daily basis and would not have time to pay attention to much else until he got stronger to make his way out.

I won't be bashing anyone as I try not to in a romance fic since it feels artificial to do so. I will however exaggerate how they act or upgrade their attitude a bit to fit to the current time for easier reading. Like how I had Ranma curse and stuff but saying it in a every day guy talk kinda thing. Ranma itself was was like that just not that crass , I'm just injecting that in for flavor.

So finally :

@ PC- If to you this is a reboot, does that mean the original Seahorse is discarded and this story would supersede that one?

@ Spok - You finally said the words I been trying to find to make sense of what my aim was, I want this story on it's on track as you put it.
Vahn
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:27 pm

My Point of view is of this as two realities, One Setsuna/Pluto derailed to make this one but an alternative of it can still exist where the only difference is that she doesn't feel the gain is worth the risk to the time line. Single decision many changes between the realities.

Almost Cannon Setsuna who's job is to guard the door of time instead of manipulating things Vs a mild Fannon Setsuna who meddled.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:34 pm

So there was no fight between Ranma, Genma and Soun as there was no promise though he did have the desire but you can only one-sidely love someone anyway. And well you know Ranma life pretty soon if we were to count all of his adventure as a continues timeline he pretty much went through a lot of shit on a daily basis and would not have time to pay attention to much else until he got stronger to make his way out.

That... is a bit disappointing. Seeing their father do that, and violate the spirit of an agreement, in an effort to boost his own chances, against his daughters desires, *had* to have a permanent affect on their outlook, both of their father and of Ranma. I would have dearly loved to see that.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Vahn » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:50 pm

@ PC

Well in my opinion though I have no desire to write a sequel, their relationship would have definitely changed though it not as if it's a magic bullet. It just mean that down the line Ranma + Michiru would be welcome in the Tendo Household by the sisters. Fathers would accept it. I always felt that Ranma already had a lower opinion of Genma by that point anyway, what he did was just par for the course. Genma on the other hand would be the one growing up and might teach him the Umi scroll as a peace offering. At least that's how I would see it.

But that's for a true sequel.

Also I am thinking of choosing between these two as a title for the story. "Unreachable Love" or "A Love that Cannot Be" Yes it belong to a song title :D
Vahn
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby talonhunter » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:26 am

I would say its a go here Vah , it has a solid foundation for a stand alone story. There are elements that won't sit well with others, but Seahorse is still technically a one shot stand alone...even though it's told from two different points in the additional chapter. And as for the title, might I suggest "It could never happen"
^_~

=^*^=
talonhunter
Prism Power Senshi

Next

Return to Stories and C&C