Uh, hello? Is this thing on?

If you're new to the forum create a topic introducing yourself here. You can also post topics announcing your return.

Uh, hello? Is this thing on?

Postby Sky » Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:00 pm

Hi!

I'm Sky, a lurker for a year before registering and then lurked some more. I originally came here because I couldn't figure out for the life of me what the heck a 'fukufic' was after seeing it mentioned on Fanfiction.net.

I'm into Ranma and Fate/Stay Night, and have ideas for fan fiction, but no idea on how to actually use them. I do editing and proofreading for my gf's stories and that's probably where my strength is. As for what I read, I'll read just about anything as long as its well written.
Sky
Senshi Cadet

Postby Spokavriel » Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:06 pm

Hi Sky welcome to the non lurking population. Hope you've read the rules and all.

http://www.fukufics.com/viewtopic.php?t=351

And if you come into spamville I think it may be saffer to not be eating or drinking because it gets silly and insane and could pose a choking hazzard :D

Edit: Nah had to say more. There are places to just post ideas and get help with letting the story grow. That's how that one Ranma Sailor Mau thing got started a little while ago.

Hope you find how to access your muses.
Last edited by Spokavriel on Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Pale Wolf » Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:06 pm

Yo person. Allow me to be the first to greet you, which is real bloody rare when we've got thirty spammers online and checking every five minutes.

(Edit: See?)

I imagine if you're a lurker you're already semi-familiar, but I'll warn you anyway - if you hold any lingering affection for your sanity or your free time, never set foot in Spamville. We'll never see you again.

And, in general, welcome to Fukufics ;)

I'm into Ranma and Fate/Stay Night,

As are all men of wealth and taste. Or even just taste.

and have ideas for fan fiction, but no idea on how to actually use them.

Datadump in Ideas 8)
There is no problem that cannot be solved through the proper application of immense levels of firepower.

- Finally promoted to Spammaster Indeterminate Rank as of June 18, by Stratagemini

<Stratagemini> My Titanium Anus Armour will repel all challengers!

Would you believe this is one of the more tame bits of dirt I've got for him?
Pale Wolf
Fukufics Staffer

Postby Lioconvoy » Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:35 pm

Welcome, I give to you a relic of great and terrible Evil

*hands sky a cheese muffin*

Please for you're own safty do not eat it. It is great evil and eating it will only cause you terrible harm.
Lioconvoy
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Metroidvania » Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:56 pm

Welcome, Sky.

Always nice to have another Fate fan, mayhap you'll be able to make sense of one of my (hopefully) upcoming Ranma/Fate cross.

Anywho, enjoy your time here, and as Wolf said, use the ideas forum.

It can certainly help give a kickstart to an idea that could, potentially, lead to more.
Last edited by Metroidvania on Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Princess of Hyperion
Spammaster Rank A
Appointed "Universal Translator" by Cyber_Skaarj on July 22, 2006
Metroidvania
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Comartemis » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:00 pm

Nice to have you with us, Sky.

Just one warning; if you ever wander into spamville, be ready to duck and cover at a moment's notice, especially if Thanatos and I are posting in the same thread; Sith Lords and Hyper-Powered Magical Girls do not mix well.

Please for you're own safty do not eat it. It is great evil and eating it will only cause you terrible harm.

...Say, I still have mine... I should try force-feeding it to Thanatos. Maybe that'd get rid of him.

I'm into Ranma and Fate/Stay Night, and have ideas for fan fiction, but no idea on how to actually use them.

Well then you've come to the right place.

I do editing and proofreading for my gf's stories and that's probably where my strength is. As for what I read, I'll read just about anything as long as its well written.

You know anything about Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha? Wolf and I are working on a Nanoha/Sailor Moon crossover (well, I'm *trying* to work and he's proofreading what I send him) and it'd be nice to have another beta reader if you feel up to it.
Currently Watching: Gaiking: Legend of Daiku Maryu
Currently Playing: Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep
Currently Reading: Sora no Otoshimono

KILL the darkfic. BURN the angst. PURGE the Bad End.
Comartemis
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby Sailor Sedai (Ellf) » Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:27 pm

Welcome... let's see if I can do the nickname thing here... Sky... what do we see when we look at the sky... Clouds? Rain? Ah, I've got it, your nickname should be Cirrus.

Enjoy spamville if you want, but also enjoy the rest of the site and be sure to adhere to the rules here.
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
Sailor Sedai (Ellf)
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Lord Aries Greymon » Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:16 am

Comartemis wrote:Just one warning; if you ever wander into spamville, be ready to duck and cover at a moment's notice, especially if Thanatos and I are posting in the same thread; Sith Lords and Hyper-Powered Magical Girls do not mix well.

"For that matter, neither do Comartemis and I mix very well, I'm apt to try and defend what honor Thanatos may have with a nuke to Com's face."

"I'm of the opinion that it's the Mandatory 'Weapon of Mass Destruction' in case you find yourself in spamville. Be advised though, the last part of Lio's statement may not be true."

"Oh, and the Muffin is apt to backfire, malfunction, or mot work at all against Himitsu."

\Aries waves, then wanders off/
Naval Warrior Lord/Lady of Io.
Schizotechnician.
Thermonuclear Firebug.
Character Dossier
Lord Aries Greymon
Prism Power Senshi

Postby camk4evr » Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:34 am

Hi, Sky, and welcome to Fukufics. I hope you have fun while you're here. (sorry can't think of anything pithy to say^_^)
camk4evr
Moon Senshi

Postby Dumbledork » Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:01 am

Yo!
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Sky » Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:10 pm

Thanks for the welcome.

Pale Wolf wrote:Yo person. Allow me to be the first to greet you, which is real bloody rare when we've got thirty spammers online and checking every five minutes.

(Edit: See?)

That's Murphy's Law at its finest.

Pale Wolf wrote:As are all men of wealth and taste. Or even just taste.

Is Fate/Stay Night the stuff of the anime connoisseur? :)

Metroidvania wrote:Always nice to have another Fate fan, mayhap you'll be able to make sense of one of my (hopefully) upcoming Ranma/Fate cross.

I'd be very interested in that.

Metroidvania wrote:Anywho, enjoy your time here, and as Wolf said, use the ideas forum.

I'll see what I can do, but I don't know if I have enough to make five paragraphs out of my one sentence ideas.

Comartemis wrote:You know anything about Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha? Wolf and I are working on a Nanoha/Sailor Moon crossover (well, I'm *trying* to work and he's proofreading what I send him) and it'd be nice to have another beta reader if you feel up to it.

I've never heard of Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha until now. :) But then there's always proofreading for grammar as opposed to content.

By the way, the signature quote is awesome.
Sky
Senshi Cadet

Postby Comartemis » Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:23 am

I've never heard of Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha until now.

Well then let's correct that, shall we?

In a nutshell, Nanoha is like Sailor Moon meets Bleach: magical girls with souped-up magical weapons. It's easily one of the best shows to hit a television screen in the past year or two even though it's really short; season one is only 13 episodes. Boxtorrents.com has torrents for the first and second season and the OSTs. I highly recommend all four downloads.

By the way, the signature quote is awesome.

Thank you, but which one, Hotaru's quote or the bit about music?
Currently Watching: Gaiking: Legend of Daiku Maryu
Currently Playing: Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep
Currently Reading: Sora no Otoshimono

KILL the darkfic. BURN the angst. PURGE the Bad End.
Comartemis
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby Sky » Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:25 am

Comartemis wrote:In a nutshell, Nanoha is like Sailor Moon meets Bleach: magical girls with souped-up magical weapons. It's easily one of the best shows to hit a television screen in the past year or two even though it's really short; season one is only 13 episodes. Boxtorrents.com has torrents for the first and second season and the OSTs. I highly recommend all four downloads.

Thanks for the recommendation. I'm beginning to realise just how much stuff there is out there that I haven't heard of. Most of what I come across is shown to me by my gf or fics that I come across.

Comartemis wrote:Thank you, but which one, Hotaru's quote or the bit about music?

I had originally meant the second, but the first one is good too.
Sky
Senshi Cadet

Postby Neko- » Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:35 pm

Welcome to the insanity. I'm a bit slow in responding I guess, so I'm assuming you've received all info and input needed to guide you through the forum or fukufics... Welcome :D
Appointed Spammaster Rank D by Himitsu - June 21st 2006
Appointed Spammaster Rank C by Himitsu - September 2nd 2006
Prince of Bob (the Black Hole)
I reject your reality and substitute my own - Adam Savage
Neko-
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:33 pm

Actually only the forum rules were given. But the Spamville Do's and Don'ts wern't neither was the Spamville character Dossier. I kinda thought others would see that I didn't include them and give them out too. My mistake.
Dossier
Spamville Do's and Dont's
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Next

Return to Introductions