\\//, Greetings here's a little about me. \\//,

If you're new to the forum create a topic introducing yourself here. You can also post topics announcing your return.

Postby Neko- » Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:34 pm

I see you have been provided with the two important links regarding this forum. That just leaves me to welcome you to this forum of insanity. Don't worry... we'll steal your sanity pretty soon, and draw you even further into the fuku... bwhahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!
Appointed Spammaster Rank D by Himitsu - June 21st 2006
Appointed Spammaster Rank C by Himitsu - September 2nd 2006
Prince of Bob (the Black Hole)
I reject your reality and substitute my own - Adam Savage
Neko-
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:52 pm

Neko- wrote:I see you have been provided with the two important links regarding this forum. That just leaves me to welcome you to this forum of insanity. Don't worry... we'll steal your sanity pretty soon, and draw you even further into the fuku... bwhahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

Nice to see you have a goal Neko but as far as sanity goes I havn't had that in over a decade. Long story there not needed for intro but if you read all my replies I did mention that I spent the 1990's in mental institutions. Nevada Mental Health Institutes(NMHI) and Trukee Meadows in Reno Nevada, Rivendell in West Jordan Utah, Colorado Boys Ranch North of LaJunta Colorado, etc.

To other nuts don't worry if you were in any of them with me I mention events but not names of others so confidentiality is maintained.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Lord Aries Greymon » Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:15 pm

Welcome to our little corner of the internet. Most of us hide in the Spamville section, so what I'm saying goes for there.

Darth Thanatos wrote:Well, well, well...

So we have another Trekkie in town...

No, we now have a Kirk-era Trekkie. (may have had one before, but I don't know who) I happen to like Trek in general.

Darth Thanatos wrote:Welcome. As the rules state, if you venture into Spamville, leave sanity at the door. But don't bother to bring weapons (not many, anyway). Magic is the tool of choice for resolving differences nowadays.

That it is. Lady Rei (Rei-chan) and Lady Vania (MetroidVania) both have a running war in the "Arena: Special Edition" thread in Spamville.

I personally have a spell that causes Nuclear explosions. Only used once though. (and that was as a demonstration, in a self-repairing school)

Beware of Lady Bliss, (Bliss) or Lady Shadell (Shadell-chan), as Bliss distributes curses, and Shadell wields the curse locking knife.

For your continued health, try to avoid even referring to Sir Neko (Neko) as Henchkitty or Henchkitty-girl. You will likely have an eye clawed out. [Unless you're in Acey's place, but he's the cook there.]

All that said, as far as technology goes, we've had everything from the Battleship Texas, all the way up to a modified Eclipse-class Super StarDestroyer. (and most vessels have a dedicated bar, not certain why)

If you have a favored form of Mecha, we're very accommodating. I use VF-1 Valkyries, and various forms of BattleMech. (From BattleTech and MechWarrior)

We're allso rather accommodating of Minions, though several types are dominion of certain people.
For Example, Administrator Stacy has exclusive rights on Horny Bisexual Catgirls.
Himitsu has Brass Demons, and a special domain over Brass Demon Lawyers.
StrataGemini (sometimes called Stan, Stag, or Stinky Midget) has domain over BlackMages.

Above all else though, Have Fun, and remember to check you Sanity both ways through the Spamville door.
Naval Warrior Lord/Lady of Io.
Schizotechnician.
Thermonuclear Firebug.
Character Dossier
Lord Aries Greymon
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:26 pm

Lord Aries Greymon wrote:Welcome to our little corner of the internet. Most of us hide in the Spamville section, so what I'm saying goes for there.

We're allso rather accommodating of Minions, though several types are dominion of certain people.
For Example,
StrataGemini (sometimes called Stan, Stag, or Stinky Midget) has domain over BlackMages.

Above all else though, Have Fun, and remember to check you Sanity both ways through the Spamville door.

I better be carefull not to have too many people I kept talking to after being on the Nuklear Power boards come arround they kept insisting that even though I wasn't a mage I was ("in the ways that count") the 8 bit theater character of Black Mage.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Darth Thanatos » Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:28 pm

Don't worry too much... If you don't have (at the bare minimum) planet destroying capabilities, you are tagged "mostly harmless" around here.

LAG wrote:No, we now have a Kirk-era Trekkie. (may have had one before, but I don't know who) I happen to like Trek in general.
Well, by my usage of Star Trek technology, I should be counted as one (TOS, TNG, DS9 and VOY; spare me ENT, please!). DarkSith may be basically Star Wars tech, but the cloaking and phasing devices are from ST, SW ones are too cumbersome and energy consuming. We also use any technological device we find useful from any civilization/Universe known to us, including (but not limited to) Bab-5, BattleTech, Predator series, StarCon. Thanks to the Burroughs drive for that. :)

Also, FFRPG and spamming is only accepted in Spamville, and slightly tolerated in the introductions forum provided it doesn't goes too far. Check the forum rules to be in the safe, and if you have any doubts, PM a mod. This is important: do not start a thread about any rule, they are not open to debate, but mods accept private suggestions, that may or not be taken into account. Same with any ruling stated by a mod, PM them any objection you might have.
Ne volnuites, Aeria Gloris

Midboss rank Z, promoted by "Ice Cream Thief" Himitsu on 2007-03-21
Darth Thanatos
"I am still a powerpuff girl!"

Postby Lord Aries Greymon » Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:39 pm

Spokavriel wrote: I better be carefull not to have too many people I kept talking to after being on the Nuklear Power boards come arround they kept insisting that even though I wasn't a mage I was ("in the ways that count") the 8 bit theater character of Black Mage.

Really now? How odd. Well, anyway, if you see any Metroids (anycolor, jelly-like or crystalline) doing something strange, it's probably because I told it to.

Not much business for Flying see-though headhumpers at the moment, so I have them doing odd-jobs
Naval Warrior Lord/Lady of Io.
Schizotechnician.
Thermonuclear Firebug.
Character Dossier
Lord Aries Greymon
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:47 pm

Darth Thanatos wrote:Don't worry too much... If you don't have (at the bare minimum) planet destroying capabilities, you are tagged "mostly harmless" around here.

{Trimmed}

DarkSith may be basically Star Wars tech, but the cloaking and phasing devices are from ST, SW ones are too cumbersome and energy consuming. We also use any technological device we find useful from any civilization/Universe known to us, including (but not limited to) Bab-5, BattleTech, Predator series, StarCon. Thanks to the Burroughs drive for that. :)

Also, FFRPG and spamming is only accepted in Spamville, and slightly tolerated in the introductions forum provided it doesn't goes too far. Check the forum rules to be in the safe, and if you have any doubts, PM a mod. This is important: do not start a thread about any rule, they are not open to debate, but mods accept private suggestions, that may or not be taken into account. Same with any ruling stated by a mod, PM them any objection you might have.

I also guess that debating a rule is looked on more favorably (if at all) BEFORE one has broken it.

As far as the Technology goes I tend to play a character who is from Star Trek's Future arround the same time that the Voyager time ship came from. The reason for classic appearance is because the character grew up on starships and for engineering challenges tries to get as many modern technologies as possible into what he would consider golden age technology caseings.

In example the Tricorder normally RPed with holds 40MTQ (Million Terra Quads) of Data along with a copy of Voyagers EMH. In the lower half visable when the bottom door is open there is a compressed matter Replicator also capable of acting as a Storage device by demolecularizing objects and storing them with the pattern buffer (max storage capacity about that of 15 camping backpacks or 20 tons whichever comes first) but once the buffer is half full the energy usage is too high for it to be able to generate the shield I mentioned in an earlier post.

The main reason I have TOS for my IRL uniform and gear is because there are sewing patterns in the Technicle manual from that Era and it's easier to resize a readymade pattern instead of designing clothing from scratch.

I think I've still been on topic accepting greetings and telling more about myself but I may be going overboard on quick replies in the thread so thanks for mentioning spamming (this case flooding) to get me thinking on those lines too.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Rei-chan » Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:07 pm

I am sure you will fit in around here Spokavriel. Everyone in Spamville is perfectly harmless.
Princess of Charon
Appointed Spammer Rank C By Himitsu September 25, 2006.
I ain't got to explain it. I'm living magic, remember?
Rei-chan
Super Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:30 pm

Rei-chan wrote:Everyone in Spamville is perfectly harmless.

I guess that could be true if I were to perhaps be immortal invincible and imune to all magics.

From what I have seen in warnings though in other welcomes I'm begining to wonder if I would be saffer with my sisters cooking and she has pulled off things that Cannon Akane Tendo never achieved in kitchen disasters such as burning water. Or one recipe I helpped with but still turned out odd we dubbed buckshot cake but was really Strawberry Quick flavored Bisquick bread with dry lentils in it. The cake tasted ok but we kept having to spit the legumes back out or risk cracking a tooth on them. It was for the birthday of a cat we had at the time.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Rei-chan » Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:33 pm

If you can face things like that in RL, then I doubt anything we can do in Spamville will really harm you much. Akane's cooking is the second worse thing that can be let loose, right after the spore (aka Chibi-Usa). I see DT felt it necesary to insult people as he welcomed you, and for that I apologize since I am fairly certain it was aimed at me.
Princess of Charon
Rei-chan
Super Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:44 pm

Rei-chan wrote:I see DT felt it necesary to insult people as he welcomed you, and for that I apologize since I am fairly certain it was aimed at me.

Unless he chooses to be extra rude on top of it and point out who it was aimed at there's no point in taking the seat infront of the crosshairs.

Besides it did help a little and I'm still working on reading all the rest of the introduction threads that have been posted. I find it's a good way to use up time after giving a first introduction on a board and letting people get to know a bit more about me in my replies on my own thread before moving into the rest of a forum. Although this forum is a bit different than others causing me to have my first post in Sunshine's updates thread and testing the watters before my intro.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Rei-chan » Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:50 pm

Meh, its a habit. Alrighty, I am sure you have seen where people put up their ideas for possible new fics and where they ask for c&c as well. I recommend checking those things out from time to time, might find something you can comment on to help an author or something. Something tells me you might be pretty good at c&c for some reason.
Princess of Charon
Rei-chan
Super Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:57 pm

Rei-chan wrote:Something tells me you might be pretty good at c&c for some reason.

Never know till it is tried. I only have about 7-8 (collective time) years of nework communications experience including a smidge of diplomacy. I'll eventually read every post that hasn't been deleted or lost from times the site went down. I've done it before on many other forums and this one is a challenge but I believe I can achieve it.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby J. St.C. Patrick » Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:39 pm

Welcome to the Temple.

I'll eventually read every post that hasn't been deleted or lost from times the site went down.

Happy reading. Be quick with spamville - inactive threads are deleted after about seven weeks.

Alas, some of the better spamville threads have been lost to the mists of time. (especially Spamville: A History - or whatever it was titled)

Anyway.

As Lioconvoy will tell you (Neko, too for that matter) in Spamville, Beware of DES (DIO's Eevil Snowman) for he will Hug you and squeeze you and call you George. if he doesn't sew a Plushie Cyborg Usagi to your arm.
Director of Forum Arts and Culture
The King of... Stuff
The Ever Ubiquitous
J. St.C. Patrick
Moon Cat Advisor

Postby Spokavriel » Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:59 pm

J. St.C. Patrick wrote:Welcome to the Temple.
Anyway.

As Lioconvoy will tell you (Neko, too for that matter) in Spamville, Beware of DES (DIO's Eevil Snowman) for he will Hug you and squeeze you and call you George. if he doesn't sew a Plushie Cyborg Usagi to your arm.

Well so long as it isn't Chibi-Usagi aka the Spore and it can have it's programming hacked that might not be such a bad thing.

Then again I don't know if it's too soon to mention this but I do collect plushies. If a graphic gets included who knows if I might end up asking my mom to try to reproduce it like happened with some other toys.

My mom made a copy of the Monkey from the movie Cabbin Boy for herself with the tail in the middle of the red pointed ovoid on it's bottom. The ones sold in toy aisles wern't accurate on the face or that one detail from the movie.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

PreviousNext

Return to Introductions