らんま and SG-1

Do not request fics that a simple search engine lookup can find. Follow the rule when naming threads

らんま and SG-1

Postby Spokavriel » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:22 pm

Any good fics out there where Ranma-chan gets involved with SG-1 back when Jack was in charge of Daniel Jackson T'ilk and Samantha Carter?

Note the hard part in the search is that it is good. I know there is one where Ranma is effectively broken and drugged to the point of almost being a non-entity but I haven't seen it get anywhere that Ranma's character(Personality as opposed to existing) matters in the plot yet.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Re: らんま and SG-1

Postby frice2000 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:20 pm

in the search is that it is good

Does not seem to exist. I've looked. They either suffer from: 1. Dramatic Ranma-depowering. 2. Dramatic Goa'uld/SGC overpowering. 3. Ranma simply dispatching them in two seconds because in real world terms he is a real 'god'. 4. Ancients for no good reason because that's all you can pretty much point to and go 'possible challenge here'. That's almost always the problem with real world live action/anime crossovers they don't work, though I did read a very funny Ranma/House cross once. Good luck on your search but...yeah don't really think you're going to find much.

The 'best' I've found, and by best I've found them entertaining if not quality, have been:

Half a Legacy only the intro and even then seems...difficult to work with but it's Ozz and I give him the benefit of the doubt usually. This could work, but likely will fall apart.

Scourge of the Go'auld was entertaining. Not particularly great but entertaining.

Edit: Photocopy. Truly an EXCELLENT one...at the start. Sadly it falls apart rather rapidly with Chapter 2 and then more and more crosses being shoved in kill it totally. A shame had a excellent shot of being something special.

Edit: Gamemaster. From the same author as the previous link. Heard this was pretty good but haven't read it myself since the other one demoralized me.

The Rebirth of the Undomesticated Equine. This is likely the one you did not like. I can see why had the same problem with the mind raped and weakened Ranma just didn't interest me with that premise regardless of the quality of the writing otherwise.

I beleie there was a entertaining one on AA but I can't remember the title. It's likely in this Google search's hits though.

Edit: Added two quite good ones I forgot about.
frice2000
Asteroid Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:25 am

In a sense, the following might fit the specifications of the search:
R-MULTI 'Generation Lost' by Josh Temple - [Dld Date=07/15/2005] - [Dld Size=590kb] - [Dld Files=9] - [Status=Inactive]
If you did not care about the curse, the following would as well:
R-AA 'No Tendo' by Multiple - [Dld Date=07/11/2011] - [Dld Size=2881kb] - [Dld Files=357] - [Status=Not Complete]
If making a comprehensive list of appearances, you should include the following as well:

R-SGSG1 'Change of Body, Change of Mind' by KHnews hound - [Dld Date=04/19/2006] - [Dld Size=37kb] - [Dld Files=6] - [Status=Inactive]R-SGSG1 'Had to be said' by Multiple - [Dld Date=06/25/2011] - [Dld Size=72kb] - [Dld Files=33] - [Status=Not Complete]R-SGSG1 'Snake in the Horse's Shadow' by Lord Raa - [Dld Date=12/05/2010] - [Dld Size=209kb] - [Dld Files=11] - [Status=Not Complete]R-SGSG1 'What Lies Beneath' by inverted helix - [Dld Date=12/08/2008] - [Dld Size=149kb] - [Dld Files=5] - [Status=Inactive]
It is also mentioned or used as sub plots in mutliple Ranma multicrossovers, just a few examples.

He makes a long distance transporter that is suspiciously like a stargate network in the following:
R-GD 'The Black Paw' by Ice-Tea-1983 - [Dld Date=07/25/2008] - [Dld Size=1555kb] - [Dld Files=47] - [Status=Complete]
Jack and company with Ranma/Senshi and OMG cast get involved late in game in following (wish he had continued this):
R-MULTI 'Ice Squared' by Lerris - [Dld Date=05/16/2006] - [Dld Size=570kb] - [Dld Files=15] - [Status=Inactive]
In a complete AU, Jack and Company get involved late in game in:
R-MULTI 'Ranma Forever' by The-Zorch - [Dld Date=05/31/2009] - [Dld Size=331kb] - [Dld Files=9] - [Status=Inactive]
Ina rather large multicross, late in story Jack and Company get saved by a Ranma whom has just crossed into the SG dimension at point Ori attack Earth.
R-MULTI 'The Goddess Dilemma' by Driver Jim Ohki - [Dld Date=07/14/2007] - [Dld Size=656kb] - [Dld Files=15] - [Status=Inactive]
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Talah » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:04 am

frice2000 wrote:though I did read a very funny Ranma/House cross once.

Called...?
Talah
Senshi Candidate

Postby PCHeintz72 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:00 pm

Talah wrote:Called...?

Only one I've read was one by Lord Raa... had Kasumi as House.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby jasonjkay » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:52 am

PCHeintz72 wrote:In a sense, the following might fit the specifications of the search:
R-SGSG1 'Had to be said' by Multiple - [Dld Date=06/25/2011] - [Dld Size=72kb] - [Dld Files=33] - [Status=Not Complete]
Ina rather large multicross, late in story Jack and Company get saved by a Ranma whom has just crossed into the SG dimension at point Ori attack Earth.
R-MULTI 'The Goddess Dilemma' by Driver Jim Ohki - [Dld Date=07/14/2007] - [Dld Size=656kb] - [Dld Files=15] - [Status=Inactive]

Does anybody have these two fics? The fist is on a forum I cant join as the admin arn't accepting any more join requests. The second has been taken down and I don't know how long until it gets put back up if ever.
jasonjkay
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby frice2000 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:37 am

jasonjkay wrote:Does anybody have these two fics? The fist is on a forum I cant join

http://www.mediafire.com/?g4ijgcg1ggfrdcd there you go. Copied the forum posts into a PDF file for ya. It's not really a fic more like a collection of scenes.

As to the House fic I mentioned I looked couldn't find it. Basically just had the two meet and House have a nervous breakdown that magic exists in a humorous fashion.
frice2000
Asteroid Senshi

Postby jasonjkay » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:53 am

Zealot wrote:Don't know where to find the first one, but the second one is on MediaMiner: http://www.mediaminer.org/fanfic/view_st.php/139598
Thanks a lot, I didn't think to check there as I did a massive crawl through all the Ranma fics on mediaminer looking for anything that sounds interesting and missed it.

frice2000 wrote:http://www.mediafire.com/?g4ijgcg1ggfrdcd there you go. Copied the forum posts into a PDF file for ya. It's not really a fic more like a collection of scenes.

As to the House fic I mentioned I looked couldn't find it. Basically just had the two meet and House have a nervous breakdown that magic exists in a humorous fashion.
Thanks a lot, prefer html format but cant complain.
jasonjkay
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Talah » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:03 pm

frice2000 wrote:As to the House fic I mentioned I looked couldn't find it. Basically just had the two meet and House have a nervous breakdown that magic exists in a humorous fashion.

Thanks for trying.
Talah
Senshi Candidate

Postby Spokavriel » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:42 am

Oh boy looks like I missed a few stories that got edited in after the posts were first made. Thanks for all the links and if anyone finds more I'd like to see them too!
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby frice2000 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:45 pm

If you're talking about the two I edited in be prepared to be heartbroken. They start off so excellently too.
frice2000
Asteroid Senshi

Return to Fic Search