Brains and Brawn

Do not request fics that a simple search engine lookup can find. Follow the rule when naming threads

Brains and Brawn

Postby Shanami » Sat May 07, 2011 1:14 pm

So, while I realize that it is heavily stereotyped to claim Ranma as merely brawn, I like the title.

I'm looking for fics with some of the less used pairings. I can't actually recall a single Ranma/Washuu fic that was worth reading. Similarly, I'm kinda curious about how few Ranma/Ami fics I've seen. Other things along this line would be perfectly fine, I was just giving some examples.

Basically, I'm interested to see if they've been done a bunch and I've just never seen them. I'd imagine that both could work out nicely.
Senshi of Titania (Uranus III)
Shanami
Prism Power Senshi

Re: Brains and Brawn

Postby Spokavriel » Sat May 07, 2011 2:29 pm

The two biggest Brawn polarized characters in Ranma are Ryouga and Akane. Are you sure you want to limit this by saying Ranma has to be the Brawn in the stories you are looking for?
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Shanami » Sat May 07, 2011 3:36 pm

Ehh, any of them would be fine I suppose. I figured it would be much easier to find Ranma/crossover pairings than others. I believe Prince of the Planets is a Ryoga/Ami thing. And I'm pretty sure Mousse/Washuu was done at some point or other.
Shanami
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Sat May 07, 2011 4:10 pm

Brains and brawn? Can't you just imagine the fun Akane and Ilpalazzo could have with each other?
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Shanami » Sat May 07, 2011 4:13 pm

Anything that mixes Ranma 1/2 and Excel Saga would probably be both good and completely insane. I only recall seeing a single crossover that involved the two together ever.

It would be rather amusing to stick Akane into the Hyatt role with Ranma as Excel.
Shanami
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Makoto » Sat May 07, 2011 8:11 pm

You're probably thinking of Across Honour, right? :)

I think I've seen a cameo appearance or two from Excel Saga characters in other Ranma fanfics... but Across Honour is the only one I really remember. ^_^;
Still alive, but failing miserably at dodging Real Life.
My webpage has returned! http://www.fdnest.com/~makoto/
My Fanfiction.net profile: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1473284/
Makoto
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Shanami » Sat May 07, 2011 10:27 pm

Yeah. That's the one. <3 Grenade fu. Truly the most fearsome martial art of all time.

And yeah, I've seen the occasional cameo, but nothing else that is properly an Excel Saga/Ranma 1/2 cross with all the combined insanity of both series.
Shanami
Prism Power Senshi

Return to Fic Search