esper Ranma

Do not request fics that a simple search engine lookup can find. Follow the rule when naming threads

esper Ranma

Postby acerabus » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:20 pm

Does anyone know of any fics where Ranma has esper or esper-like powers (like in no index or darker-than-black).
The concept of this interests me; be it xmen or something else.
acerabus
Senshi Cadet

Re: esper Ranma

Postby Spokavriel » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:37 pm

Which kind of Esper is that? There are allot of different Sci-Fi and Fantasy stories that have their own types.

There was even a Star Trek book which had a woman who was Esper blind meaning she was incapable of being read by people with ESP.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby acerabus » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:33 pm

the kind like in Toaru Majutsu no Index where they have powers like Misaka's electricity manipulation or Shirai's teleportation.
acerabus
Senshi Cadet

Postby windstorm » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:59 pm

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6538262/1/A ... ed_Fighter is a fairly new Ranma and Aru Majutsu no Index cross, it is only up to chapter 3. Ranma hasn't developed esper abilities yet, but likely will in the near future.
What is the true purpose of life?

WASTING TIME!!
windstorm
Senshi Candidate

Postby Muramasa » Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:17 pm

I think searching through the x-men crossovers is your best bet sadly. I don't know of any other Toaru cross. General abilities that seem to be esper based are simply abilities tied to his Ki so your request is a bit difficult. Ironically, depending on your interpretation of Ki manipulation, It could very well be classified as ESP related.
Muramasa
Senshi Cadet

Postby genhoss2 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:19 am

there was one i read way back and i cant remeber the title or anything other than the series ranma was crossed with was that one anime where random naked girl escapes from military base wearing nothing but a wierd helmet and kills nearly everyone in her way, sadly dont remeber much of the plot to the actual fic or anything so its not really helpful but perhaps it will jog someone elses memory

oh and there was some fic on ffn that had ranma attending some special phycic school in japan dont remeber the series for that one either
genhoss2
Senshi Candidate

Postby PCHeintz72 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:37 am

I've seen neither series, so cannot comment on anything related to that...
My not knowing the main series referenced made me hesitate to reply, but figured I'd throw some possible ones out there.

Based on comments in the thread, X-Men would be best bet as was already stated. However, some other possible hits come to mind. For example:

In this, Ranma learns to do firebending, like Avater, I consider it a 'esper' type ability as described in this thread, though the story hardley focuses on :it
R-MULTI 'Grand Tour' by DrunkenGrognard - [Dld Date=07/15/2009] - [Dld Size=653kb] - [Dld Files=21] - [Status=Complete]
In this, Ranma and Nabiki learn of innate powers they have, and have a destiny to unfold for them. Ranma's is fire.
R-TB 'Darkness Ahead' by Dark Phoneix - [Dld Date=06/15/2001] - [Dld Size=140kb] - [Dld Files=7] - [Status=Inactive]
The following might apply, he becomes a mage type person, but also seems telekinetic.
RANMA 'Astrild's Restaurant' by Skysaber - [Dld Date=11/26/2004] - [Dld Size=131kb] - [Dld Files=4] - [Status=Inactive]
Following might apply, most of the Nerima cast gets some sort of special ability.
RANMA 'God Seed' by HitmanPAC - [Dld Date=01/18/2009] - [Dld Size=566kb] - [Dld Files=13] - [Status=Inactive]
Following might apply... the ability to understand the universe... A technique Ranma learned from of all things a scroll made by Nabiki Tendo...
RANMA 'The Ultimate Technique' by mikebreslau - [Dld Date=06/26/2009] - [Dld Size=118kb] - [Dld Files=8] - [Status=Complete]
A similar story to the above, sadly though unfinished. May or may not apply.
R-OMG 'When Bakas Learn' by Bluefurball - [Dld Date=10/02/2003] - [Dld Size=229kb] - [Dld Files=4] - [Status=Inactive]

I do not know if it really counts, but most Ranma/Dungeon Keeper crossovers have him gaining abilities as a Keeper that might apply.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Scratx-chan » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:51 pm

Not sure this qualifies, and bear in mind this is a sequel to The Four Birds of Fire.

Song of the Phoenix: The Callers Plight (by Jorge A. Pratt)

ftp://ftp.gweep.ca/pub/anime/anime-fan-works/Ranma/Song-of-the-Phoenix/ ( from http://www.rakhal.com/FFIndex/ranlstS4.htm )

I'm pretty pretty sure Ranma becomes a FF6 Esper (or close) late in TCP. However, it's been years since I last looked at it.

On a side note, it's pretty awesome and big.
Guy: "Is this a nerf gun? You gave me a freaking nerf gun?"
Radio: "Sorry, somebody must've shipped the wrong box to me. Now go and kick ass, marine."
Guy: "How can anyone get this wrong? It's a nerf gun! What else are they going to do? Send chainsaws to Mars?"
Radio: "Careful with that, you are on Mars."
*whirrrrr*
Guy: "Aww, HELL."
Scratx-chan
Senshi Cadet

Postby max7xile » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:54 pm

When you mentioned esp powers, my first thought was back to KOR with the Kasaga. That's one series I haven't seen in a long time and don't see many xover with Ranma. I believe both were released during the same time frame. Kind of remind me of an idea I had way back where Ranma encounter Madoka Ayukawa and becomes childhood friend. This was before she met Kyusuke when he traveled back in time and saved her and made the comment about girls having long hair.
max7xile
Senshi Candidate

Return to Fic Search