Ranma-chan and (Morisato) Keiichi

Do not request fics that a simple search engine lookup can find. Follow the rule when naming threads

Ranma-chan and (Morisato) Keiichi

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:04 pm

Someone's bound to have put these two together... right? <_<
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Re: Ranma-chan and (Morisato) Keiichi

Postby Spokavriel » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:46 pm

Just knowing eachother or with Ranma-chan being someone K1 is interested in?
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:03 pm

Spokavriel wrote: Just knowing eachother or with Ranma-chan being someone K1 is interested in?

Knowing each other is easy; it's in practically any AMG/Ranma crossover. I can't remember one where the two are romantically inclined, let alone involved.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Wyrd » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:48 pm

It's rather hard to imagine Keichi not winding up with Belldandy, especially since the Ultimate Force attacks anything that threatens to tear the two of them apart. Maybe one where Belldandy is willing to share, and she knows how much Ranma needs a loving home, or one where the attraction is one-sided, but otherwise I just can't see this working, and have never seen anyone even try it. Setting Ranma up with Urd or Skuld, sure, or with Keiichi's sister, but I've never seen anything even close to what you are looking for.
Wyrd
Senshi Cadet

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:55 pm

(Just so there's no confusion, Wyrd, I wrote this for the other two posts, when yours wasn't present. I just didn't want you to think that I ignored it.)

Yeah, the latter one. Keiichi and Belldandy's relationship seems to be a bit of a sacred cow, an unspoken "hands off," especially since Belldandy makes Keiichi's story more than just some normal guy at college who has no real potential in creating entertainment otherwise. Plus, most changes in a relationship made by fan-fiction authors is due to one or more girls not being good enough in their eyes, and one has to really go out on a limb to not make Belldandy compatible with Keiichi.

It's probably more feasible to set Keiichi up with some other goddess or demon right at the start of things. At least, I wouldn't find it believable for Keiichi and Belldandy to part without their minds being messed with via plot device, or being FUBARed by an author. So setting him up with a character from another series is probably even more difficult. Unless, of course, polygamy or mistresses somehow checks out, and Keiichi and the girls involved are all in agreement with that sort of thing. ^^;

Still, I figured that someone might have risen to the challenge. Surely there would be at least one story after all of these years. Someone should have at least thought about it... It shouldn't be impossible to do. *Crosses fingers*
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:36 pm

I think I've seen Ranma matches with practically every girl from OMG. Including Lind, Mara, Hild, and Megumi. I think I once saw a Sora one, but could be wrong on that one.

I think I've seen Keiichi matches with practically every girl from OMG except Mara, Megumi, and Sora (not that it has not been done outside a multimatch, merely I've not seen it).

I cannot recall ever seeing a Ranma/Keiichi match.

Note that in the case of the goddesses it does not really need Belldandy to not make the contract to keep Keiichi open to other relationships. There are several canon events that occur, depending upon which continuity one uses, that could be the springboard for jumping to a different girl. Additionally, all that need happen to beak a already existing Bell/Kei match is something happening to Belldandy. I've seen stories with a Peorth matchup and at least one with a Urd matchup with Keiichi that had that setup.

However... I just cannot see a Ranma/Keiichi match working without either a ton of backstory, or a ton of OOC'ness. There is no common ground between them, no fathers to push them together, and I cannot really see them liking such a match.

I *can* see them becoming fast friends due to the ability to understand each others respective chaotic lives due to both constantly being in circumstances out of their control and surviving.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:47 pm

Well that last line could be the basis for building a friendship or more if Ranma's locked in cursed form at the time.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:12 pm

Spokavriel wrote: Well that last line could be the basis for building a friendship or more if Ranma's locked in cursed form at the time.

But you are left with like I said... a lot of backdrop to allow for Kei and Ranma accepting and wanting such a relationship, or a lot of characters acting OOC from our viewpoint as a reader.

Understand... I'm not exactly against the pairing per se... I just think way to many things would be working against it. Also there is the 'why' of it, not the 'why' of the relationship matchup within the story, but the 'why' of the story itself. A story made just to serve as a shipping generally do not make for good stories. I want a plot, I want a reason, I want to see the events to shape the characters.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:51 pm

Well, I was curious if any such story existed since I have an idea of my own, which starts some time after the end of the Ranma 1/2 manga and diverges at Keiichi's wish. I've never read such a story, and figured why, so it was more for the challenge than anything. (Especially since my interests lie in shoujo ai, if I feel like doing anything with relationships at all. I've never been too keen on anything beyond friendship.) Most of the story would be character development, as Ranma has many a reason to not be interested in guys; especially without being influenced. Keiichi would be smitten before too long, however, because... Wait, I shouldn't reveal it. Mwa-ha-ha! Even though I have no idea when I'll get around to writing it...
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby Shanami » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:58 pm

I cannot think of any that meet the criteria I think you actually want. However, I can think of a single thread at the Addventure where Ranma-chan winds up in an orgy with Keiichi with the implications that it would eventually turn into a group marriage.

Addicted to Love: Ranma Thread, the primary match is Ranma/Urd, however, but Keiichi/Ranma both distinctly happens and seems implicated as an eventual consequence of the entire orgy group falling in love w/ each other.

Again, it isn't what you wanted, not really, but it is hands down the closest thing I can think of to what you were looking for.
Senshi of Titania (Uranus III)
Shanami
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:07 am

THE LEMON! IT BURNSES MY EYES! X_X

:P
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby Makoto » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:14 am

I could've sworn I read a non-lemon story that attempted to pair the two, years ago. I couldn't tell you whether or not it succeeded, though. :P
Still alive, but failing miserably at dodging Real Life.
My webpage has returned! http://www.fdnest.com/~makoto/
My Fanfiction.net profile: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1473284/
Makoto
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Shanami » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:25 am

Crescent Pulsar R wrote:THE LEMON! IT BURNSES MY EYES! X_X

:P

Whups, totally forgot about that...

my apologies.
Senshi of Titania (Uranus III)
Shanami
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:19 pm

No sweat. I'll read lemons, but the story and characterization has to be really, really good. As in: the opposite of writing a lemon just so someone can develop hairy palms.
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby Wyrd » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:30 pm

Crescent Pulsar R wrote:No sweat. I'll read lemons, but the story and characterization has to be really, really good. As in: the opposite of writing a lemon just so someone can develop hairy palms.

And not wind up on this page. Also, a warning is good because sometimes I just not in the mood to want to see that, but I have seen plenty of really good stories that happened to have lemons in them, and a few really good stories that were primarily lemons but didn't let that get in the way of having interesting characters and a plot besides 'character x horny. have the secks now.'
Wyrd
Senshi Cadet

Return to Fic Search