Saotome Home + Small Dojo

Do not request fics that a simple search engine lookup can find. Follow the rule when naming threads

Saotome Home + Small Dojo

Postby Spokavriel » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:58 pm

I know I'm already asking for help tracking down a pretty wide group of fics in another thread I started today but this thought occurred to me and I'm having trouble working out a google search to try to turn up a result for it.

There are allot of fics where the Saotome home has a small Dojo attached. Always smaller than the Tendo Dojo. Are there any fics where Nodoka built a Small Dojo so that she could make a little money teaching Women's Self Defense classes while waiting for her Husband and Son to return.

(Not part of search)
Perhaps Ranma could have inherited his aversion to weapons popular in fannon from her and that could explain why she is so poorly skilled with the Katana.

Either way some help finding any story where Nodoka made a Dojo where she teaches after Genma went on his training trip or runner up stories where Nodoka teaches at a more traditional non family Dojo would be appreciated.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Re: Saotome Home + Small Dojo

Postby Spokavriel » Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:59 pm

So no one had Nodoka make a dojo by the Saotome house?

How about Separating this. Either fics where Nodoka teaches some form of martial arts to at least Ranma. Or ones where the Saotome home has a Dojo. Please say which and where possible if it says how the situation with her either teaching or having the Dojo came about.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Wyrd » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:26 pm

I've seen a couple of fics where Nodoka taught, but haven't found them in the process of rebuilding my fic list yet from my computer crash and reformat. I don't recall any where the Saotomes had a dojo of their own.
Wyrd
Senshi Cadet

Postby Spokavriel » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:59 pm

I clearly remember one where Makoto wanted Nodoka to adopt her where they had a Dojo. Makoto ended up getting ticked enough that she managed to channel her magic and fry Ranma with a bolt of lightning in the Dojo without having to transform.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Shanami » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:04 pm

Um, that sounds a lot like Progeny, by Jeffery Vasquez (unsure if that is his name or if that is the right author) but I cannot look up a link for you right now.
Senshi of Titania (Uranus III)
Shanami
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Makoto » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:57 pm

Oops, forgot about this one. Here's the links: Progeny (Jeffrey Vasquez)
Still alive, but failing miserably at dodging Real Life.
My webpage has returned! http://www.fdnest.com/~makoto/
My Fanfiction.net profile: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1473284/
Makoto
Asteroid Senshi

Return to Fic Search