10:40ish PST International Space Station Assembly Complete.

Non-spam and Anime things that don't fit in C&C. Also where talk that you don't want to turn into spam goes. So No Spam allowed

10:40ish PST International Space Station Assembly Complete.

Postby Spokavriel » Fri May 27, 2011 12:44 am

One of the space walkers just announced that Space Station Assembly is Complete 1:42 AM Eastern May 27th 12:42 AM at Houston. But probably a moment or two premature since they have not finished the task securing the last parts. Sure they are in place but they still need to be screwed down.

Still a historic moment.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Re: 10:40ish PST International Space Station Assembly Complete.

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Fri May 27, 2011 7:14 am

If the space station is like other research outposts, it's not complete -- they've just finished working through the original plans. Somebody's going to think up something new, and they'll bolt it on. Look at the Amundsen-Scott research station at the South Pole! It just keeps getting bigger.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Re: 10:40ish PST International Space Station Assembly Complete.

Postby Spokavriel » Fri May 27, 2011 7:51 am

I think they said it because it was the final part being transferred off of a Shuttle to the station. And technically it is normally part of the shuttle equipment. A section of the robotic arm. It is also the end of the Last Space walk conducted by a Space Shuttle Crew. Even though there is 1 Space Walk scheduled for the final Shuttle launch it won't be by the shuttle crew and no NASA space suits are slated to be in the equipment on hand.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Return to Other Talk