Is Japan done for by the todays earthquake?

Non-spam and Anime things that don't fit in C&C. Also where talk that you don't want to turn into spam goes. So No Spam allowed

Re: Is Japan done for by the todays earthquake?

Postby Spokavriel » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:25 pm

And those times include Lessons with heavy prices in hopes that you learn and pass the Lesson on so others don't have to suffer the consequences required to teach the lesson.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Wyrd » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:44 pm

Spokavriel wrote: And those times include Lessons with heavy prices in hopes that you learn and pass the Lesson on so others don't have to suffer the consequences required to teach the lesson.

Oh, I agree. It is far better to learn from someone else's mistake, most of the time. Some mistakes are just too fun to not make them, though...
Wyrd
Senshi Cadet

Postby Spokavriel » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:47 pm

Putting your hand in flames to see how it dances?
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:45 pm

Spokavriel wrote: Actually considering the age of that particular facility Those "Safety measures" were probably implemented with equipment Made in USA in reaction to the Chernobyl disaster. Its a plant that is that old.

Ah, so is that why the USA has a lost a lot of its industry over the years, aside from labor being cheaper elsewhere? The product sucks?

Wyrd wrote:Did you know that there was a nuke dropped on American soil? I forget how long ago it was, but three of the four failsafes preventing it from being dropped by accident or going off failed. Only one failsafe stayed intact, with the bomb buried deep enough that they were terrified they might trigger the bomb in the process of digging it up. Some times, no matter how prepared you think you are, nature/reality/God/whatever likes to rub your face in the fact that you are never completely prepared.

I think I know what you're referring to. I remember watching something about a lost nuke a few years back, and they were trying to find out where in a river/marsh (I'm not sure what it was, exactly, but there was water that was still with grasses) it had landed, and likely buried under feet of mud/silt. I think they were worried about the length of time and environment compromising the capsule that held the radioactive material in it, rather than it exploding, since they used something to measure radioactivity in their search.
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:49 pm

Actually the product didn't suck. Its just because of Chernobyl, and 3 mile island, we haven't been allowed to build new Nuclear Power plants. And that design they have there was only designed to handle a 6 on the Richter scale. It didn't have a full meltdown over a 9 because of how good American designs are. But because no plants have been allowed in USA we created all these great systems and had no choice but to export them.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Previous

Return to Other Talk