Wheel of Time book 12

Non-spam and Anime things that don't fit in C&C. Also where talk that you don't want to turn into spam goes. So No Spam allowed

Wheel of Time book 12

Postby Darkbane848 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:59 pm

I've just finished reading book 12 of the Wheel of Time series, and I must say, this is definitely one of the best ones in the series. Only took me 11 hours to read it too.

So, have anyone else read it yet? Or maybe planning to read it?

And with luck, the release of this book might give us some Ranma/wheel of time stories, or maybe (even better) a continuation of some of the numerous R1.5/WOT stories that already exist. As far as I know only one of those stories have ever been finished, and that one still have an unfinished sequel.
Darkbane848
Senshi Cadet

Re: Wheel of Time book 12

Postby Spokavriel » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:05 pm

So even after this book and the authors death, before release of the previous one I think it was it still isn't complete?
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby KonokoHasano » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:08 pm

I've never read the Wheel of Time series, and so I don't really know what it's about or anything. I have heard about the original author's death, though, and it's nice that someone else managed to continue it.
Usagi-Hasano on Fanfiction.net
Senshi of Metis (Jupiter XVI)
Spamville character bio
KonokoHasano
Super Power Senshi

Postby Darkbane848 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:11 pm

Spokavriel wrote: So even after this book and the authors death, before release of the previous one I think it was it still isn't complete?

There's two books left. Book 13 is scheduled for late 2010 and book 14 is scheduled for late 2011.
Darkbane848
Senshi Cadet

Postby Sailor Sedai (Ellf) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:40 pm

Haven't managed to purchase the book yet. Will be buying it tomorrow. Want it so much. How many pages is it?
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
Sailor Sedai (Ellf)
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Darkbane848 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:44 pm

The glossary starts on page 767.
Darkbane848
Senshi Cadet

Postby ranmas » Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:04 pm

While it is a great story, it really has been drawn out way too much. I stopped reading it about book 7 or 8 I think. I was really getting fed up with the story as a whole, and unless something really great comes of the story I don't really plan on finishing it. The Sword of Truth has also fallen into this problem as well it seems, though not nearly as bad.
ranmas
Senshi Cadet

Postby Makoto » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:53 am

Likewise, I stopped reading after Book Six (have books seven and eight, and I've got to remember to pick up the rest), at some point right after Book Seven was released - but I can't remember why. It's not like I hated the series, or was tired of it; I was even holding some discussions with an author or two about their Ranma/WoT stories, and I also have an idea of my own, created within the last 2-3 years. I just can't remember why I'd 'stopped' reading the series. :oops:
Still alive, but failing miserably at dodging Real Life.
My webpage has returned! http://www.fdnest.com/~makoto/
My Fanfiction.net profile: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1473284/
Makoto
Asteroid Senshi

Return to Other Talk