Spamville/Fukufics Senshi's Moons.

Non-spam and Anime things that don't fit in C&C. Also where talk that you don't want to turn into spam goes. So No Spam allowed

Re: Spamville/Fukufics Senshi's Moons.

Postby AshK1980 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:59 pm

"Wow that's a lot of moons. I didn't realize there were so many in our Solar System."
AshK1980
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby talonhunter » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:41 pm

And the winner is...Dione (Saturn IV) since it goes more with the theme of the temple here.

DIONE was the Titan goddess of the oracle of Dodona in Thesprotia, and the mother of Aphrodite by Zeus. Her name is simply the feminine form of Zeus (Dios).

Dione was described as "the temple associate" of Zeus at Dodona. The three old prophetesses of the shrine, known collectively as the Peleiades, were probably her priestesses. They were named "the Doves" after the sacred bird of her daughter Aphrodite--who also posssessed a temple within the shrine. Dione's Titan sisters were similarly oracular goddesses--Phoibe possessed Delphi, Mnemosyne Lebadeia, and Themis Delphi and Dodona.

Dione was dentified with both the Titanis Phoibe, and with Dodone, the eponym of the oracle.

Dione

de O nee

Διωνη

The Mother Goddess

Dione is one of the more mysterious Greek goddesses. Some believe that she is the personification of a more ancient Mother Goddess (Goddess of the Oak from Asia Minor) and that the Greeks simply adopted her into their pantheon. Regardless, Dione was a resident of Mount Olympos (Olympus) and was honored by Zeus and the other Immortals.

When Aphrodite (goddess of Love) was wounded in the battle for the city of Troy, she escaped the battlefield and sought the loving attentions of Dione. When Aphrodite greeted Dione on Mount Olympos she called her ‘mother’ as a loving appellation. Dione wiped away the oozing ichor (divine blood) from Aphrodite’s wounded arm and comforted her with stories about the other Immortals and how they too had been injured and abused. Dione told Aphrodite that the mighty god of War, Ares, had once been bound and held prisoner by the gigantic brothers, Ephialtes and Otos (Otus). Ares was confined inside a cauldron for thirteen months before he was freed by Hermes. Dione tried to make Aphrodite realize that, even though she was immortal, she was still subject to sorrow and hurt.

Dione is composed primarily of water ice, but as the third densest of Saturn's moons (after Enceladus and Titan, whose density is increased by gravitational compression) it must have a considerable fraction (~ 46%) of denser material like silicate rock in its interior.
Though somewhat smaller and denser, Dione is otherwise very similar to Rhea. They both have similar albedo features and varied terrain, and both have dissimilar leading and trailing hemispheres. Dione's leading hemisphere is heavily cratered and is uniformly bright. Its trailing hemisphere, meanwhile, contains an unusual and distinctive surface feature: a network of bright ice cliffs.
Who needs the light when the shadows are so much more...Playful

Senshi of Dione (Saturn IV)

=^*^=
Come see some of the crew here
talonhunter
Prism Power Senshi

Postby AshK1980 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:53 pm

Welcome to the ranks Senshi Dione! Congratulations! The moon Ganymede is mainly made of rock isn't it? Io is volcanic, Callisto is Icy as is Elara. I don't know much about Europa.
AshK1980
Cosmic Power Senshi

Re:

Postby Comartemis » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:44 pm

CRBWildcat wrote:Comartemis had one in his signature before, but he swapped the line for a status readout. Neith, the Phantom Moon of Venus if I recall.

Good memory, Wildcat. I claimed Neith for myself back when Artemis and Hotaru were busy godmodding their way across Spamville.

The Phantom Moon of Venus is actually a real celestial body that Giovanni Cassini first reported seeing in 1672 and then again in 1686. Other astronomers also reported seeing it over the years, until it was finally declared to be an optical illusion caused by the light reflecting off of Venus interacting with the telescopes Cassini and the rest were using back then. I got the idea to use it after reading a short Sailor Moon fanfic where Neith was actually Castle Venus.
Currently Watching: Gaiking: Legend of Daiku Maryu
Currently Playing: Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep
Currently Reading: Sora no Otoshimono

KILL the darkfic. BURN the angst. PURGE the Bad End.
Comartemis
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby Circe » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:28 pm

Okay, now that I've hit 1000, I'd like to takte the title of Soldier of Umbriel.
My Spamville character sheet!

Sailor Soldier of Umbriel!
Circe
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:02 pm

The second moon of Uranus. Nice choice. I still can't find a copy of Pope's Rape of Lock but I'd still like to read the story that those closer two moons of Uranus were named from.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Shanami » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:22 pm

Looks as if I'm at the point where I ought to select a moon. I'm curious though, are all the claimed ones already listed in this thread?

Currently I'd take Titania (Uranus III) if it is available, though Dysnomia would come close behind it. As far as I can tell though, Titania has not been claimed and I'd give the senshi form to Yuki, as it seems fitting for a fairy to wield the power of that moon.
Senshi of Titania (Uranus III)
Shanami
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:47 pm

I try to make sure to edit the first post once a person has selected their moon. I just don't feel it's confirmed until its listed in your signature though.=

As far as I know its still up to date but I am a little out of the loop at the moment.

Edit: And her Majesty Titania's moon does appear to still be available.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Shanami » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:15 pm

Excellent. In that case, I suppose I'll take it as one of my primary 2 characters on the forum is a fairy, it will be easy to integrate.
Senshi of Titania (Uranus III)
Shanami
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:03 pm

Its on the list. :D
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby AshK1980 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:21 am

"Welcome to the Senshi ranks Sailor Titania."
AshK1980
Cosmic Power Senshi

Previous

Return to Other Talk