I'm considering another Insane Marathon.

Non-spam and Anime things that don't fit in C&C. Also where talk that you don't want to turn into spam goes. So No Spam allowed

Should I go for it?

Yes
14%
Yes
14%
No
7%
No
7%
The Mental institutions actually let you out?
29%
The Mental institutions actually let you out?
29%

Total votes : 28

I'm considering another Insane Marathon.

Postby Spokavriel » Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:18 pm

I now have all 3 seasons of the original series of Star Trek along with Star Trek the Animated series. I am considering watching all of those episodes in order as a marathon and following it up with all the Original cast member movies. Stopping with Star Trek Generations.

I am planning on taking breaks during it for meals and sleep unlike past marathons but I was first wondering what anyone thinks of my making a marathon out of watching all of this.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby CRBWildcat » Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:33 pm

Well, at least you're not foregoing eating and sleeping this time. Enjoy.
Senshi of Zeta Aquilae
Spammer Rank C --- from Himitsu, 10-25-07. "Holy @!#%!, she made Zelas cry."
SpamLady Supreme --- from Colonel Caprice, 8-16-2017
Song of the week. Updated Sundays/Mondays.
CRBWildcat
Super Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:49 pm

Let me guess you're the one vote that didn't ask about my psychiatric internment. With the breaks it will probably take twice as long as the Gen 1 Transformers marathon.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby CRBWildcat » Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:05 pm

Yeah, that was me. How much playing time does that amount to?
CRBWildcat
Super Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:25 pm

I can't even begin to estimate it right now. There are no Play All features on these DVD's so the overall run times aren't shown. And then there are the special features and promo vids for every episode. It's at least 40% if not 100% longer than the Transformers one I tortured myself in failing to stay awake all the way to complete. And it has allot more movies.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby KonokoHasano » Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:00 pm

You... didn't even eat during the last marathon runs you did? I can understand wanting to watch something in marathon format, but going without eating or sleeping is just... crazy. o_O;
Usagi-Hasano on Fanfiction.net
Senshi of Metis (Jupiter XVI)
Spamville character bio
KonokoHasano
Super Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:07 pm

I know but I tend to loose track of time and not pay attention to things like that. It is part of why I call marathons like this Crazy. Even if I plan in advance to have something it can and does slip my mind at times.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby nuriko » Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:48 pm

I think you'd be looking at something on the order of 3 days straight for the original series and the movies, even without the extras...
nuriko
Senshi Cadet

Postby Spokavriel » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:00 pm

I'm thinking closer to a solid week when you take into account that some episodes have subtitle commentary and audio commentary so they could take watching 2 or 3 times to see all the features on a given episode.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Vilkath » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:28 am

Staying awake is not to hard if the show is interesting enough, especialy if it's the first time watching it. Infact the adrenline and excitement actualy makes it hard for me to fall asleep if I do try and stop, the mind just keeps churing. All though there are limits, and eating is never an issue I always feel like munching on snacks while I watch TV.

As if you should do it or not, I would say yes but take time to enjoy it so that might mean at least sleeping every other day. No point putting yourself through all the trouble if end up being so tired end up missing most the show.

I would even suggest pushing the marathon on to all the star trek series if you have them. Personaly I been having the urge to watch DSP9 ever since I saw a Ferengi rules of accquistion quote on some ones signature.
"A hero is just the brave idiot who charged a dragon and didn't die."
Vilkath
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:00 am

Treat customers as family Exploit them. Is one of the rules that I remember. But there are also the paired rules of Peace is good for Business and War is GOOD for Business.

I have seen every Original Series episode before just never all in order or any time since they were in syndication on CBS or NBC when Next Gen was still in production.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:48 pm

Season 1 down 2,3 and Animated to go before I get into the movies.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Tuisto » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:15 pm

Firstly, where the Hell do you get this kind of free time, to waste in watching something in a marathon?
Secondly, StarTrek was animated? I never knew, admittedly I know little about 'Trek, but still...
Thirdly, for your health, don't succumb to sloth; move and drink plenty fluids every hour or so.

Other than that, do as pleases you.
If you want to watch so much of a series, just go for it; why even bother asking opinion?

Now if you'll pardon me, I've a 1.5millionword B5 fanfic to resume.
Obfirmo absentis sententia... Imperium mens...
Tuisto
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:18 pm

Well first I haven't been able to get a job in years being passed over and the kinder ones telling me they would prefer someone who knows Spanish or can drive.

And Second http://www.startrekanimated.com/ <Great site. But I use to watch the series on Nickelodeon.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby CRBWildcat » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:52 pm

It was on Nickelodeon? When was this?
CRBWildcat
Super Power Senshi

Next

Return to Other Talk