Sailor Moon Movie in the works?

Non-spam and Anime things that don't fit in C&C. Also where talk that you don't want to turn into spam goes. So No Spam allowed

Sailor Moon Movie in the works?

Postby Frog » Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:34 pm

I bring you fresh rumors from the Interbutts premiere website for weaboo animu nerds, 4chan. News so dire about something that, if true, would be the equivalent of something so incredibly dire that... oh, hell with it:
http://www.moviehotties.com/2006/04/lin ... _moon.html
http://www.cinematical.com/2006/04/18/l ... ilor-moon/
Gao!!
Last edited by Frog on Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Move, make way, truth is coming through
The era of justice will come
There are songs of hope too
I would happily sacrifice my life for this world.
Frog
Chibi Sailor Senshi

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Dark Magic » Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:40 pm

Man I hope this rumor isn't true. Can you imagine how bad a live action Sailor Moon movie would be. (Shivers)
Dark Magic
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Re: WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Light02 » Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:43 pm

Dark Magic wrote:Man I hope this rumor isn't true. Can you imagine how bad a live action Sailor Moon movie would be. (Shivers)

Then you haven't had the 'pleasure' of watching Pretty Guardian Salior Moon (Japanese Live Action TV series)
Light, The New Avatar of Chaos
Light02
Asteroid Senshi

Re: WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Dark Magic » Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:47 pm

Light02 wrote:
Dark Magic wrote:Man I hope this rumor isn't true. Can you imagine how bad a live action Sailor Moon movie would be. (Shivers)

Then you haven't had the 'pleasure' of watching Pretty Guardian Salior Moon (Japanese Live Action TV series)

No I haven't and I'm praying that I never will. I can only think of maybe a handful of anime or magna that could be made into a live action movie. And Sailor Moon isn't one of them.
Dark Magic
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Sunshine Temple » Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:49 pm

Try to avoid the nested quotes Dark Magic.
They are a voilation of the rules
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

sorry

Postby Dark Magic » Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:07 pm

Sorry :oops:
Dark Magic
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby camk4evr » Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:50 am

Man, I hope it's just a rumor.
camk4evr
Moon Senshi

Postby Atlan » Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:24 am

I also heard that their making a live action movie of Evangelion. Apperantly, the guy who made Lord of the rings -peter jackson- used the money he made to make a special effects studio, and they seem to be contracted (or being considered as the contracter) to do the special effects. Weta Workshop, if anyone wants to find it themselves.
The Banana, the Atheist's Nightmare:

God made it with a non-slip surface, a color coded system so we know when to eat it, and an easy open tab at the top of the banana. It's just the right shape for a mouth and is easy to digest!!
Atlan
Asteroid Senshi

Postby mondu_the_fat » Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:06 am

The quality of a live-action SM would probably largely depend on the degree of cheesy/seriousness of their approach.
Unfortunately, if Whedon has anything to do with it, it will most definitely on the cheesy side.
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby antimatterenergy » Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:51 am

If the sailormoon movie does come out I just hope it's good because I like the idea of the sailor senshi but haven't really been happy with the show, movies, and manga. I don't think that Lindsey Lohan would make a very good sailormoon though.
I heard that a battle angel alita movie is coming out in a few years and that it should be really good especially since it's supposed to be shown on Dolby Digital 3-D projection and I've heard rumors that it has an incredibly large budget over 200 million.
I'm not sure if the evangelion movie will be any good but I did hear rumors that ADV films have already raised over 50 million dollars for it and excpect to raise another 50-70 million. If they invest that much money in the movie it should be good. I have a feeling that if this does get released they're going to change quite a few things.
antimatterenergy
Asteroid Senshi

Postby mondu_the_fat » Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:23 pm

When Weta first released their concept of NGE, they changed a lot of things. The names of the characters were _all_ changed, so were their ages, and looks. Heck, the only thing they didn't change was the post-apocalyptic setting and the giant robots. They probably ran into a lot of resistance with that, and now their site features their original names.
I still can't believe they have the cajones to give Rei black hair.
http://www.wetaworkshop.co.nz/projects/ ... on_genesis
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby stratagemini » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:53 pm

Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon is actually pretty decent. But who would be the main villian in a live action sailor moon? Beryl?
Also, Whedon did fairly well on Firefly, so It's not fair to hol series like Buffy and Angel against him.
I See in Your Eyes, The same fear that would take the heart of me.
A Day may come, when the courage of men fails!
When we forsake our works, and break all bond of authorship- But Is Not THIS Day!
This Day, We WRITE!
stratagemini
Moon Cat Advisor

Postby Cyber_Skaarj » Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:58 am

stratagemini wrote:Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon is actually pretty decent. But who would be the main villian in a live action sailor moon? Beryl?

Are you sure you're not thinking of Bishōjo Senshi Sailor Moon? 'cos Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon is the live action one and Beryl is the main villain.
"Never send a Henchkitty to do an assassin's job..."
The Devils Creed

Appointed Spammer Rank C By Himitsu, 11th March 2007
Cyber_Skaarj
Moon Senshi

Postby Screwball » Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:31 am

If the sailormoon movie does come out I just hope it's good because I like the idea of the sailor senshi but haven't really been happy with the show, movies, and manga. I don't think that Lindsey Lohan would make a very good sailormoon though.
I heard that a battle angel alita movie is coming out in a few years and that it should be really good especially since it's supposed to be shown on Dolby Digital 3-D projection and I've heard rumors that it has an incredibly large budget over 200 million.
I'm not sure if the evangelion movie will be any good but I did hear rumors that ADV films have already raised over 50 million dollars for it and excpect to raise another 50-70 million. If they invest that much money in the movie it should be good. I have a feeling that if this does get released they're going to change quite a few things.

A large budget does not equal a good movie. It can help. if the production needs special effects, but if the script is poor, or the director is a moron, or any one of a number of things, it can still be rubbish.
I'm hoping the Alita movie is good. It's one of my favourite manga's. I'm not sure how they'd do an Eva movie, though. you couldn't fit everything into just one movie, or it'll turn into something like Akira- incredably hard to follow, because the bits they'll cut will be anything but action sequences, since watching a Giant Jesus Robot smash things is, apparently, more enjopyable that finding out why the Eva is smashing things to begin with...
After careful study of Number One's biographic work My Ceaseless Quest to Conquer Earth and Destroy its Puny Inhabitants, we have come to the conclusion that the Ghast Empire may well be up to something rum.
Screwball
Asteroid Senshi

Postby antimatterenergy » Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:35 am

I know that a large budget doesn't necessarily mean a good movie but if they're willing to invest that much money you'd think that it would be good as for who is to direct the Alita movie I heard that it was James Cameron the guy who did titanic.
antimatterenergy
Asteroid Senshi

Next

Return to Other Talk