Logging in

Got a suggestion for the site? Put it here

Logging in

Postby Dragonboy » Thu May 04, 2006 9:39 am

Is anyone else having the problem where they have to log in twice for it to work? It's probably not a real big thing, but it's annoying because it causes all of the posts to be marked as read so it's harder to tell which messages are new from the last time you were here.
Dragon-Stiel Inc.
We'd be famous if we weren't so lazy.
Dragonboy
Senshi Candidate

Postby Atlan » Mon May 08, 2006 12:50 am

Not me.
My problem was, i'd be logged in from last time (as per my settings) but when i tried to post, i'd go right back to the http://www.fukufics.com page, only with lots of letters after the .com bit.
But that got fixed a coupple of weeks ago.
The Banana, the Atheist's Nightmare:

God made it with a non-slip surface, a color coded system so we know when to eat it, and an easy open tab at the top of the banana. It's just the right shape for a mouth and is easy to digest!!
Atlan
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Munchkin » Mon May 08, 2006 5:25 am

There are a couple of problems with cookies in both Firefox and IE6 where if you have the cookie still on your machine for the previous site, you may not be able to log in properly. This is because the cookie format appears to have changed, so they are unable to store the current username and 'currently logged in' setting.
If the problem persists, delete any cookies for fukufics, and try again. I've had to do this for a few sites that have gone down or changed over the last couple of years, and it's fixed it every time.
Munchkin
Senshi Cadet

Postby J. St.C. Patrick » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:20 pm

Every time I've posted today I've found that I've been logged out as soon as my post goes up and have to re-log in.

This is not a case of being timed out i.e spending too long writing a post. The moment I'm switched to the page to check my post I am no longer logged in.

I haven't had this problem before. I haven't done anything to my computer.

Is anyone else having this problem?
Director of Forum Arts and Culture
The King of... Stuff
The Ever Ubiquitous
J. St.C. Patrick
Moon Cat Advisor

Postby Spokavriel » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:45 pm

I had this problem on another board before I found clearing my cookies then logging in once with hitting the remember box checked fixed it.

I'm still having trouble with the last visit cookie being reset whenever I log in. It makes sense but also makes it harder to catch up on threads I am participating in.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby lwf58 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:20 pm

I haven't had any of the above problems. I just go to the site and I'm logged in.

As a guess, I'd say it's more than likely cookie issues as noted by Spok and Munchkin. Since it's happening to individuals rather than groups of people, that tells me right there that it's not a server problem.
lwf58
Site Master

Postby Spokavriel » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:54 am

I thought of another possibility for that cookie problem. Cookies are set based on the server clock They display based on what you tell it to show the time as but the browser clears them based on the system clock. If the system clock is more than an hour ahead of when the cookies think it actually is maybe there's a chance it's auto expiring them.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Return to Site Suggestions