The RHG is, sadly, no more.

Discuss the Ranma series in this forum.

The RHG is, sadly, no more.

Postby Daniel Jess Gibson » Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:15 pm

The Ranma Hentai site (http://ranmahentai.ranma.ws/RanmaManga/index.html), which was the source of the scanlation of the Ranma manga, has closed. I suspect that all links to this scanlation will cease to function soon enough.

Also, I suspect that the new site Ranma Hentai Books, which has a policy of no pirated works, will not continue to host these scanlations.

I already PM'd Sunshine Temple, so any WoG should be coming out, once the mods have any word.
Chief Book and Wottlecasher of the Principality of Vhrool
Daniel Jess Gibson
Moon Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:43 pm

No kidding. In a way we can only hope that the host who was providing the previous site will come back and restore access to that. The new site doesn't even have the Dojinshi(sp) thing going that they use to do.

Edit: 7:00PM PTZ
I just got E-Mail back from Shade. It seems this limitation is set in stone for them to have been able to get the new site at all.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Cheb » Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:00 pm

I had an idea of hosting that scanlation myself, so that we'd be able to insert images into our posts and so on, but I have a few purely technical issues that would require time to resolve. Time I don't have :(

Basically, I'd have to write a cgi application which would limit bandwidth and block the site leechers.
Secondly, I have no a real domain name and my IP could change any time at my ISP whim.
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:15 pm

There are online services, I can't remember if they are still free, that would allow you to link your site to them and let even a dialup IP restore the connection as if it were dedicated. If G4 hadn't put the Tech TV web site information through a meat grinder I'd be able to look up exactly which services they are easier.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby pspinler » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:04 pm

Cheb wrote:I had an idea of hosting that scanlation myself, so that we'd be able to insert images into our posts and so on

Why? There's still plenty of other sources. For example: http://manga.bleachexile.com/ranma.html

-- Pat
pspinler
Senshi Cadet

Postby Spokavriel » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:03 pm

Only problem there is they make it deliberately hard to directly link to a specific page. And that was the convenience that the RHG archive allowed.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby pspinler » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:06 pm

Spokavriel wrote: Only problem there is they make it deliberately hard to directly link to a specific page.

Not so, just post a link to the appropriate image. To pick a random page as an example: http://static.bleachexile.com/manga/ranma/001/Rm01-012.jpg

-- Pat
pspinler
Senshi Cadet

Postby Spokavriel » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:10 pm

My mistake I guess I have a code load leak I was getting a right click blocker from another site making it so I couldn't right click on anything on any tab in that browser window.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby KonokoHasano » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:46 pm

When I first found that out when it happened, I found myself slightly teed off. I had that bookmarked for quick reference because it used thumbnails for the pages and all. XD
Usagi-Hasano on Fanfiction.net
Senshi of Metis (Jupiter XVI)
Spamville character bio
KonokoHasano
Super Power Senshi

Postby pspinler » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:21 pm

fwiw, mangafox also has the Ranma manga, and direct page links are somewhat easier.

-- Pat
pspinler
Senshi Cadet

Return to Specific Series: Ranma