Update List

Where stuff about fanfiction that doesn't fit into any other category goes. Try to make sure that new topics here actually couldn't actually go somewhere else.

Re: Update List

Postby PCHeintz72 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:06 pm

Thrythlind wrote:note, I'm also trying to get through and transfer all my older fanfic to cleaner formats. If I get this current contract, I'll take a day or so off to transfer some of those pdfs to full pages...

FYI... personally I prefer reading straight text format in a text editor... ideally with no hard returns, and blank lines between paragraphs. Does not get cleaner than that.

Generally, if I see it in something else, first thing I do is copy entire thing to clipboard, then paste into text editor. Exceptions for Anime Addventure and a couple other minimal sites.

As for updates... Hmmm...

The following Ranma crossover story has been updated to chapter 7.

R-OMG 'Young Heart' by erzamarie - [Dld Date=10/16/2010] - [Dld Size=118kb] - [Dld Files=7] - [Status=Not Complete]
The following Ranma crossover story has been updated to chapter 12.

R-MULTI 'Suikoden One Half SS's' by MadHat886 - [Dld Date=10/19/2010] - [Dld Size=218kb] - [Dld Files=12] - [Status=Not Complete]
The following Sailor Moon Self Insert story has updated in draft form on Anifics in the Everyday Works section (link will go to Personal Profile page on FF.NET, and give released content, not the draft on anifics).

SM-MULTI 'Chance of a Millenium Arc 2' by Enigmatic Magus-T Kagato - [Dld Date=10/19/2010] - [Dld Size=123kb] - [Dld Files=3] - [Status=Not Complete]
Last edited by PCHeintz72 on Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Thrythlind » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:18 pm

PCHeintz72 wrote:
FYI... personally I prefer reading straight text format in a text editor... ideally with no hard returns, and blank lines between paragraphs. Does not get cleaner than that.

Generally, if I see it in something else, first thing I do is copy entire thing to clipboard, then paste into text editor. Exceptions for Anime Addventure and a couple other minimal sites.

okay, that makes three people I respect well enough that have suggested different formats, and since I currently have an unlimited number of pages and the page is currently paying for itself (selling a lot more books than I used to), I think I can take my day-off on Sunday to transfer the pdfs to other pages and start an archive style situation.
Thrythlind
Senshi Candidate

Postby PCHeintz72 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:20 pm

I'm respected? Ok.

By the way:

I like pdfs for image and because it sometimes make things a bit harder on copying stuff (yay, it'll take them thirty more seconds to copy things...not like my stuff is yet known enough to be worth stealing)....I put the fanfiction in that format to be consistent to style, but again, I'll try to get rtf versions up, but first let me get through the massive work of copying all my old fanfics over and fixing the various formatting flaws that have built up over years of ff.net

I may be of some help, maybe not. I have some of your old stuff, from way back, copies of
- Ryoko Saotome - April -2001 to Jan 2002
- Kiyone Muyo - all from Feb 2001
- A New Life (chapt 1-6 from 2002, 7 from 2007, 8-13 from 2009)
- Spiderman Webs (1-5 from 2009)
- Marriage Wishes (all from 2002)

A few of your other works from some time back as well. All in straight TXT format though (edit: except the stuff from AA, that is in HTML still).
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Thrythlind » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:25 pm

PCHeintz72 wrote:I'm respected? Ok.

By the way:

I may be of some help, maybe not. I have some of your old stuff, from way back, copies of
- Ryoko Saotome - April -2001 to Jan 2002
- Kiyone Muyo - all from Feb 2001
- A New Life (chapt 1-6 from 2002, 7 from 2007, 8-13 from 2009)
- Spiderman Webs (1-5 from 2009)
- Marriage Wishes (all from 2002)

A few of your other works from some time back as well. All in straight TXT format though.

Those would all be useful to have...and I don't mind txt. Especially since I'm going to be using the webpage format a bit (will offer some txt versions still, had one person mention that black on white is easier for them to read and I know enough about dyslexia and colorblindness to agree that color arrangements most of us wouldn't have trouble with can be very problematic for some people)
Thrythlind
Senshi Candidate

Postby Spokavriel » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:25 pm

Um I know I'm spotlighting. But I got in trouble for discussions in this thread before. Wouldn't the talking part be better in Other Talk? I will try to remember to link to the page not fanfic.net .
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Comartemis » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:31 pm

As I Remember It
It's the end of their journey, but they've got some time to kill. Terra, Aqua and Ven are together after so long, but one question hangs over their heads - how did they get there? Well... Follow up of "Reaching the Understanding" Crack fic parody of BBS.
Kingdom Hearts - Rated: T - English - Humor/Parody - Chapters: 1 - Words: 2,118 - Reviews: 8 - Published: 10-20-10 - Ventus/Ven & Aqua
Currently Watching: Gaiking: Legend of Daiku Maryu
Currently Playing: Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep
Currently Reading: Sora no Otoshimono

KILL the darkfic. BURN the angst. PURGE the Bad End.
Comartemis
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:35 pm

Spokavriel wrote: Um I know I'm spotlighting. But I got in trouble for discussions in this thread before. Wouldn't the talking part be better in Other Talk? I will try to remember to link to the page not fanfic.net .

I sent a PM after that last post of his instead of continuing here for just that reason.

And I did repond with posts at first.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:16 am

Chapter ten of Epiphany has been posted on FF.net, even though there's more at the author's site. Just felt like saying since I didn't know that the author was still alive and kickin, as far as writing fan-fiction was concerned.
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby Thrythlind » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:39 am

Updated to Chapter 32 and 33 on my site for Chi and Chakra.
Thrythlind
Senshi Candidate

Postby APN » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:46 pm

APN
Senshi Candidate

Postby iiradned » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:25 pm

iiradned
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:26 pm

Some people are following Oni OneHalf, right? Chapter twelve.
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby frice2000 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:44 pm

Saw that this was posted a couple days ago and was surprised not to see it posted here so... Davner posted Chapter 35 of Ah My Goddess Haloes.
frice2000
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Makoto » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:12 pm

Kenko has posted his original RanMoon Project story to fanfiction.net, Crossing Moon.
Still alive, but failing miserably at dodging Real Life.
My webpage has returned! http://www.fdnest.com/~makoto/
My Fanfiction.net profile: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1473284/
Makoto
Asteroid Senshi

Postby TerraMimic » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:10 am

Bishonen Senshi Sailor Moon by Ryo-Wolf has finally updated to Chapter 10.

It's been over a year. I was starting to think it was dead, but this is certainly a pleasant surprise after all this time.
TerraMimic
Senshi Candidate

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous