The NEW Fanfiction Quote Topic

Where stuff about fanfiction that doesn't fit into any other category goes. Try to make sure that new topics here actually couldn't actually go somewhere else.

Postby Neko- » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:27 pm

Okay... That last one is soooooo going on my need-to-read list!
Appointed Spammaster Rank D by Himitsu - June 21st 2006
Appointed Spammaster Rank C by Himitsu - September 2nd 2006
Prince of Bob (the Black Hole)
I reject your reality and substitute my own - Adam Savage
Neko-
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Not-Going-to-Tell » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:09 pm

Neko- wrote:Okay... That last one is soooooo going on my need-to-read list!

Make that your watch list. It's only a single chapter and the prologue so far... It's on my favorites, though.
There are times for magic, there are time for martial arts, and there are times for giant Tiger-Dragon Robots that have both.
Beware the Otaku. He commands a mech that can unleash 123632 gigatons. Thats the equivalent of shooting Chicago, and knocking down ever building from Colorado to Maine.
Not-Going-to-Tell
Senshi Cadet

Postby Kakanma » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:41 pm

Actually its up to chapter 3 now. And now for an 'Oh shit' scene from chapter 2...

“Gutten Tag” The man with glasses in the view screen aboard Anubis’ mother ship waved casually to the System Lord, “Might I inquire as to the conclusion of the mission?”

“A failure,” Anubis growled. His hood shifted slightly with his statement as he added, “the rift proved unstable, and the warrior I sent through was destabilized. Unless reports have surfaced of the demise of one of our targets, the Magic will need further refinement.”

“That is a shame,” The man’s demeanor did not change in the slightest, keeping an eerie grin upon his face, “as the President of the United States and the Director of Unit are, sad to say, alive and well. What of the drones I sent you?”

“Two were destroyed. The third provided me with data to refine the spell for future endeavors.”

“At least it was not a total loss, mein freund.”

“Indeed. Within a month, the final bugs should be removed allowing our troops to move unhindered.”

“Excellent. Then we will truly have a War to remember. Until then, System Lord.”

“Until then, Major.”
"You mean...You'll put down your rock and I'll put down my sword and we'll try to kill each other like civilized people?"
Kakanma
Senshi Cadet

Postby Jomasten » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:34 pm

This ones just amused me to no end.

This is from the new episode, '(9) One-Half - Yukkuranma: Yup, Cuddle Party.', by Falgabird from the AA.

One thing led to another and Minako threw in a suggestion, Hotaru threw her adoptive parents the patented 'puppy-dog pout +20' look, Haruka threw her arms in the air in exasperation and relented, Michiru threw her significant other an amused look, Rei threw Yukkuranma another cookie, in which it was caught by aforementioned yukkuri perfectly into its mouth, not apparently caring at the moment, and Luna looked ready to throw up from all the rolling she did playing with the squishy not-Youma.

And this one a little later.

When the opening theme song began playing, six, nearly nine, Senshis nearly 'awww'ed' when Yukkuranma began trilling along to the melody, sometimes adding some lyrics into it, though they didn't how 'Code Geass' fitted into the movie.

Oh, and this is from another series by same author.

Its from The Darnedest Thing

If Ranma had any artistic inclinations, he would have gone into a lengthy, melancholic soliloquy involving his luck, as well as other such grievances he would have included. And if this was a play. And if he was in the Neko-ken, there would be lots of meowing.

Srsly... Sometimes these new AA authors really get no love.
...Oh, and I apparently lurk a lot in the face of taking a break from my thesis.
[SILENCE! You are distracting my concentration to distract myself.]

[Otherwise, I will distract you enough that you can concentrate on distracting yourself!]
Jomasten
Senshi Cadet

Postby bissek » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:03 pm

And so it came to be that a few hours later in the land of the rising sun, Agent Smith was trying to be inconspicuous in front of the Seishou Auxiliary Elementary School. In a black suit. With sunglasses on. It might have worked better if it hadn't been raining quite so hard this morning. It had been hard to find any agent willing to take on this mission. This was one of those areas that most agents avoided like the plague, much like certain parts of Juban in Tokyo and Sunnydale in California. Agents had a tendency to start hallucinating in those areas and report things such as demons or girls in miniskirts jumping tall buildings. Poor Agent Mulder was never the same again after that.

From Full Lyrical Panic As
Genius is 1.7% inspiration, 98.6% perspiration, and .4% poor math skills.
bissek
Moon Senshi

Postby Comartemis » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:16 pm

Here's a real gem from Titan Legends: Black and White. Robin answers his e-mail and Impulse spawns an internet legend!

And for those who don't recognize the name Impulse, think of The Flash but smaller, even more hyperactive, and rampantly ADHD.

Impulse found Robin at his computer.

“HEY!” he said as he dashed up to Robin’s side. Robin almost brained him with his staff. Or the air where Impulse had been, anyway.

“Watch it!” Impulse chided. Robin smirked.

“Still as irreverent as ever, Bart.”

“Hey, don’t use my name Tim! There could be spies!” Impulse, aka Bart Allen, said as he covered Robin’s mouth. “Now wacha doing?”

“The ever torturous task that is called checking my e-mail.” Robin said.

“What’s so bad about that?”

“Watch. Look at this. “Dear Robin! If you had your hands chopped off at the wrists and couldn’t replace them with prosthetic hands, what would you replace them with?” What kind of a question is that?”

“Can I answer it?”

“Why?”

“Why not?” Impulse asked, and then in a second Robin was out of his chair and Impulse was in it.

“Dear writer! I must think of this for a minute! Ah, I know! One hand would definitely have…a bucket on it!” Impulse said/typed.

“A BUCKET?” Robin said.

“Yeah! That way I could always have…a bucket! For…dumping oatmeal on stuff…and washing my hair…or just dropping the occasional beats…and I could also sit on it when I got tired.” Impulse said/typed. “And the other hand would definitely be…a bullhorn! That way everyone could always hear whatever important things I had to say!” Impulse said.

“Like what?” Robin asked.

“Uh…like…“I am still awesome!”…“Seriously!” That kinda stuff.” Impulse suggested.

“Uh yeah…well it’s original. I was expecting you to pick something like guitars and laser guns…” Robin said.

“Yeah I…aw man! Why didn’t I pick guitars and laser guns?” Impulse said. Robin facevaulted.

“I mean, geez, bullhorn? Like having a bucket for a hand is gonna get you any chicks…what was I thinking…” Impulse said as he erased the email and wrote new stuff down. “Next one!”

“What does it say?”

“Robin, please tell us all how Batman is in bed…”

“DELETED!” Robin yelled, leaning over and pressing the appropriate button.

“Are they STILL on that kick?”

“As long as there is a Batman and Robin, it will always be there. What’s next?”

“Here we go once again with the e-mail! Let us hope it will be from a female!” Impulse chanted, and called up the next one. “Aw man! Not from a female. Well, ok. “Dear Robin. Can you draw a dragon? I want to see your skills of an artist.” Um…ok…”

“Delete it.”

“No no let’s answer it! We can draw a dragon! That’s easy! Watch and learn! I make drawing FUN!” Impulse said as he zipped off and returned with some paper and a pencil.

“To begin, we draw an S. For a snake…or a dragon…er, whatever.” Impulse said as he did what he had said. “Next, we draw a different S…and then for the head, put a top mark on a long V. Then we draw some legs…” Impulse said as he began drawing muscular legs on the S. “Throw in a couple of arms…and then…uh wait a minute…I think I need to start over. Thing doesn’t look…natural.” Impulse said, and got another piece of paper.

“Ok, starting again, same thing: S, more different S, close it up real good at the top for his head, and then, using CONSUMATE V’s, give him teeth, spines, and angry eyebrows. And then you can add smoke or fire…and maybe some wings…if he’s a wing-a-ling dragon…” Impulse said as he continued drawing. Robin sighed good-naturedly: Impulse was really getting into it. Maybe HE should have the email address.

“And you know, let’s put one of those beefy arms back on him for good measure. That looks really good…coming out of the back of his neck there…” Impulse said as he drew the arm on the dragon. “Now all he needs is a name!”

“Don’t look at me.” Robin said.

“Ah, I know. “Trogdor the Burninator”! Oh yeah! Check out all his majesty!” Impulse said, brandishing his picture. “Where’s the scanner?”

“I don’t have one.” Robin said.

“What? Oh well, we still have TROGDOR! So very magnificent!” Impulse said, as he finally got out of the chair. Robin got back in and deleted the e-mail.

Badly-played music suddenly came from the door, and Robin looked over.

Impulse had found a keyboard and was playing it.

“What are you doing?”

“Trogdor deserves a song! Let’s play!” Impulse said, and began singing. “TROGDOOOOOOOOR! TROGDOOOOOOOOOOOR! Trogdor was a man!” Impulse sang.

“I thought he was a dragon?” Robin said.

“Meh…he was…a dragon-man! Er…maybe he was just a dragon…but he was still TROGDOOOOOOOOR!” Impulse sang. “TROGDOOOOOOOR!”

“Go away Bart.” Robin said.

“BURNINATING THE COUNTRYSIDE! BURNINATING THE PEASENTS!” Impulse sang as he zipped off, still playing the keyboard. “And then burninating all the people…and then all the COTTAGES! YEAH! ALL THE COTTAGES! AND THE TROGDAR COMES IN THE NIIIIIIGGGGGGGHHHHHHHTTTTTTTTTTT!”

Impulse finished the song, and the realized he had run into the lounge, stopped, and loudly sung the last line. Now Cyborg, Beast Boy, Raven, and Starfire were staring at him like he had three heads.

“Uhhhhhhhhhhhh.” Impulse said, and then took off.
Currently Watching: Gaiking: Legend of Daiku Maryu
Currently Playing: Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep
Currently Reading: Sora no Otoshimono

KILL the darkfic. BURN the angst. PURGE the Bad End.
Comartemis
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby Thrythlind » Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:36 am

what are the rules to this, because most of what I've read recently is some of my old stuff (so I can get in the groove for writing new chapters of said old stuff) and I feel silly printing my own quotes.
Thrythlind
Senshi Candidate

Postby Comartemis » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:42 pm

Goofy, silly, and/or awesome stuff you encounter while reading fanfiction. The only guideline is give us a link to the fic you found it in. I wouldn't recommend posting your own stuff here, as it's pretty darn near impossible for an author to look at their work objectively.
Currently Watching: Gaiking: Legend of Daiku Maryu
Currently Playing: Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep
Currently Reading: Sora no Otoshimono

KILL the darkfic. BURN the angst. PURGE the Bad End.
Comartemis
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby Thrythlind » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:58 pm

hence why I feel silly doing it ^_^;;;
Thrythlind
Senshi Candidate

Postby Spokavriel » Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:07 pm

I've never contributed to this thread because it's the NEW fanfiction quote thread. I tend not to read allot of things when they are new so I thought posting quotes from them might just end up going against the threads intentional purpose.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Thrythlind » Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:08 pm

umm, I think they mean new thread....not thread about new fics
Thrythlind
Senshi Candidate

Postby camk4evr » Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:27 pm

As Thrythlind says the 'NEW' in the thread title is there because it refers to the thread itself. The old thread disappeared the last time the site crashed.

And now, to put the thread back on topic, a quote from one of Thrythlin's fics

"You're cheating," Akne growled. "Somehow, I know you're cheating."
"This is the fourth toss, Akane-dear," Kodachi said smiling. "You've been watching any sort of magical interference. You must face facts, I've won."
"I still think you cheated," Akane said.
"You can view it in this manner, Akane," Kodachi said. "As...shy as you and Lord Ranma both are, you'd never get anywhere without me to get things started."
"I still say you cheated," Akane insisted.
"How could I cheat?" Kodachi insisted. "You provided the dice."
"How do I know you didn't switch them out for your own?" Akane asked.
"Trust me," Kodachi said with a smile. "I did not switch out your sister's dice."

and

"Sorry to keep you waiting, Lord Ranma," Kodachi purred as she slid into the room.
"Umm, where's Akane," Ranma asked nervously as Kodachi sat down next to him and gave him a hungry look.
"I'm certain she can keep herself...amused for the time being," Kodachi said. "We thought that perhaps the both of us deserved some time alone with you before we have to share you."
"And she let you go first?" Ranma asked doubtfully.
"Actually," Kodachi said she leaned forward almost eliminating the distance between them. "We rolled for the privilege, Lord Ranma. And I won."
"Do you think you could just call me Ranma?" the half-demon asked.
"I don't think it will be a concern," Kodachi said as she kissed him.

"That was a lot different than I thought it would be," Ranma said.
"Huh?" Kodachi asked intelligently.
"I mean, I've seen thousands of memories of sex," Ranma said. Kodachi sat up and stared at Ranma.
"Huh?" she repeated.
"And I've kissed a lot of people," Ranma said. "So I thought I had some clue of how intense it would be."
"Huh!?"
"Kodachi are you okay?" Ranma asked. "I didn't hurt you did I?" Kodachi shook her head, stood up, and walked out the door. "Did I do something wrong?"

"Finished?" Akane asked as Kodachi walked into the room.
"Huh?" Kodachi said, before sitting down. Akane leaned forward worriedly and whispered an spell to look over the unusually speechless woman.
"There's nothing wrong with you," Akane said, confused. Kodachi shook her head. "Just exhausted?"
"Huh." Kodachi shrugged.
"Good?" Akane asked.
"Huh." She nodded.
"Going to join us later?" Akane asked. Kodachi nodded, still blinking. "Okay, I guess its my turn now." Kodachi nodded. It wasn't until a minute after Akane was gone that Kodachi managed to find some words.
"That was his first time?" Kodachi asked the empty room, still shocked.

From Martial Artists and Mayhem: Third Edition (for those who don't know Ranma's a half succubus)
camk4evr
Moon Senshi

Postby Thrythlind » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:40 am

Team 8 by S'Tarkan

Soon, Kurenai and Shino were working on the roof repairs, the Aburame boy having reluctantly mentioned helping his father perform a similar task last winter. Hinata and Naruto were put to work weeding the client’s large garden plot, a task better suited to their smaller statures.

They’d been working for a few minutes when Kurenai was startled to realize that it was Naruto carrying the next load of wood up the ladder. She looked over at Shino, who just shrugged.

“Naruto,” she said puzzled, “I thought you were going to help Hinata with the garden?”

Naruto grunted and laid the boards down on the shallow pitched roof. “There wasn’t enough room,” he said.

Kurenai frowned and looked out over the back yard. Hinata was working on the garden plot, along with about twenty Narutos.
Thrythlind
Senshi Candidate

Postby nuriko » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:05 pm

From Once More with Feeling:

Asuka now more then a little intrigued walked out of the kitchen and around, glancing down at the helplessly cackling Misato before looking up at the slightly sheepish Shinji, then at the picture and feeling her breath freeze in her lungs.

Staring back at her was Gendo Ikari.

The picture had to be a real photograph, but it captured the essence of the man Asuka had never met, but seen pictures of and heard much from other NERV personnel and Shinji himself. She could instantly see the resemblance to his Son and vice versa, but utterly alien to any look she had seen on Shinji’s face was the expression of utter disdain and contempt, the desire to control and dominate burning in from behind the tinted glasses.

One of his hands in the picture held a mate black gun.

The other, an utterly adorable white kitten, which the gun was pointed at.

PILOT THE EVANGELION! The main caption said in harsh, angular kanji.

Or the kitten gets it a smaller and much gentler subtext kanji added.

Within two seconds, Asuka was also laughing, leaning against the wall as she tried to control herself, not having met the commander…and wondering how in the hell she was now going to be able to do so, without cracking up…
nuriko
Senshi Cadet

Postby bissek » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:38 pm

From A Plan Gone Awry:

Nanoha’s eyes took on a dead appearance. She levelled her weapon at Jail. “Blaster three.” She muttered, barely audible.

Fate shifted her grip on Bardiche, the weapon transforming from a scythe to a giant sword. She glared at the villan.

A Belkan symbol appeared under Hayate’s feet, and another behind her.

Signum attached her sword(Levantine)’s sheath to the bottom of the hilt, forming a bow. The flaming wings she gained from Agito flared up.

Vita’s hammer grew a drill.

Zafira, now in his natural form as a large blue wolf, tensed.

“Can’t we talk about this?”

The gears on both Nakajima’s bracers started to spin fast enough to generate wind.

Teana cocked her guns.

Erio’s spear started to emit electricity.

A summon circle appeared beneath Caro.

“I’m sure we can come to an agreement!”

Cinque summoned dozens of throwing knives pointed at Jail.

Nove lowered her Gun Knuckle to match Scarglietti’s face.

Deici lowered her BIG gun (literally dubbed Enormous Cannon) and muttered “Load sphere bullet.”

Wendi pointed her board/gun at her creator, forming several magic projectiles at the same time.

Deed, not having any ranged skills, and unwilling to get in the way of the potentially huge combined attack, simply wound up to throw one of her blades at the man.

“MOMMY!”
Genius is 1.7% inspiration, 98.6% perspiration, and .4% poor math skills.
bissek
Moon Senshi

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous