Vote: Move the chat room?

Where stuff about fanfiction that doesn't fit into any other category goes. Try to make sure that new topics here actually couldn't actually go somewhere else.

Move to luna?

Yes.
50%
Yes.
50%
No.
No votes
No.
No votes

Total votes : 24

Vote: Move the chat room?

Postby DCG » Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:37 am

Do we move?
Last edited by DCG on Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
DCG
Fukufics Staffer

Postby Light02 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:43 am

I'm all for it, it seems like Nabiki upped and died on us.
Light, The New Avatar of Chaos
Light02
Asteroid Senshi

Postby WG_Writer » Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:49 am

I vote yes as well, I may not be on much, but that is in greater part that it is hard to get in consistantly without a fight, a fight that I am not interested in.
Storm trooper effect works against good guys as well.
No matter how strong you are, there is always a teenager able to beat you without breaking a sweat.
A blind Paladin can only hear half truths
A deaf Paladin can only see half truths
Either way the Paladin is a berserker
WG_Writer
Moon Senshi

Postby MGSaintz » Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:53 am

Normally I can tough it through and wait until the problems pass, but the problems have been persistent for a while and the irc server stopped work for me. So I'm in favor in moving somewhere without having to play musical port numbers.
MGSaintz
Senshi Candidate

Postby Rockman_Zero » Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:17 am

There has been talk of the problem being resolved soon... But that was about a few weeks ago.
If it's as a temporary measure, then yeah, I wouldn't mind the shift to the new server. Still makes me wonder why our humble server was hit the way it was though.
Seriously though, this nonsense has gone on for long enough.
"One shall stand, one shall fall..."
Rockman_Zero
Senshi Cadet

Postby rakhal » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:25 am

I'm afraid I'd have to agree, and I was the idiot that invited the channel there in the first place. It deserves better service than it's getting and I don't have any control over this situation other than mailing Lorien.
So find somewhere else that's a bit more reliable. Just let me know where it is. Unless you'd rather I wasn't there.
--Rakhal
rakhal
Initiate

Postby Neko- » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:55 am

The amount of issues with connecting to nabiki.com is getting idiotic. If there is no solution in sight, I'm all for moving to a different server. Would prefer it to be one of the ones I'm already on tho :P
Rizon has pretty decent connectivity and availability. Also is pretty anime-oriented. I'll be following the choice of the rest of the fuku-members on this tho, so if a different network is chosen... so be it :P .
Appointed Spammaster Rank D by Himitsu - June 21st 2006
Appointed Spammaster Rank C by Himitsu - September 2nd 2006
Prince of Bob (the Black Hole)
I reject your reality and substitute my own - Adam Savage
Neko-
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Kadunta » Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:32 pm

I'm all for moving to another server that'll work. As for which server... well, I leave it to those wiser than me.
"Nothing desiccates a mind so much as its repugnance to conceive obscure ideas."
-- E.M.Cioran, "All Gall Is Divided", translation by Richard Howard
Kadunta
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Rockman_Zero » Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:34 pm

rakhal wrote:I'm afraid I'd have to agree, and I was the idiot that invited the channel there in the first place. It deserves better service than it's getting and I don't have any control over this situation other than mailing Lorien.
So find somewhere else that's a bit more reliable. Just let me know where it is. Unless you'd rather I wasn't there.
--Rakhal

First of all, that's not really idiocy. Secondly, everyone makes mistakes.
Don't beat yourself up too badly Rak, you did your best given the circumstances, and I think I can speak for everyone here when I say that your efforts so far are appreciated. =)
As for moving the channel, how long is it gonna take until the new one is up? A week perhaps?
"One shall stand, one shall fall..."
Rockman_Zero
Senshi Cadet

Move

Postby Solara » Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:15 pm

Lets move!
Solara

Postby stratagemini » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:06 pm

moving is good. and we already moved #CrystalTokyo, and Tarou also moved his games so there's really no reason not to move.
I See in Your Eyes, The same fear that would take the heart of me.
A Day may come, when the courage of men fails!
When we forsake our works, and break all bond of authorship- But Is Not THIS Day!
This Day, We WRITE!
stratagemini
Moon Cat Advisor

Postby toa Lhikan » Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:03 pm

I'm sorry , but whats going on ?
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all." -God... maybe.

Good and evil are a lot alike the counsel wars. Ware free will is like the 360 in that ever one has it, Good is like Wii because ever one wants to have, or be it, and evil is like the PS3 because they try to get every one to join them but rely their just trying to them selves justify it to them selves by trying to get you.
toa Lhikan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Neko- » Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:20 pm

moving is good. and we already moved #CrystalTokyo, and Tarou also moved his games so there's really no reason not to move.

This is regarding the server move. Not a channel move...
Appointed Spammaster Rank D by Himitsu - June 21st 2006
Appointed Spammaster Rank C by Himitsu - September 2nd 2006
Prince of Bob (the Black Hole)
I reject your reality and substitute my own - Adam Savage
Neko-
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Sunshine Temple » Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:32 pm

it's now
irc.lunarnet.org
#fukufics
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby Pillow » Sat Dec 02, 2006 4:35 pm

Rockman_Zero wrote:First of all, that's not really idiocy. Secondly, everyone makes mistakes.

It wasn't a mistake.
I don't rest the blame on you, Rakhal. No one expected what was going to happen to #fukufics until the port changes interrupted use of the channel and server completely. In fact, if it weren't for Nabiki.com (may she rest in peace) I wouldn't be apart of #fukufics.
So, y'know. I'm all thankful, and what-not.
And yes, that's right. Clearly you haven't heard the last of me, RZ. :o
I am Pillow!
Hear me roar.
And squish.
And hug.
What's the point of this signature?
Pillow
Initiate

Next

Return to Miscellaneous