Need for Fear reactions.

Requests for information (such as weapons, maps, history, grammar, spelling, outlining, ect) for your writing. Or where to post useful reference sites that you have found useful in writing. Anything from information research to writing guides.

Need for Fear reactions.

Postby Spokavriel » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:59 am

I know the author I'm basically creating this topic in reaction to knows more ways to go about this but it couldn't hurt to have a list since this isn't exactly something your average Thesaurus would cover.

Could I please get some help putting together a list of some verbs and phrases to describe fear reactions.

I've seen the author use more but right now in a rewrite just about everything is being shivered at. Nothing more. Same shiver statement to Kuno and Mikado as to the Saffron battle and the Neko Ken.

I've seen flinching, quailing, wincing, gaping in horror, and others used elsewhere so What verbs do you like to use to show a fear reaction?

Edit: Even a list of the ways you can think of to enhance shivers so that they aren't all able to be assumed as the same.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Re: Need for Fear reactions.

Postby Cheb » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:57 am

I was just about to complain about too many words collapsing into singular "to shiver" when translated to English -- but then I used the online dictionary and got this critter
to scringe (translated from "ёжиться").
[shrugs] I've never seen it before but maybe you'll find use for it. :roll:
Proud owner of 1.5 kilograms of Germanium transistors
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Postby Fellow Sufferer » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:35 am

Cheb wrote:I was just about to complain about too many words collapsing into singular "to shiver" when translated to English -- but then I used the online dictionary and got this critter
to scringe (translated from "ёжиться").
[shrugs] I've never seen it before but maybe you'll find use for it. :roll:

No, no, no. Translated, "ёжиться" should sound like "to enhedgehog" or something like that ^_^.
'The question is,' said Alice, 'whether you can make words mean different things.'
'The question is,' said Humpty Dumpty, 'which is to be master - that's all.'

Fellow Sufferer
Senshi Cadet

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:58 am

Shudder
stepped back
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Spokavriel » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:59 am

Ok we need a medical warning on whatever Fellow Sufferer has been consuming over the last 24 hours.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Cheb » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:28 pm

, "ёжиться" should sound like "to enhedgehog" or something like that ^_^.

:shock: :D :lol: :D :lol: OoooLOLOLOLOLOL ROTFL :cry: :lol: :cry: :lol: Noo youre going to kill me if you continue doing that :roll:
Proud owner of 1.5 kilograms of Germanium transistors
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Postby Fellow Sufferer » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:03 am

Cheb wrote::shock: :D :lol: :D :lol: OoooLOLOLOLOLOL ROTFL :cry: :lol: :cry: :lol: Noo youre going to kill me if you continue doing that :roll:

I knew you would understand %). But you must admit that a chance to make such a pun is a rare one, indeed. I couldn't not take it.
'The question is,' said Alice, 'whether you can make words mean different things.'
'The question is,' said Humpty Dumpty, 'which is to be master - that's all.'

Fellow Sufferer
Senshi Cadet

Return to Fic Research