Mrs Tendo Death

Requests for information (such as weapons, maps, history, grammar, spelling, outlining, ect) for your writing. Or where to post useful reference sites that you have found useful in writing. Anything from information research to writing guides.

Mrs Tendo Death

Postby Konsaki » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:23 am

I dont remember it actually stated, but is there a stated age the Tendo girls were when Mrs Tendo died? I've got an idea in my head but I'd like to make sure I'm not breaking cannon ages/dates.
Konsaki
Asteroid Senshi

Re: Mrs Tendo Death

Postby Dumbledork » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:16 am

I don't know if it's mentioned anywhere in the manga or in the anime, but it fanfics it's usually ten years before the start of the manga.
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Shanami » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:40 am

It's the same way for the Neko-ken. I'm pretty sure neither is explicitly stated, but most fanon I've read implies that it happened when Akane was 6 or 7. Similarly, most people take the Neko-ken as happening when Ranma was either 6 or 10, no idea why.

Ah well. The fun part is that I'm almost positive that Mrs. Tendo doesn't have a canon name, even though fanon would have you believe that it is Kimiko Tendo.
Senshi of Titania (Uranus III)
Shanami
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:26 am

It keeps being the proximate 10 years. Just like the training trip was supposedly 10 years yet Ranma appeared too young to speak when his hand print went to that contract. At least there is a flashback that shows Akane as at least 4 up to maybe 9 considering how anime characters are often drawn to appear younger than they are.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby TerraEpon » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:55 pm

In the anime, there's flashbacks to when Mrs. Tendo was alive, and Akane was about 5-6. This doesn't mean she didn't die later, granted.
I've actually seen a couple fics where she only died a couple years before.
TerraEpon
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:52 am

If you think you can determine a character's age well enough, you can probably figure out the time frame (at least) as being between the time we see Akane with the flower and when Kasumi is shown to be doing horribly in the kitchen. (The latter is only shown in the anime, though.)
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Return to Fic Research