Gold Digger questions...

Requests for information (such as weapons, maps, history, grammar, spelling, outlining, ect) for your writing. Or where to post useful reference sites that you have found useful in writing. Anything from information research to writing guides.

Gold Digger questions...

Postby Konsaki » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:18 am

First off, what are the ages of the characters when Brianna is 'born'?

Does anyone have a 'word of god' or cannon ruling on how exactly Aura Magic works?

Finally, Does Brianna have any magic ability or is she mainly a gearhead for big booms?
Konsaki
Asteroid Senshi

Re: Gold Digger questions...

Postby camk4evr » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:14 pm

I can't really answer the first two (I don't have any of the Guide?Handbook to Gold DIgger Universe books)- though I believe Brittany and Gina were in their 20s the third question I can answer.

Brianna has some magic ability but no training. As such the only thing she has done (aside from change into a hybrid form a couple of times) was to unknowinly fire mystic energy from her guns when they had run out of ammo and she was really desperate.
camk4evr
Moon Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:54 am

Grave on the other hand shows an innate affinity for magics and attacked with it almost instantly.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Siden » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:39 pm

Gold Digger: Colour issue 50 has the (only) timeline in it. Here are a few important dates:
    Gina is born in 1974, with Britanny born a year later.
    Johnathan Diggers dies and becomes the Lich King in 1978.
    Gold Digger Adventure takes place in 1987 (Gina and Brit are in junior high).
    Gina and Brittany's first adventure where they meet Ace, as well as the Time Raft events, are in 1994.
    "Hitchhiker's Guide to Lost Cities", meeting Stryp and Jetta, and defeating Gyphon, all happen in 1997.
    The events of the black and white series begin in 1998 (so Brianna was "born" this year).
    The "present" day (as in colour issue 100?) is 2004.
    The event that gives us Ancient Gina happens in 2040. Though, something big is supposed to happen on Gina's 33rd birthday IIRC.

As to the third question, yes, Brianna does have some magical ability. It begins to manifest in colour issue 41. Not much is done with it by issue 100, but Fred might expand on it in the post-100 issues before the end of part 1. Or, it might be left until Gold Digger: Second Gen.

PS:
GD-ROM 2.0 is worth every penny. Much easier to find things (or just read your favourite parts) when all you need is a DVD instead of carting around a box of issues or the bricks.
Employed by Lady Bliss.
True Neutral, "Pure Neutral", "Balancer"
Spamville Dossier
Siden
Asteroid Senshi

Return to Fic Research