the consequences of a girl ranma...

Requests for information (such as weapons, maps, history, grammar, spelling, outlining, ect) for your writing. Or where to post useful reference sites that you have found useful in writing. Anything from information research to writing guides.

Postby PepperJAQ » Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:40 pm

if i am not mistaken, the term 'excepting you into the tendo clan as a bride' would actually imply that soun would marry her. 'as a bride' means to marry into a family, and soun is the only known male of the clan. the translators only simplified it. and i'm not sure if he was joking, concidering the way that the fathers are and how silly the series is.

naturally, even if i was to make ranma a girl in mind and completely have her except herself, there would be no way that such a marriage would pass, so it's kinda a moot issue. well, aside from making soun look like more of a putz :3

random thought... i wonder how ryu kumon would taked ranma's locked state... i myself concider three outcomes:
1)concern over a rival and fellow fighter
2)teasing... a lot.
3)not caring in the slightest one way or the other.

i may not use him for the r/tt cross, but i or someone else may use him for another lock fic, so i guess it would be good to think about his reactions too (i feel like he gets used far to rarely... there is such potential in his use)
*sends much good vibes to friends*
PepperJAQ
Senshi Cadet

Postby Spokavriel » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:18 pm

I don't see Ryu having much of a reaction on his own. But wasn't he an Orphan at the end of his story arc? I could imagine Genma trying to adopt him so there is still a Male trained in his school to be heir to Saotome Anything Goes. Not right away though. More like something to happen after a few more past things pop up that Genma can no longer pass off onto the boy because Ranma is no longer a boy.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby PepperJAQ » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:19 pm

now that would be something original... granted, i haven't read all the ranma fan fics out there, but usually when someone wants to go with the 'genma gets some poor shmoe to be his son in place of ranma' it tends to be ryoga...
*sends much good vibes to friends*
PepperJAQ
Senshi Cadet

Postby Spokavriel » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:43 pm

I noticed that too. And really aside from him being easy to manipulate (Like in that payback for Ranma eating his snack episode) due to his affections for Akane and well Available it doesn't make allot of sense for Genma to make him a True Heir. Then again I can't see any reason for Ryu to be brought in at all without something like that. I mean he's not from the Nerima area he only went to Nodoka looking for the other half of the thieving arts that Genma came up with. So he does clearly want to know more of the Saotome school. Just not allot to build on character wise.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby SpaceKnight of Chaos » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:36 pm

Well, one reason that Ryoga is always the replacement could be because he's the only one of the regular cast who is at least close to Ranma's level (remember, in said episode, even when fighting fairlym after a few days training with Genma, Ryoga was a perfect match for Ranma). Kuno's a joke, not to mention unavailable/uninterested, Mousse is weaker than Ranma and has no 'openings' that Genma could use to get him to agree, and he won't take a girl as his heir, so that just leaves Ryoga. He's formidably skilled, actively interested in increasing his martial arts, he's used to training under different senseis, he's quite polite/obedient/humble when being taught and, most importantly, he's fairly easy to manipulate for various reasons.

Also, I'm pretty sure Ryu became very disillusioned with Genma as a sensei after seeing his behavior and learning that the 'senkens were based on thievery. He left in that story to found his own school anyway, due to having agreed to seal up the Yamasenken permanently.
Water, water, everywhere, and all was cursed and black!
Drowned ones cast bad spell and out come pig, girl, duck, panda!
Swirl, swirl, slithery pond, and join with magic spring!
Swirl, swirl, dirty pond, and rid the cursed sting!
Here my prayer, I beg you please!
Now turn these curses BACK!

http://www.issendai.com/rpgs/japanese-boys-names.shtml
http://www.issendai.com/rpgs/japanese-girls-names.shtml
SpaceKnight of Chaos
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:45 pm

Thats why I kinda figured the Adoption idea would really only be out of necessity to have a Male Protege on the family register to take heat for the deals and not as a tool to pay back Ranma for once. And those points just go to show how hard it would be to achieve.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Previous

Return to Fic Research