Moments that could have affected the relationships

Requests for information (such as weapons, maps, history, grammar, spelling, outlining, ect) for your writing. Or where to post useful reference sites that you have found useful in writing. Anything from information research to writing guides.

Postby EdenB » Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:20 pm

Kaori wins the race (anime)

IIRC she loses her the race and her chance at the engagement with it, a what if would be what if she won it? Would Genma & Soun accept it? Would she end up as yet another fianceé?

I can't remember too much about that one so apologies if any is wrong.
EdenB
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby bissek » Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:30 pm

Soun makes Akane take responsibility for the incidents in her relationship with Ranma that are rather obviously her fault instead of putting the blame on Ranma.
Genius is 1.7% inspiration, 98.6% perspiration, and .4% poor math skills.
bissek
Moon Senshi

Postby SpaceKnight of Chaos » Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:00 am

It's hard to say what might have happened with Kaori. Prior to the race being issued, Soun was tempted by her father's offer of monetary recompensation for Ranma, so if he was willing to follow through on that offer, I think Soun may well have let the Daikokus take him. It's been a while since I watched the episode, but I think the deal was winner marries Ranma, the loser gives up on him permanently, so if she won, the Tendos are out of the running permanently. That wouldn't keep Kodachi or, if they managed to find him, Shampoo and Ukyo away though, as the bargain wasn't made with them.

Speaking of Ukyo, any ideas for "moments" regarding her?

Oh, and bissek? I don't want to derail this topic, but do you think you could give me the list of incidents, in your opinion, where Soun blamed Ranma rather than Akane, as he should have done?
Water, water, everywhere, and all was cursed and black!
Drowned ones cast bad spell and out come pig, girl, duck, panda!
Swirl, swirl, slithery pond, and join with magic spring!
Swirl, swirl, dirty pond, and rid the cursed sting!
Here my prayer, I beg you please!
Now turn these curses BACK!

http://www.issendai.com/rpgs/japanese-boys-names.shtml
http://www.issendai.com/rpgs/japanese-girls-names.shtml
SpaceKnight of Chaos
Prism Power Senshi

Postby EdenB » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:17 am

An Ukyo moment, though again it's been ages since I've seen it.

Ranma doesn't realise that Ukyo is a girl until sometime after the fight is over. Which means no suddenly calling her cute and changing her from trying to kill (or at least beat) Ranma to trying to marry him.
EdenB
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:06 am

I can think of a few other possibilities for U-chan. What if Genma didn't get away with the cart and instead got tossed in jail for child abandonment, Theft, Breach of contract your choice. Or like in a few fics what if Ukyo ended up going with Genma and Ranma. To pull off bringing her along make it so Genma realizes (To him) it's mostly grown women who make people soft and he agrees it's better than foisting off all the girlie duties onto Ranma.

Almost any time Ranma takes a ride on Air Akane you could change the tale to give him functional amnesia and end up in the arms of someone else.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby SpaceKnight of Chaos » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:14 am

This is just something I've started wondering, and I figured this topic was as good as any to ask it. In the anime, Shampoo's best episode is "Two Too Violent Girls! Ling-Ling & Lung-Lung!", where it is demonstrated beyond a doubt that Shampoo truly does love Ranma, being willing to give Kisses of Death to her own sisters to save Ranma from them. If Ranma 1/2 hadn't been written with a ruling of "Akane Tendo is the only one!", how could this turn of events have altered Ranma's perception of Shampoo and The relationship between the two in general?
Water, water, everywhere, and all was cursed and black!
Drowned ones cast bad spell and out come pig, girl, duck, panda!
Swirl, swirl, slithery pond, and join with magic spring!
Swirl, swirl, dirty pond, and rid the cursed sting!
Here my prayer, I beg you please!
Now turn these curses BACK!

http://www.issendai.com/rpgs/japanese-boys-names.shtml
http://www.issendai.com/rpgs/japanese-girls-names.shtml
SpaceKnight of Chaos
Prism Power Senshi

Postby claymade » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:23 am

SpaceKnight of Chaos wrote:This is just something I've started wondering, and I figured this topic was as good as any to ask it. In the anime, Shampoo's best episode is "Two Too Violent Girls! Ling-Ling & Lung-Lung!", where it is demonstrated beyond a doubt that Shampoo truly does love Ranma, being willing to give Kisses of Death to her own sisters to save Ranma from them. If Ranma 1/2 hadn't been written with a ruling of "Akane Tendo is the only one!", how could this turn of events have altered Ranma's perception of Shampoo and The relationship between the two in general?

I don't understand how such a demonstration would even count as an 'altered perception.' Is Ranma supposed to be unaware that Shampoo is in love with him?

(Or more accurately, infatuated with his martial arts skills. Ranma the person seems quite disposable in her view of things--she's entirely willing to reduce him to a brainwashed love-slave so long as his body, at least, is hers.)

The problem isn't that Ranma is unaware of Shampoo's feelings toward him. He knew about them all the way back when she went back to her tribe rather than keep hunting him. It's that he doesn't love her back.
claymade
Asteroid Senshi

Previous

Return to Fic Research