New rank structure

Administrators will post news concerning the site here.

Postby Spokavriel » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:43 am

In that project could you see about introducing the skirts to the Temple theme? I've never really like sub silver on any of the sites I encountered it on and it would be nice if people could have them no matter the theme.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby talonhunter » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:18 am

Spokavriel wrote: In that project could you see about introducing the skirts to the Temple theme? I've never really like sub silver on any of the sites I encountered it on and it would be nice if people could have them no matter the theme.

I would agree with Spokavriel on this. Sub silver is getting pretty boring...*^-^*

BTW Larry, I think its cool you get to do something like this for all your hard work as a SPAM filter. :wink:
Who needs the light when the shadows are so much more...Playful

Senshi of Dione (Saturn IV)

=^*^=
Come see some of the crew here
talonhunter
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:33 am

Maybe another theme could be nice too. Say a Ranma's style theme bringing in the colors of Ranma's clothing. Red and Black obviously dominant but other things could be brought in to suggest things. Maybe. I guess. But earlier comments about there not being allot for Ranma is right and I figure a Ranma forum theme could help.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby lwf58 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:42 pm

I've requested once or twice that the title graphics be added to the Temple theme, but so far Stacy hasn't obliged me.

I might just be able to install some alternate theme packs, though. That may be within my meager abilities.

If I can pull it off - which I don't know yet - I was thinking of maybe having a fuku skirt with different numbers and colors of hem stripes to represent the ranks.
lwf58
Site Master

Postby Spokavriel » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:49 pm

You might remember from the start of the Make a Fuku out of this Uniform thread that Star Trek has some interesting stripe patterns for the ranks too. Only they put them on the cuff.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:32 pm

lwf58 wrote:If I can pull it off - which I don't know yet - I was thinking of maybe having a fuku skirt with different numbers and colors of hem stripes to represent the ranks.

Just in case you're concerned about being original, MSF already has something like that. I wonder if I'll skirt the skirt over here. XD
Crescent Pulsar
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby lwf58 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:26 pm

Dunno who used the idea first, MSF or us, but I have to admit they did a better job on the artwork.

My new idea is different, though, in that it does not have an increasing number of skirts, but rather one skirt that has a differing number of stripes and differing color combinations on the stripes.
lwf58
Site Master

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:42 pm

lwf58 wrote:My new idea is different, though, in that it does not have an increasing number of skirts, but rather one skirt that has a differing number of stripes and differing color combinations on the stripes.

Be careful, or the highest rank will mutate into Cosmic Rainbow Brite. Can't trust them mutants.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Spokavriel » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:43 pm

Since the skirt graphic isn't going to be getting increasing numbers of skirts anymore and you know the post level for the highest rank is going to be 100,000 Could you somehow use a slightly larger skirt image and place it next to (Before) the Post count letting the titles still show up as text?

Or would that be too much of an edit?
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:57 pm

Wait a tic... It sounds like they already exist and are in use. Where? :O
Crescent Pulsar
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:04 pm

The forum has 2 themes and on one of them you can see the skirts on the other you cannot.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:07 pm

Ah, I see. I'll have to check the other one out.
Crescent Pulsar
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby WG_Writer » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:44 pm

While I am not all that active in posting, perhaps it is beter to not over feminize and scare away newbies... lol yeah even I am not buying that...

Still change is always welcome
Storm trooper effect works against good guys as well.
No matter how strong you are, there is always a teenager able to beat you without breaking a sweat.
A blind Paladin can only hear half truths
A deaf Paladin can only see half truths
Either way the Paladin is a berserker
WG_Writer
Moon Senshi

Postby Acey » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:54 pm

Just noticing Warg, what with your mecha avvie directly beneath, "Asteroid Senshi" seems an oddly appropriate title.
Timotei. Timotei... Timotei?

"Call me Ace 'Acey' Metallium."
"Call Me Rhea"
Acey
Moon Queen Emeritus

Postby lwf58 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:45 pm

I forgot about the length and height limits of the rank bars, but here is what I've come up with so far for the ranks up to Eternal. Click to see 'em the right size.

Instead of having stripes on the skirts as I'd originally intended, we have 'em behind them. Super and Eternal have the same three stripes as Crisis, but the skirt changes to the ones Sailor Moon wore in those transformations.

Last edited by lwf58 on Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
lwf58
Site Master

PreviousNext

Return to Site Announcements