Star Trek Enterprise NCC-1701

Request, Submission, or Review of Fanart. Again "fukufic" content preferred but not necessary

Do you like Star Trek The Original Series?

Yes
26%
Yes
26%
No
No votes
No
No votes
I like other Trek Series better
24%
I like other Trek Series better
24%

Total votes : 34

Star Trek Enterprise NCC-1701

Postby Spokavriel » Tue May 19, 2009 8:07 am

I was going through some of my older images on the computer and I found a composite I did a while back of two photographic images. 1 from the Hubble the other from the Smithsonian exhibit of a certain TV series photographic model. I like the results don't you ;)
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Re: Star Trek Enterprise NCC-1701

Postby J. St.C. Patrick » Sat May 23, 2009 12:29 am

Looks good. I like it.

My only criticism would be that it might look better if there were a bit more space (no pun) between the bottom of the Enterprise and the bottom of the frame, so it doesn't look like it is resting on the edge of the picture.
Director of Forum Arts and Culture
The King of... Stuff
The Ever Ubiquitous
J. St.C. Patrick
Moon Cat Advisor

Postby Spokavriel » Sat May 23, 2009 8:20 am

I know what you mean. It's just with how the saucer is clipped in the original image I couldn't exactly resize it smaller and I didn't want to cut off more of the Saucer than the photography already had. Otherwise there probably would have been closer to half the engineering section of space. I just couldn't leave it at full size and fit on my desktop as wallpaper that way.

Really it was a trade off between the saucer still having enough of it's self there and it feeling like I was cutting too close to the one visible registry number.

1136560785-ncc1701.jpg
The Original Photo from a friend.
1136560785-ncc1701.jpg (152.72 KiB) Viewed 9456 times

Since I'm uncertain how attachments appear in this I'm also placing the original image in line.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby AshK1980 » Thu May 28, 2009 9:25 pm

Star Trek the original series is very cool. I also like the Next Generation Series as well. I never did get that much into Deep Space Nine or the other series besides that.
AshK1980
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby Scooter » Fri May 29, 2009 7:42 am

Still tres cool, Spok. While the reimaged 1701 looks cool, the original Jefferies design still rocks. (and makes kitbashing easy and fun!)
Oh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.

— Groucho Marx
Scooter
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Fri May 29, 2009 9:11 am

I'm not sure what Kit bashing is. Every image I find of the Enterprise redesigned for the new movie it feels like people are trying to bring it up to date for current time. That is a painful and dangerous thing to do in Any Sci-Fi. All Sci-Fi has to live in it's own time or it loses something to it's universe. Look at how sore thumb the more advanced looking walkers and smaller Star Destroyers from the end of Episode III and the Clone Wars cartoon seem with how they somehow are predecessors of what was used in the original trilogy.

I may not have liked anything about how they handled the Universe in the Enterprise TV series under Captain Archer but at least for what I saw they gave it it's own time and places they didn't try to make it more or less advanced with some obvious exceptions in Phasers Transporters and munitions. It wasn't an update it was just it's own Sci-Fi adventure in it's own time.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Scooter » Fri May 29, 2009 5:21 pm

Spokavriel wrote: I'm not sure what Kit bashing is.

Kitbashing is a modeling term for taking a stock kit, say the AMT Ertl or Polar Lights Enterprise 1701 kit, and converting it to a destroyer, scout or tug (as seen in the Star Fleet Technical Manual) or adding it's parts to a different model kit, to build something different.
Oh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.

— Groucho Marx
Scooter
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Fri May 29, 2009 5:32 pm

Ah. I wonder how many people took a few 1701-A models and used them to try to make Reliants out of them.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Scooter » Sat May 30, 2009 7:58 pm

Spokavriel wrote: Ah. I wonder how many people took a few 1701-A models and used them to try to make Reliants out of them.

Dunno, but the AMT/Ertl kit of the Reliant was a much better kit than the 1701/1701-A kit.

— Groucho Marx
Scooter
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Sat May 30, 2009 8:01 pm

I know there was air in the 1701 kit plastic and it made it so that even though they provided a light and sound package the glue kept eating completely through all the parts instead of fusing them together.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby talonhunter » Sat May 30, 2009 8:32 pm

I remember back when I was about 8 or nine, I got a star trek ncc 1701 kit for my birthday, but my step mom took it away, saying I would only loose the parts and I needed something more approriate at the time...I dont remember or know what that was at the time, but I never saw the kit again, nor have any of my sibs...step or otherwise
Who needs the light when the shadows are so much more...Playful

Senshi of Dione (Saturn IV)

=^*^=
Come see some of the crew here
talonhunter
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Sat May 30, 2009 8:41 pm

They might have taken that NCC-1701 model to somewhere like Kay-Bee and traded it for what they believed was the age appropriate model pocketing the money difference between the two models.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby talonhunter » Sun May 31, 2009 12:33 am

This was back in the mid 70s...K B was still only a concept from Melville Corperation...IE Tom McCann shoes, so it was possibly taken to K-Mart or one of the Hobby Stores back then.
Who needs the light when the shadows are so much more...Playful

Senshi of Dione (Saturn IV)

=^*^=
Come see some of the crew here
talonhunter
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Sun May 31, 2009 12:37 am

Same procedure I was just picking a store name at random which I know carried those models.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Return to Fan Art