Role-player seeks help in de-aging subject in picture.

Request, Submission, or Review of Fanart. Again "fukufic" content preferred but not necessary

Role-player seeks help in de-aging subject in picture.

Postby i.blackney » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:01 am

Hello everyone!

I'm a long time role-player and I've found that having a picture of my character helps a lot in getting and staying in character. Enter flash-powered sites like Hero Machine 2.5 http://www.ugo.com/channels/comics/heromachine2/heroMachine2.asp
or Portuguese HeroMatic http://fabricadeherois.blogspot.com/, which make drawing such pictures possible for small-talent Joes like me.

The picture of the character I have is perfect, except there was no child frame for me to build her on, so I had to use an adult frame. Since there's such a collection of good artist here at the Temple Forums (especially Mondu and J. St.C Patrick), I though that this would be the place to ask.

Could anyone be able to make her look between 12 and 15, instead of twenty-something? (only if there are no projects you are working on, I don't want to be a bother.)

Thanks for all your help! I am truly thankful!

Maybe someday, I may be as good as you. First skills to master: draw a straight line without a ruler and color completely within the lines. I'm getting there, slowly...
i.blackney
Initiate

Postby ValkyrieHamster » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:43 am

Mmm, are you looking for something in generally the same position and stance? Or are you looking for something more dynamic?
ValkyrieHamster
Senshi Candidate

Postby Spokavriel » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:18 pm

Clothes are important too. Do you really want a younger girl in a sleeveless unitard with no real neck line?
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby mondu_the_fat » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:49 pm

Spokavriel wrote: Clothes are important too. Do you really want a younger girl in a sleeveless unitard with no real neck line?

Err...

(Say no to that question, mondu. repeat after me: "No, that's inappopriate attire for a young girl")

I prefer girls in flame bikinis with big guns!

(Doh! Pervert. I'm outta here.)
Last edited by mondu_the_fat on Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"So Igor wasn't kidding. Most people just ensure they won't die cold and alone by making friends...I gain superpowers and have mysterious voices tell me I did a good job. My life is a goddamn mess."
-- Minato Arisato, My Life is a Goddamn Mess
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:51 pm

You were right it's not appropriate clothing for young girls but I could see that as a description of Ururu from Bleach having to use her multi launcher at the beach.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby i.blackney » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:28 pm

ValkyrieHamster - Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:43 am
Mmm, are you looking for something in generally the same position and stance? Or are you looking for something more dynamic?

I was realy just looking for a simple photoshop job. If you're going to go out of your way to redraw Hitomi, use what ever pose works for you. (Though an action pose would be good.)

Spokavriel - Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:18 pm
Clothes are important too. Do you really want a younger girl in a sleeveless unitard with no real neck line?

To be honest I hadn't though of that. I had in my head a robotic image of Ayanami Rei when I was making this. I had forgotten of the "Gainax Bounce" effect. Most early-teenaged girls aren't built like that.

So, with that in mind, I made some alterations on the flash site, one set in blue-and-green and another in blue-and-red. (part of the reason for the slowness of my reply.)

I enjoy the creative process, so I rarely make one of something. Hopefully one of these variations will be better. I do have to say, thank the lord for flash, it would have been a pain to redraw these by hand.
i.blackney
Initiate

Postby mondu_the_fat » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:39 am

ImageImage

Looks anorexic instead of young, though.
"So Igor wasn't kidding. Most people just ensure they won't die cold and alone by making friends...I gain superpowers and have mysterious voices tell me I did a good job. My life is a goddamn mess."
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby i.blackney » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:17 pm

mondu_the_fat wrote:ImageImage

Looks anorexic instead of young, though.

Looking good so far. Thank you very much for doing this!

If you think she look anorexic, you can try making her a just little thicker in the limbs and waist. The anorexic look may be an illusion of perspective, too.

Good luck with the hair! I know hair's hard to render.

Wow, my own mondu art... I'm going to be using picture a lot in my games.
i.blackney
Initiate

Postby mondu_the_fat » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:05 am

mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby iblackney » Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:05 pm

Thank you Mondu! Do yourself a favor and make a picture of girl(s) in flame bikini(s) with big firearms.
If good intentions pave the road to Hell, then I must of made an Interstate.
iblackney
Initiate

Return to Fan Art