The Forms of Sailor Mau (Drawing)

Request, Submission, or Review of Fanart. Again "fukufic" content preferred but not necessary

The Forms of Sailor Mau (Drawing)

Postby KonokoHasano » Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:56 pm

I finally finished coloring the drawing. (I would have been done sooner if it wasn't for electricity going out :evil: )

Anyway, here's Ranma as Sailor Mau in boy form, girl form (For when he gets the curse), and his male cat form. (I didn't do the female cat form because the only difference would be red fur.)
Usagi-Hasano on Fanfiction.net
Senshi of Metis (Jupiter XVI)
Spamville character bio
KonokoHasano
Super Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:12 pm

Looks good but what happened to the little gold bow that the girl tied on his tail?
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby KonokoHasano » Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:15 pm

It ended upchanging forms that would become the small silver band with gold bell on his male form, and the bow with gold bell on female form. It does sound a little weird though. I guess I should have either kept the bow, or mention the change in the next chapter (Which is what I was going to do)

The change would have to do something with the Sailor Mau form grabbing hold of it and deciding it would be a good edition in some way.

Edit: Then again, maybe the gold bow would be better in his male Senshi form. Although when I think about it, it would just seem odd for some reason.
Spamville character bio
KonokoHasano
Super Power Senshi

Postby lwf58 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:48 am

Odd or not, you said in the story that he has a gold bow because a girl tied it there and the template seems to have more or less accepted it, since it went with the outfit when he dropped the transformation. Plus, having a bell on his tail would probably drive him batty.

Er... Why are you only drawing three toes and fingers on each limb? It doesn't look right.
lwf58
Site Master

Postby Kenko » Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:55 am

Oh, that's so very much the gloves-- they are designed to look like paws. That's what I'm figuring anyway.
Kenko
Initiate

Postby KonokoHasano » Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:58 am

Yeah, they're the gloves.
Spamville character bio
KonokoHasano
Super Power Senshi

Postby lwf58 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:13 pm

My point is that they don't look like cat paws. They look more like the hands and feet of Nightcrawler from the X-Men comics.

To look right, you need at least four digits on the hands and three on the feet. Here are two good nekomimi examples:

http://www.nicomi.com/gallery/zinno/nekomimi.jpg

http://homepage3.nifty.com/nkmm-ukyo/nekomimi.jpg
lwf58
Site Master

Postby KonokoHasano » Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:44 pm

Thanks for pointing out the problems I had there lwf58. I'll have to remember that for the next time I do a drawing.
Spamville character bio
KonokoHasano
Super Power Senshi

Postby borgrabbit » Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:37 pm

I like the idea that they are catpaw gloves. Asfor the number of fingers and gloves, think about some baseball mitts. Often, more than one finger fits in a 'pocket'. Just shorten the fingers a bit, turn them up slghtly, and they'll look just fine.
Wes
Old fart.

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe. Today's cliche is next century's classic.
borgrabbit
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Return to Fan Art