Not Da Papa (An Idea Challenge)

For submitting and talking about story ideas. Idea submissions must be at least five paragraphs long, and include plot points, summaries of which characters are involved, and, for fanfiction, how it differs from canon. Both original and fanfiction ideas welcome. Though original works should have more development. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Not Da Papa (An Idea Challenge)

Postby Spokavriel » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:07 am

I'm not good at writing and right now I have 2 story ideas that I hope to do something with but really haven't gotten to complete scenes on either of them. But that's why instead of trying to write this I'm offering it as a challenge.

I'd like to see some Crossover stories where Ranma is raised by another animated Father. Be it Homer Simpson, Gendo Ikari, George Jetson, Mr Tsukino, anyone who is a father in their original series.

The challenge is to keep the replacement character father IC only with full access to all of Genma's Training information and their own resources. Ranma is also fated to visit all the Dojo and people he stayed with on the Training Trip. So although whomever the new Dad might be probably wouldn't be dumb or evil enough to teach the Neko-ken Ranma is still fated to spend a week or two with the old lady who brought him out of it. Just like he must meet Ukyo and the Gambling King. His Fated path ends in Nerima with him attending Furinken Highschool. Things that would come to town that aren't directly the result of Ranma's training trip should in theory still happen around the same time. Such as Happosai being released and the Golden Pair being in town.

The only Engagement set in stone is the one to the Tendo Family. Aside from those conditions Anything Goes. How will your choice of Replacement father cause Ranma to turn out? Just how good a martial artist will Ranma be? Will he be a Martial Artist. Access to the learning materials doesn't mean they were used after all. I look forward to the AU Ranmas
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Re: Not Da Papa (An Idea Challenge)

Postby Shanami » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:37 am

Hmm, I was going to say that Weebee started writing what you want for the Gendo Ikari thing, except he never took Ranma to the Tendo dojo, rather, he headed for Terminal Dogma.

I have to think that were you to use Gendo, he'd do the cat fist with rabid lions because he's evil like that.

I like the challenge in general. though I don't personally have time to participate at this point. If you've not read through it, a number of the ficlets in Fistful of Omake by Metroanime kind of meet the bill though. Actually, about half of them do to a great extent. The Bugs Bunny cross in particular is hilarious.

I'd like to see what people do with this though, it's been a while since I read a new story that actually got developed with the different father premise.
Senshi of Titania (Uranus III)
Shanami
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:22 am

True.

Another thing to think about on the fated path is that Ranma technically "stayed with" the Jusenkyo guide long enough for him to be there in at least 3 of Shampoo's attacks. Staying with people doesn't mean staying at their place even if that is the more contemporary meaning. Ranma is still fated to stay with the Jusenkyo guide near the end of the time frame he would have been on the Training Trip that doesn't mean he met him at the springs or gets cursed.

No matter how much I want to insist on the Girl Curse its not a condition I can set in good faith. Especially seeing how this is meant to see the way alternate Ranma's develop and turn out.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:54 pm

Gomez Addams is a cartoon father, and the Addams Family was animated circa 1992-93. I'd dearly love to see a meeting/confrontation between Morticia and Nodoka.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Return to Ideas