Oppions Needed for The Merger Chapter Six

For submitting and talking about story ideas. Idea submissions must be at least five paragraphs long, and include plot points, summaries of which characters are involved, and, for fanfiction, how it differs from canon. Both original and fanfiction ideas welcome. Though original works should have more development. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Oppions Needed for The Merger Chapter Six

Postby deathgeonous » Sat May 13, 2006 9:38 pm

Ok, I need some oppions and ideas for Chapter Six of The Merger. The way I'm planing it, is the therapy session happens, then the Dr. is invited to dinner, durring which a being minipulated by Oblivion comes and starts a fight, letting the Doc really see how crazy Nerima is. The oppion I need is, I didn't want to just have Demons as enemies, that would get borring quickly, and is not really that feisable story wise. So I thought about it. First came the idea of a dragon, then my imagionation ran wild. I thought of a Dracolich. Yes from D&D. Ok, so I want your oppion on whether or not that's a good idea. I would also like some ideas on what you would like to see covered in a group therapy session. I have a few ideas running around, but need a lot more. Ok then, here is what I've got on Chapter Six, if I go with a Dracolich as an enemy. this is very rough, just letting you see the indrodution of the Dracolich to the story.
THE MERGER
CHAPTER SIX
AND THERAPY FOR ALL
Tendö house and döjö: 1:22 PM
Those that had been out training were waiting for the arrival of Akane, her sisters and her Doctor. They had been joined by Nodoka, Gemma and Soun, the last two having to be threatened with bodily harm, no food, and more importantly and the clincher on the deal, no sake, for them to stay.
“When are they going to get here?” Ranma asked impatiently.
“Ranma dear, they are taking a car. Not roof hopping. Traffic will slow them down.” Nodoka said to her daughter.
“Hmff.” Ranma said in reply.
Out side this reality: Castle Oblivion: scrying room: at the same time
“Hmm, bored are you Ranma?” Oblivion asked out loud to no one, as there was no one to hear the question. “Maybe I should arrange a playmate for you, but who?” Oblivion asked. Pondering this dilemma, Oblivion sought out a new opponent for Ranma.
Coming across a being with some, no make that a lot of potential, Oblivion said “Oh, now that’s perfect! A Dracolich! I can’t believe that there’s still one around! And with a past history with Hild no less! HA HA HA! This is too perfect!” Oblivion said, then teleported to the Dracolich’s lair.
Argentina, South America: in a cave in the Andes mountain range:
in the Dracolich’s lair: seconds latter
Oblivion had just teleported in. It was invisible to all sight and magical senses. Yet Qwedsar knew something was in it’s domanain. As Qwedsar looked around for the source of the feeling, a note appeared on the ground in front of it. Then the feeling it was not alone was gone. The Dracolich picked up the tiny, to it, note. On it was a simple message. ‘Hild lives again. She is currently staying at the Tendo house and dojo in Nerima Japan.’
The paper incinerated in Qwedsar’s anger. ‘Hild!’ it thought. ‘She banished me from this world and trapped me in Hell till she died. The humilulation I suffered at her hands! She will pay! She will die by my own claws!’ the Dracolich roared and then took off, it’s thoughts of vengeance blinding it to the important question of who or what deliverard the message.
Out side this reality: Castle Oblivion: scrying room: at the same time
“Now that was easy.” Oblivion laughed, watching the flight of the Dracolich. It turned it attention back to Ranma, watching her through it’s viewer. “Don’t disappoint me now Ranma. I’m expecting a good show. You’re not the only bored one you know.” It said chuckling.
deathgeonous
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Atlan » Sat May 13, 2006 9:52 pm

well, my D&D knolwlege is spotty, so could you remind me- what is a dragonlitch? And what are they capeable of?
As for the therapy session, posible topics for akane to be pissed about would probably include:
Akane pissed at Soun for never truly teaching her
AKane pissed at mom for dying
Akane pissed at herself for being a Lesbian, but cant admit it (even to herself?)
Akane pissed at ranma for being better than her at everything
The Banana, the Atheist's Nightmare:

God made it with a non-slip surface, a color coded system so we know when to eat it, and an easy open tab at the top of the banana. It's just the right shape for a mouth and is easy to digest!!
Atlan
Asteroid Senshi

Postby deathgeonous » Sat May 13, 2006 10:28 pm

I should have thought of that Atlan. Ok A Dracolich is a undead dragon slash lich, hence the name. So it's an undead dragon, skelletal undead, that has emance spell casting powers, sue to it's lich nature. It's one of the tougher high level enimes, you really don't want to meet one pre epic levels. That's 20+, but you can meet them starting around 17 and maybe live. So this, if it happens, will be a bitch of a fight for everyone.
deathgeonous
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Atlan » Sun May 14, 2006 12:17 am

It does seem a little soon for such a tough beasty. I'd of used something less powerfull, but more dangerours- Incubus, i was thinking, since the training hasnt gone on that long.
Or perhaps a normal litch, complete with a small horde of animated skelitons. This litch would be the servant of the dragon litch, who would then be the next badguy.

God made it with a non-slip surface, a color coded system so we know when to eat it, and an easy open tab at the top of the banana. It's just the right shape for a mouth and is easy to digest!!
Atlan
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Sunshine Temple » Sun May 14, 2006 12:24 am

This isn't a chapter really.
I'll move it to ideas. As that's what you said you needed.
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby deathgeonous » Sun May 14, 2006 1:01 am

Oh, sorry if i put it in the wrong place. Thanks for moving it for me Sunshine. Atlan, good idea, I might take it, though I want to see the oppions of some others, but a servent or two before the master Dracolich sounds good, and a way to extend things. As to the therapy session, this is going to ge a group one, so I need Ideas for everyone there, which is everyone but the Kuno's from Ranma's normal Nerima cast and everyone I put in from Ah My Goddess. Yes I'm just asking for trouble, I know it. the one I realy need help with is Kasumi though. how to psychoanilize her? Thanks for any ideas.
deathgeonous
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Dragon Man » Tue May 16, 2006 12:46 pm

Kasumi has pushed all her dreams aside to take care of her family. I recently came up with the idea that this created a seperate personality that lives in her dreams living the life she would want to live, like practicing martial arts, going on dates, going to college. If you want to use this idea feel free to have the doctor try to awaken this version of Kasumi as the 'real' one.
As for the enemies, I agree that minions of the Dracolich are better than the Dracolich suddenly showing up. This used to be a powerful dragon, no way did he rush in without observing his enemy. He'll send in cannon fodder to learn how strong Hild and her allies are. On the other side, I have to wonder if the Breaking Point works on bones, if so all Ryoga has to do is poke the Dracolich on an exposed bone and he'll shatter that bone, maybe the whole skeleton if he gets a key part. Regardless, if the Dracolich uses stone Golems Ryoga should be the one to take them down. And what type of dragon was the Dracolich before he became a Dracolich, ie what color?
Speak quietly, pilot a big mech.
No matter how many times you rebuild, Tokyo keeps getting destroyed in a massive fireball.
When in China, listen to your tour guide.
"Stay with the Master Chief - he'll know what to do." - Sgt Johnson, Halo 2.
Dragon Man
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Atlan » Tue May 16, 2006 3:52 pm

FOr kasumi, i always wondered if she actually hated her sisters.
Sure, she never realy says anything, but a few incidents come to mind.
1: She Said Akane was a Sweet girl, but a violent maniac
2: She said about akane "I know she isnt cute"
3: After the failed wedding, in the background you can see her hanging up wasing, with the manga happy eyes, whistling.
I had a theroy that she resented her sisters for all she had to do for them, and not having any real life. That could be real Therapy material.
As a side posibility, could she have tought akane to cook badly on purpse, as an unconcious way of punishing nabiki and soun?
As for ryoga, if you arnt afraid of plagarising, in the Fic Couch Trips, it turns out ryoga is always so depressed becuase his pearants were half brother and sister. It would explain why they both have the same crappy sence of direction, and why ryoga is so mad and sad. You could do that, but make them cousins or something.

Atlan
Asteroid Senshi

Postby crystlshake » Wed May 17, 2006 12:58 am

Yeah deffinitely want to start out smaller in the monster pool. Just use increased numbers and the associated fear/disgust of fighting undead to even out the difficulty. Would probably want to do skeletons then zombies with a spattering of ghouls or something first with the main characters or a side group tracking down the source as the situation gets worse. This also gives you an opportunity to play with some horror movie cameos. I could see the Necronomicon pop up at some point with the undead running around. Perhaps tied to the lich or Gosunkugi. Heck even one of the misguided Amazons could use it. Or the Heros use it to take out the lich and bungle it resulting in some unexpected mayhem.
I figure the dracolich could be recovering and strengthening himself after being released from the imprisonment. Even angry i would expect it to use a more invasion kind of method of attack. It and any high ranking minions it controls (like a lich) would probably be held in reserve and attack indirectly thrue lesser minions and other subtler methods before going into open combat. Gives them additional time to cook up somthing nasty too. Dont want to pull a stunt like that last d&d movie. Heck the dracolich there almost died easier than the ice dragon.
crystlshake
Moon Senshi

Postby Dragon Man » Wed May 17, 2006 1:09 am

crystlshake wrote:Yeah deffinitely want to start out smaller in the monster pool. Just use increased numbers and the associated fear/disgust of fighting undead to even out the difficulty. Would probably want to do skeletons then zombies with a spattering of ghouls or something first with the main characters or a side group tracking down the source as the situation gets worse. This also gives you an opportunity to play with some horror movie cameos. I could see the Necronomicon pop up at some point with the undead running around. Perhaps tied to the lich or Gosunkugi. Heck even one of the misguided Amazons could use it. Or the Heros use it to take out the lich and bungle it resulting in some unexpected mayhem.

What if Gosunkugi actually tried to drive off the undead and suceded? that would be a twist! Of course, he'd be useless against the greater undead, but he could stay at the Tendo house and protect noncombatants from zombies, skeletons, and ghouls.
Speak quietly, pilot a big mech.
No matter how many times you rebuild, Tokyo keeps getting destroyed in a massive fireball.
When in China, listen to your tour guide.
"Stay with the Master Chief - he'll know what to do." - Sgt Johnson, Halo 2.
Dragon Man
Asteroid Senshi

Postby deathgeonous » Wed May 17, 2006 5:38 am

Thanks for some good ideas. I now can see that just throughing in the Dracolich right off the bat is a bad idea. but an undead army coming after them? Hmm. I've got to do that just right or it wouldn't work. In D&D, good clerics, with their god's help, can destroy or make the undead run away. evil clerics can control them or make them run away. I could make it so the Dracoliches followers are not undead, but other types of monsters, and the Dracolich is hesident to confront Ranma/Hild until it finds an mystical artifact that makes it imune to being controlled by Demons, which is what Hild did to it. She could have kept it as an unwilling slave by her powers, and that's why it's so pissed. It will not face her till she can not just take it over and control it, or make it run in fear. the object could be a shaped as a crown and act like an undead mind sheild to the Gods and Demons. it won't make it imune to all their powers, just mind effecting ones. So after thinking on it, no undead army for the Dracolich, but other nasty things. Gotta look up my monster manual. I can see this fued between the Dracolich and Ranma going on for a long time, and Oblivion just watching it.
On to the therapy session, Hmm, Ryoga having cousions for parants has been done in so many fics, that I have no problom adding to it. Maybe Belladandy can cure his getting lost, because it's some old curse that a dieing Demon bestoed upon a brave Demon slayer, and it has been in his family ever since, and she sees it has har duty to cure the decendints of such a brave man. as to you guy's idea's on Kasumi, some of them were extream, I don't see her hating her sisters in this fic, but maybe jellousy wouldn't be bad. as to Kasumi's inner dream self, I might modify it. Maybe what she always wanted to do with her life is always on her mind, but she feels that family must come first? Even if she never gets to live her dreams. Then the doctor can, with help from her sisters and Ranma, convince her that she needs to escape the prison she's made her life. Now Nabiki's easy, and we just have to thaw the Ice Queen identity. Soun, too easy, survivors guilt. By the way, did the Manga ever say how his wife died, or even her name? I can't find that information in there. Genma's a field day. Nodoka's sexually represed and tranfering it to Ranma, and now also Mara and Urd too. Ranma's screwed up six ways to Sunday, and is a psychitrist dream, or nightmare, depending on the psychitrist. That takes care of the Tendo's, the Saotomnes and Ryoga. now for the Amazons. Mousse. One word, stalker. Shampoo, Hmm, need some help there. An obbsessive stalker? I don't think that fits, help me on her guys. Cologne. Definitly need help there. Now on to the Ah My Goddess Characters. You didn't think they would escape this do you? Ha, of course not. Keichii, terminaly shy. Belladandy, Hmm, this will take some thought, how about she's afraid of hurting anyone in any way? She's too frickn nice! I say that she has a deep fear of hurting anyone in any way, and hids her true self wants and desires becuse of it. Which is wy she never gets anywhere with Keichii, other then he's shy, shes afraid to hurt him, or anyone else, by going on with her relationship with him. So soon we might have an more agressive Belladandy. Shiver with fear people. A Belladandy that knows what she wants, and is willing to take it! MAHAHAHA!!! Um, ok ,un to Urd, she fears being part Demon. thinks it makes her less deserving of her possission as a Goddess. Skuld. Teenager. Need I say more? Mara, Hmm, lacked love from Hild, who was not able to show it openly? while her mind may get it, her heart aches becuse of it. Ranma is healing this problem now by acting as a loveing parrent. Ok I think that everyone. So for now, I guess i need more help on Shampoo and Cologne, I think I've gotten everyone else covered.
Now I'm going to get to writing this Chapter now, but please post what you think of my Ideas, and give your own, espcialy on Shampoo and Cologne, or what you think would be a good underling for the Dracolich.
And I'm sorry to say that my computers acting up again, and I'm taking it in very soon to be looked at. I might even have to replace it under the warranty. If that happens, I don't know how long I could be with out my own computer, and may even need to borrow my sisters laptop to write, if she'll let me. I've already backed up every story I've ever writen, posted or unposted, on a memory stick I just bought for that perpous, and that perpous only. I have no idea when this will finish being writen, for it is not only a complacted chapter, but I might lose my computer soon and begetting a new one. Or my computer may be in te shop for a while getting fixed. So please post you're comments on my ideas, and give me some on Shampoo and Cologne. And thanks for caring enought to give me this help.
deathgeonous
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby crystlshake » Wed May 17, 2006 10:29 am

If you go that route the dracolich would probably put a lot of effort into keeping its active status hidden until it got the artifact. It would also give an additional motive for its minions to be out and about. Could send some to harass the heros while others search for the artifact.
Taking that route with Ryoga could take a Naraku angle. Where the demon was wounded but not killed. Cursing the family to be lost- which serves as protection for the demon by keeping them away from itself. If it dies the curse gets lifted, and the only way for one of his family to get close to it is if led by somone else or under some other special circumstance. Have some special talent or something passed down in the family or in the blood that gives them a big advantage against it. This allows you to use it as a side story kind of thing that can divert their attention from the primary villian (dracolich). Could have them working together against the heros too.
Nodaka also could be transfering her guilt onto ranma about missing his child hood as the reason she wants grandkids so she can raise them and make up for it. Yeah, obsesive fits Mouse to a tee. Though in part it seems to be caused from being ostrasized as a child by everyone but shampoo. Considering the culture it may have been pretty bad for someone that has that kind of handicap. Could go with codependency or some kind of parental abandonment issue with Shampoo. She might not have had much social interaction aside from with cologne as she was being groomed into an heir. Probably has a grudge against cologne on a subconscious level for the cat curse as well.
Cologne I would peg into a similar kind of deal as Nabiki where she keeps herself aloof from others, anti-social or whatever. That and the whole focus on controling others. I cant remember the relevant term for it off the top of my head. Bell has comitment issues maybee? Or problems with assertiveness most of the time, submissive or such.
Urd may have suffered some riddicule or scorn or other social ostrization due to her demon part. She could put on a show of false confidence to hide feelings of inadequacy. Skuld shares a few issues with akane which point to a possible lack of a parental figure while growing up. In such that they werent able to learn/observe/experinece normal interaction between two parents (physical closeness).
crystlshake
Moon Senshi

Postby Adyen » Wed May 17, 2006 10:42 am

I have a problem with this since chapter... 3-ish. If Ranma supposedly knows what Hild knew, then why couldn't she had fought with that knowledge and power? Right now, it feels more like a 'Ranma became a demon' story with Mara and Urd attached, rather than 'Ranma merged with Hild'.
Adyen
Senshi Cadet

Postby deathgeonous » Wed May 17, 2006 11:25 am

To Adyen, well I explained that in an authors note, but here it is again. Ranma is the dominite part of this merger. Hild's memories git pushed in to the back of their mind, so as to not overwhelm Ranma's dominite psyche. Hmm, I could go into that in the therapy. other then very certen things, Ranma doesn't remember much of Hild. Her personality is not dead, just surpressed. Maybe I should think about brining it out more, in subsocent therapy sessions. Just finding out it's their should be enough for this one. I hope you are giving this story a chance even if you have a problem with it.
To crystlshake. I really like your Ryoga idea. I think I'll use it, giving you proper credit of course. And of course the Demons still alive. In this fic, mortals can't kill Gods or Demons, only banish them to their respective place if they do what would have killed them. Saffron was unique, in that Earth was his respective place, having been cast out of Heaven, and not escepted into Hell. Though I really don't see the Dracolich and the Demon teaming up. The Dracolich would be too pariniod to do so. And your other ideas were great as well. I'm thinking them over.
As to writing this down, I'm laughing at my self, becuse what I wanted to put in one chapter, I see taking up three. The first will indroduce the Dracolich and all of Oblivion's meddleing, plus start the first therapy session. The second will be the bulk of said therapy session. Finally the third will be the end of the therapy, sitting down to dinner, and an attack. It just seems easier to break it up like that.
And now I have two sub villians to take the heat of Oblivion, hiding it from the active searchers.
Now rereading this thread, someone mentioned the fic couch trips? Is that about what I think it sounds like? I think I'll look it up to see. And if it is, maybe I can get some more ideas. Don't want to steal them though, so if I get any from it, I think I'll contact the guy.
deathgeonous
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Return to Ideas