Uncommon Crossovers.

For submitting and talking about story ideas. Idea submissions must be at least five paragraphs long, and include plot points, summaries of which characters are involved, and, for fanfiction, how it differs from canon. Both original and fanfiction ideas welcome. Though original works should have more development. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Re: Post

Postby mondu_the_fat » Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:50 pm

Dark Magic wrote:I would love to see a Ranma/Final Fantasy 7 crossover. Can't really think of any ideas because the two things seem to be really different. But I would love to see one.

I believe there was one where Ranma becomes one of the Turks/SOLDIER. The fic doesn't go explaining how Ranma came to the FF7 world. It was pretty bad and I deleted it, and I don't remember whre I found it.
Or a Ranma D&D crossover.

If you mean the animated series, yep, AFAIK it hasn't been done before. Otherwise, both The Grum and Jeffrey Vasquez have D&D crosses (Forgotten Realms). There are also several Dragonlance crosses (not very good, though).
Ranma hasn't been crossed with D&D's Dark Sun or Ravenloft, and I suspect he'll have trouble there. IN DS (and RL to a lesser deegree), the average person most likely would have lived a life harder than even Ranma's standards.
For the D&D animated series, the entire cast can be ported over to the Realm, joining whatever side seems appropriate). While they'd overwhelm most of the inhabitants, they'd be hard pressed against some of the more powerful (or immaterial) opponents. Maybe DM knows both Cologne or Happosai, heck, he might be even cologne and happosai. Plot can be ralatively straight forward: find a way home.
Last edited by mondu_the_fat on Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Frog » Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:54 pm

Adyen wrote:Anyways, I wish you good luck on that fic, Frog. I've seen the manga, but I didn't play the game, so this will be an interesting experience for me...
Heh. I wonder what will happen if Ranma came upon the 3-SoME. (If you don't know what this references to, you haven't been checking into the Lost Library...)

There is a SMT:N manga?
Woah. You serious? Where can I find it? :o
And nope. Dont get the 3-SoME reference. It's been a while since I visited the Lost Library. Mind explaining?
Move, make way, truth is coming through
The era of justice will come
There are songs of hope too
I would happily sacrifice my life for this world.
Frog
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Adyen » Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:13 pm

My I present to you, Mai Harem.
Adyen
Senshi Cadet

Postby Frog » Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:15 pm

Oh, yeah. I read that. Didn't get the reference however. Still, a funny read. Doesn't hurt to read it again and laugh. And right as I fired up 'Mezame' even. Good writing music if I ever heard some before.
Anyhow *prod* mind telling me more of this mysterious SMT:N manga you spoke of?
Frog
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Adyen » Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:29 pm

Oh, it's actually just a SMT manga based on the orignal game and MAYBE 2. I played some of the games, but generally the orignal ones were quite boring and the later RPGs were mainly 'eh's.
Adyen
Senshi Cadet

Postby WG_Writer » Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:18 am

Ranma/Midori no Hibi (Midori Days)
I have 3 ideas for this one:
Ranma has Akane as his right hand and Ukyo as his left hand.
Ranma is Akane's Right hand, but she is also a Magical girl and kept it a secert in the manga, she just has a habit of losing her Henshin artifact (rod for now), she gets a bo staff when transformed and the transformation ignores the fact Akane is down a hand so all the special attacks still require Ranma to move like the hand would. (Ranma still has the curse)
Ranma as Haruka's (Sailor Uranus') Right hand. (Ranma still has the curse)
the farther down that list you go the more perverted it gets...
I am looking to write one my self, if i ever get past all my other stalled stories.
Storm trooper effect works against good guys as well.
No matter how strong you are, there is always a teenager able to beat you without breaking a sweat.
A blind Paladin can only hear half truths
A deaf Paladin can only see half truths
Either way the Paladin is a berserker
WG_Writer
Moon Senshi

Postby Adyen » Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:39 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I was just watching The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, and I wonder what will happen if she managed to find Ranma...
Her ability to disbelieve somethings and believe others prevents Ranma from changing when she's around Ranma! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Adyen
Senshi Cadet

Postby ToastedPine » Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:35 am

Adyen wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:
I was just watching The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, and I wonder what will happen if she managed to find Ranma...
Her ability to disbelieve somethings and believe others prevents Ranma from changing when she's around Ranma! :lol: :lol: :lol:

That'd be a fun read if you keep the narrator's tone. Difficult in terms of planning though since you can only reveal things that brown haired guy sees.
ToastedPine
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Frog » Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:54 pm

Adyen wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.fukufics.com/viewtopic.php?t=151
Akuma-sama and I discussing the merits of a Ranma 1/2 + The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya crossover.
Frog
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby stratagemini » Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:01 pm

WarGiver wrote:Ranma/Midori no Hibi (Midori Days)
I have 3 ideas for this one:
Ranma has Akane as his right hand and Ukyo as his left hand.
Ranma is Akane's Right hand, but she is also a Magical girl and kept it a secert in the manga, she just has a habit of losing her Henshin artifact (rod for now), she gets a bo staff when transformed and the transformation ignores the fact Akane is down a hand so all the special attacks still require Ranma to move like the hand would. (Ranma still has the curse)
Ranma as Haruka's (Sailor Uranus') Right hand. (Ranma still has the curse)
the farther down that list you go the more perverted it gets...
I am looking to write one my self, if i ever get past all my other stalled stories.

I had actually thought about this one. And given the nature of Midori No Hibi to not be perverted in practice, and That Ranma would specifically need to wish for something like this, there are really better options.
Shampoo as Mousse's right hand works rather well, After all, "I wish shampoo was my girlfriend instead of my right hand" would work quite well. Especially with Shampoo trying to kill him and get him to pursue ranma for her.
So would having Akane as Ryouga's right hand (taking a more traditional following of the series).
But Here's my Pride and Joy. Ranma-Chan as Kuno's Right hand. And because of Kuno's eccentricities... He probably would have wished to "Free teh pigtailed goddess from the bondage of the foul sorceror Saotome so that she could be in love with me instead of my right hand" Thus... Curing Ranma of his curse! though probably only temporarily.
I See in Your Eyes, The same fear that would take the heart of me.
A Day may come, when the courage of men fails!
When we forsake our works, and break all bond of authorship- But Is Not THIS Day!
This Day, We WRITE!
stratagemini
Moon Cat Advisor

Postby WG_Writer » Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:53 pm

stratagemini wrote:I had actually thought about this one. And given the nature of Midori No Hibi to not be perverted in practice, and That Ranma would specifically need to wish for something like this, there are really better options.
Shampoo as Mousse's right hand works rather well, After all, "I wish shampoo was my girlfriend instead of my right hand" would work quite well. Especially with Shampoo trying to kill him and get him to pursue ranma for her.
So would having Akane as Ryouga's right hand (taking a more traditional following of the series).
But Here's my Pride and Joy. Ranma-Chan as Kuno's Right hand. And because of Kuno's eccentricities... He probably would have wished to "Free teh pigtailed goddess from the bondage of the foul sorceror Saotome so that she could be in love with me instead of my right hand" Thus... Curing Ranma of his curse! though probably only temporarily.

Perhaps, but that is the main reason that I think someone who is more familiar with the series should write the story.
If i do it/when i do it it will be in my style and will turn out like option 3
Storm trooper effect works against good guys as well.
No matter how strong you are, there is always a teenager able to beat you without breaking a sweat.
A blind Paladin can only hear half truths
A deaf Paladin can only see half truths
Either way the Paladin is a berserker
WG_Writer
Moon Senshi

Postby RykoAngel » Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:48 pm

I actually wrote a prologue for a Ranma/Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy crossover, but it's not posted anywhere at the moment.
RykoAngel
Initiate

Postby Dark Magic » Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:21 pm

RykoAngel wrote:I actually wrote a prologue for a Ranma/Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy crossover, but it's not posted anywhere at the moment.

That would probably be an interesting read.
In it does Ranma take over the role of the main character from the movie or another character in the movie.
Dark Magic
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby RykoAngel » Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:25 pm

Actually, it's more along the lines of another story in that universe, where Ranma also survives the destruction of Earth.
If you want, I'll post the prologue. Attachment or just the text.
RykoAngel
Initiate

Postby Dark Magic » Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:30 pm

There is a section on this website where people put there either finished or nearly finished stories. You could post it in there if you really wanted to .
Dark Magic
Chibi Sailor Senshi

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas