FPCF - 12

This is for posting Fiction and C&C replies ONLY. Note this does not have to be a "fukufic" or evenfanfiction. All longform creative writing allowed. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

FPCF - 12

Postby Konsaki » Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:01 pm

Fated Pasts, Chaotic Future
A Ranma ½ and Sailor Senshi crossover Fanfic
Written by: Konsaki

oOo

This Fanfic was inspired by and uses source material from ‘Lines of Destiny’, a dead Fanfic created by Louis-Philippe Giroux. If you would like to read the story he created up till it drops off, there are copies on Ranmafics dot com.

oOo

“Hmm…”, Akane hummed out, putting a finger to her lips. She continued by tapping her lips a couple of times before finally crossing her arms under her chest and asking out, “Well, what do you think?”

“I don’t know, Akane”, Ranma hedged, scratching the back of his head, “Looks okay to me…”

Knowing the tone he had used, wanting to say more but not, she pointedly turning her gaze towards him, “But?”

Flicking his gaze to her reflection then back towards the rental flier posted in the window, he just shook his head, “But it’s just too much to pay… I know I could live off the leftovers by myself, but that’s cause I had to while Pop ‘n me were on the road. No way we could do it with the two of us.”

Sighing with a frown, Akane made another scan over the fliers covering the huge window front of the rental office, hoping she had missed something the time before. Giving her head a frustrated shake, she wrapped her hand in his once more and leaned against his shoulder, “We’ve looked around for four days now and everything’s been too far away, too expensive or too…”

“Trashed and rundown”, Ranma finished with a grimace, unconsciously squeezing her hand with his.

“I was going to say, too small”, she corrected with a small grin.

Knowing which one she was talking about, Ranma just rolled his grey-blue eyes, “We already went over this; it wasn’t too small if we used futons.”

“I know that, but I want a real bed…”, Akane stated in a tone a few shades too determined to be a whine. “I know you grew up with futons but I’ve always had a bed and I’d like to find a place which had an actual bedroom…”

Sighing slightly, Ranma just nodded his head slightly, having gone through this already a few times, “Alright, alright… Let’s just go inside and see if there’s something not posted… Who knows, maybe we’ll get lucky...”

“Knowing your luck, maybe we shouldn’t”, the dark haired woman teased with a smirk while looking up to her husband. “We might find ourselves living next to someone who has a vendetta against you or your father.”

“Oh, hardy har har”, he deadpanned in return as he led her towards the door and opened it, causing the attached bells to jingle, “Just for that, you can’t complain if it actually happens.”

“Of course I can complain”, she said back as she entered the proffered door, “I’m your wife.”

“Not like it stopped you while you were a fiancée”, he countered back in mirth as he followed her through the door and closed it behind him. Once inside, the martial artist was able to get a good view of the rental office interior; a clean but used room with a couple of desks and a few office machines behind them alongside a water cooler. Fliers and rental books were stacked or displayed all around the room on any surface which would hold them, all the while keeping a mostly ordered look about it.

From behind one of orderly cluttered desks a suited middle aged man stood with a smile, “Welcome to Fushiama Rentals. I’m Hoshi Jinta. How may I help you today?”

“Hello, Hoshi-san”, Ranma replied with a grin before indicating the woman beside him, “This is my wife, Saotome Akane and I’m Ranma.”

“We are looking for an apartment to rent while we attend Mizuharo”, Akane supplied with a hopeful tint to her smile and voice.

“Ah”, Jinta intoned with a nod, as if her statement explained everything. “Well, I saw that you’ve already looked over our posted apartments”, he stated with a nod towards the large display window behind the couple, “so I’ll not waste your time by going over them again.” Motioning to the two seats before his desks, he offered, “Please, have a seat.”

“Thanks”, Ranma replied as Akane and he sat in the proffered seats.

“Now”, the slightly balding businessman stated in a ‘let’s do this’ tone as he pulled a large flip binder before him, “Could you tell me what exactly you were looking for along with how much you expect to spend?”

“It needs a bedroom, bathroom and a small kitchen”, Akane ticked off on her hand before looking more hopeful, “and we have around one hundred thousand yen budget…”

“Hmm…”, Jinta responded, rubbing his chin thoughtfully, “That’s going to be a hard find…”

“Don’t we know it”, Ranma agreed with a frown, “at least you haven’t pushed us out the door like the last guy.”

“Ah, you must have visited Yoshi then”, the rental agent responded as he started looking through his binder in search for their request.

Blinking slightly in surprise, Akane asked, “Actually, yes. How did you know?”

“Let’s just say that you aren’t the first customer we’ve received after his refusal”, Jinta said with a smile as he continued the search.

Time passed by as the balding man continued his search, Akane’s hope diminishing as he neared the back of his listings book. Finally, he reached the last page and closed the binder with a sigh. Clasping his hands before him over the closed green binder, he shook his head sadly, “My apologies, but I couldn’t find anything like you were looking for in your price range.” Tapping the binder, he continued to state, “The closest I could find was an unfurnished apartment for a hundred forty-nine thousand and that’s with a shower instead of a full bath.”

“The shower’s fine”, Ranma stated with a frown, “The price… not so much.”

Nodding in acceptance and understanding, Jinta replied, “Again, my apologies but as I said, what you’re looking for is a hard find, if it even exists without being in hard disrepair.” Tapping the binder once again, he looked from husband to wife, “I would seriously recommend looking for a single room apartment, as we have a couple within your price means.”

Before he could continue, the door to the rental office opened with a jingle, drawing his attention. Smiling, he nodded a quick greeting, “Welcome back, Chiharu. How was it?”

Turning her head, Akane saw a middle aged woman move between the desks, placing a coffee cup on Jinta’s desk before moving behind the other desk. “It wasn’t too bad. Short line today”, she replied, setting down her own cup before looking and bowing to the seated couple, “Oh, sorry. I’m Fuji Chiharu, nice to meet you.”

Akane just waved it away with a smile, “It’s no problem…”

“This is Saotome Ranma and his wife, Akane”, Jinta explained with a hand gesture, “Unfortunately, I just gave them the bad news that I couldn’t find what they were looking for.”

Eyes showing that she empathized with the couple, the pink and black suit-skirted woman’s smile faded, “I’m sorry to hear that… If you don’t mind, what were they looking for?”

“Bed, bath, kitchen for around a hundred thousand”, the charcoal grey suited man supplied before shrugging, “I’ve already looked through our economy listings but the closest I could find was the Gentoki one forty-nine listing and was explaining that their best bet was to look for a single room.”

Turning her gaze from her co-worker to the couple in question, she regretfully nodded in agreement, “I’m sorry, but he’s probably right. What you’re looking for is quite rare and usually taken immediately when it’s listed.”

“Yeah, so I’ve heard”, Ranma said, running a hand through his hair, “Just that the tomboy here is hard up for a bed even though we’re on a budget…”

Giving her husband a glare, Akane growled a warning, “Ranma…”

“What”, he asked defensively, “It’s the truth…”

Chuckling slightly, Jinta placed the green binder back in its place while stating, “Ah, young newly married life… I remember back when I married my Aiko. We had just this problem.” Sighing while looking into the past, he grinned, “She eventually got what she wanted but we both had to get part time jobs to make ends meet for a while.”

“We were looking into that”, Ranma put in, “but it wouldn’t work out with the workload we already have…”

“Ah, just a moment”, Chiharu broke in before the conversation could continue, “If you don’t mind, how long have you been married… it couldn’t have been long…”

Blushing slightly, Akane supplied, “Actually, Tuesday was the wedding.”

“You mean”, the woman asked, eyes widening with realization, “Oh, congratulations!”

“Thank you”, Akane beamed in response.

Nodding himself, Ranma added, “Yeah, thanks… but it doesn’t really help us with this.”

“Actually, “Chiharu responded with a raised finger, “It just might!”

Quirking his brow, Jinta stroked his chin, “Do tell…”

Sitting down at her desk and flipping through her phone number catalog, the woman tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear. “Well, two weeks ago the manager of… here it is”, she interrupted herself, stopping at a particular index card, “the manager of ‘Residia Mita’ called while you were out.”

“You mean Kanaro-san”, Jinta inquired.

Nodding in the affirmative, Chiharu continued, “Right! Well, she told me she had an apartment open up but didn’t want it listed openly.” Seeing her co-worker’s questioning look, she supplied, “For some reason, the owner specifically stated it was to go to only a newly wedded couple.” Looking towards the two young adults sitting across from her co-worker, the brown haired woman smiled, “And it’s just what you two are looking for, if I remember right. I completely forgot about it until just now. If you don’t mind waiting, I’ll call and see if it’s still available.”

Quickly, Akane motioned for the rental agent to start calling, “We don’t mind at all! Please go ahead!”

Smiling, the woman picked up the phone on her desk and dialed. After a few moments, the three other occupants of the room heard a one sided conversation, “Hello, this is Fuji Chiharu from Fushiama… Yes, you called last week about an apartment the owner stated was for newlyweds only… right, that one. Is it still available?” Hearing this question, Akane reached over to grasp Ranma’s hand as she bit her lip slightly.

The smile on elder female’s lips grew wider as she said, “It is? That’s great! I have a couple here who were married just last week and this is just what they were looking for!” Listening to the other side for a moment, she nodded and put her hand over the receiver, “Would you like to view it today?”

“Please”, Akane excitedly replied, squeezing her husband’s hand with a wide smile. Ranma couldn’t help but smile himself as he saw Jinta nod to him sagely while Chiharu finalized the time of the viewing.

“Thank you very much for your help. I’ll let them know”, the rental agent said, writing down a list of information on a set of stationary before her. “Again, thank you and we hope to hear from you again”, she finished saying before setting the phone down back in its cradle. Ripping the page off her pad, she handed it over to Akane with a smile, “Here’s the directions and address to the apartment. It has a bedroom, water closet, shower room and a small kitchenette for one hundred five thousand per month. Kanaro Yuki is the manager and she’ll be ready to show you it when you arrive.”

“It’s around a fifteen minute walk from here”, Jinta supplied helpfully, pulling up his own knowledge of the apartments. “Hopefully it meets your needs”, he offered as he stood up, Ranma and Akane following suit.

“Well, it sounds good”, Ranma stated with a nod, “Thanks for helping us out.”

“Yes”, Akane agreed with a bow, “Thank you very much for your help!”

Chiharu just waved it off, “It’s nothing! I just hope everything turns out alright for you both and, again, congratulations on your marriage.”

oOo

“It’s great”, Akane stated in slight awe, looking around the living room and through the open doorway to the attached bedroom.

“You got that right”, Ranma stated as he walked in from the attached balcony. Turning a skeptical gaze towards the manager of the apartment complex, he asked, “You sure this only costs one oh five?”

Smiling in amusement, the thirty something woman nodded, “That’s right, all this for just one hundred five thousand per month. Again, it’s unfurnished but all utilities barring television are included. Before you ask why, the owner is a bit eccentric and sometimes makes interesting deals like this one.” Tapping her chin with a finger she mused, “I think the last one was only for someone who was an orphan…”

Shrugging it off, Ranma looked towards Akane and asked, “What do you think?”

“What do you think I think”, she asked incredulously before turning her gaze towards the ponytailed apartment manager, “We’ll take it!”

Smiling, Yuki motioned towards the doorway, “Alright then, if you would just come to my office to fill out a few forms…”

--
A/N - Forgot if what type of budget I gave them in one of the prior chapters but I'll look later and change it if needed. Used real world numbers to get the 149k Yen low end price for what type of apartment they wanted. Heres a pic of the apartment they did get:

Also, I set their wedding on Tuesday, which makes college registration Thursday and the big fight on Friday. The current day is Sunday of the next week, having skipped by Saturday for now, though I plan on referencing it in this chapter.
Konsaki
Asteroid Senshi

Re: FPCF - 12

Postby PCHeintz72 » Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:20 pm

EDIT: Oops... never mind... misread the story.
Last edited by PCHeintz72 on Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Konsaki » Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:26 pm

PCHeintz72 wrote:oops... never mind... misread the story.

No problem, was just about to post the missed part. :D
Konsaki
Asteroid Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:27 pm

Konsaki wrote:No problem, was just about to post the missed part. :D

Hmmm... specifically request that huh... with Ranma's luck, probably infested with relationship related ghosts.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Konsaki » Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:30 pm

PCHeintz72 wrote:Hmmm... specifically request that huh... with Ranma's luck, probably infested with relationship related ghosts.
I am hinting at something but nothing like that, though I did think about having them rent the apartment Megumi rented in Ah! My Goddess... and then I thought up this better plan. :D
It'll be pretty clear later in the chapter, but it's just an amusing thing for me right now.
Konsaki
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:56 pm

Nice to have them in the same apartments as Makoto. Are they on the same floor or perhaps living above or below her unit?
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:44 am

Spokavriel wrote: Nice to have them in the same apartments as Makoto. Are they on the same floor or perhaps living above or below her unit?

Huh.... did I miss where it stated that?
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:48 am

I don't see it stated out right anywhere.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Konsaki » Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:58 am

Spork is getting half the hint and is sorta right, but is still wrong.
Last edited by Konsaki on Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Konsaki
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:11 am

::Big Grin:: I sent a message to PC because I expected this. Here's hoping Mamoron knows to let the reincarnation of his sister have some privacy.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Lioconvoy » Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:41 am

Knowing that this is inspired by Lines of Desteny, just reading this chapter tells me who the owner is. Now I need to read the rest of this fic, I read this chapter because I had clicked on view new post. I always enjoyed Lines of Destiny and I wish it had continued, I think I may enjoy this story if it uses source material from that story.
Sometimes it just doesn't pay....

Expect me when you see me -Doctor Who (The first Doctor)
Lioconvoy
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Wyrd » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:24 am

I loved the original story and look forward to someone doing something with it. That was just one of many fics that died just as it was really getting good.
Wyrd
Senshi Cadet

Postby Lioconvoy » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:27 am

This isn't the full chapter 12 is it? It seems a little short compared to the others.
Sometimes it just doesn't pay....

Expect me when you see me -Doctor Who (The first Doctor)
Lioconvoy
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Konsaki » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:47 am

Lioconvoy wrote:This isn't the full chapter 12 is it? It seems a little short compared to the others.
No, it's not. I upload chunks of the chapter here as I go, so the nice people here can rip it to shreds, tell me my grammar sucks and how I should quit writing... Then I sit in a dark room for a while before I start writing again. :twisted:
It's an addiction I just can't quit! :D
Konsaki
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Konsaki » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:49 am

“… translucent heart envelopes me; I am becoming vibrant and full of color…”, Rei sang out into the microphone, eyes closed while finishing out with the slowing acoustic guitar, “I am reborn…”

Standing there on the small platform while her friends started clapping over the guitar ending, the black haired teen smiled as she opened her eyes once more. Placing the microphone back into its stand, she glanced towards the numerical readout as it cycled through until flashing a solid eighty-seven score.

“Way to go, Rei-chan”, Usagi called out, ignoring the small space the karaoke room actually had in her excitement.

Taking a quick sip of her soda before standing up to take her turn; Makoto nodded in agreement, “Yeah, you really know that song.”

Flushing slightly, Rei sat down and reached out for her own drink, “Thanks guys.”

“Well, you do have a good singing voice”, Minako commented, “but you always sing the same songs… You should try some new ones since the one’s you do sing are pretty much worn in.”

Hearing that, the dark brunette’s smile diminished noticeably. “This coming from the girl who always sings ‘Come on you Reds’”, the shrine priestess commented with a roll of her eyes. “It’s not even a good song…”

“Hey! It’s a song honoring the best football team ever; Manchester United”, the long haired blonde growled out, jabbing a finger towards the offending girl’s face.

“Please, let’s not go through this again”, Ami cut in, her voice easily showing her exasperation. “We’re here to relax, not argue…” Seeing both her friends settle down from the squandering, she turned towards her team leader only to notice something off, “What are you thinking about, Usagi-chan?”

Blinking, the named blonde looked up from the glass of raspberry-grape juice between her hands, “Oh, ah… Nothing much, I guess.” Looking towards the stage, where the few stage lights flashed a few different colors as Makoto sang out, she stayed silent for a moment before looking back to her drink to finger the rim. “I’m just thinking about last night…”

“The dinner date with Mamoru”, Rei questioned, knowing the named male had promised dinner to Usagi if she scored high grades on all her tests for the past week.

Nodding with the guess, Minako chipped in, “Yeah, it must have been romantic…”

Smiling slightly, Usagi rotated the glass in her hands, “It was… He took me to an Italian restaurant that just opened in Harajuku.”

“I think I saw a commercial for it… was it called Mario’s”, Ami asked out.

Giving a quick nod, Usagi continued on, “That’s it. It was really neat, too.” Looking far away with remembrance, she smiled, “Everyone was dressed nice, everything was new and they even had someone playing a violin there too. We even had enough time to sit down and talk about everything…” Soon enough, her smile turned towards more of a disgruntled look, though, “…well, everything but Akana…”

“His sister”, Minako asked, seeing the question on Ami and Rei’s face as well. “What do you mean ‘everything but his sister’?”

Frowning, Usagi took a sip of her drink before shifting her expression once more towards a bright smile and clapping, “Way to go, Makoto!”

Shocked out of their concentration on the subject at hand, the other three seated teens noticed that the brown haired Senshi’s song had come to an end. Beside the bowing teen, the electronic display flashed a blinking ninety-four. A quick round of congratulations went out as Makoto made her way to her seat on the couch bent around a corner of the room. Noticing the air of conversation which was going on during her singing, she asked, “What are you guys talking about?”

“Oh, just how Usagi’s date with Mamoru went and how Mamoru is keeping secrets about his sister from her”, Minako rambled off with a hand gesture.

“Ah… okay”, Makoto replied, a little confused, before taking a sip of her orange soda.

Shaking her head, causing her long ponytails to swish in the air, Usagi spoke out, “It’s not like that…” She paused a moment before amending, “On second thought, I guess it is like that, but I can sort of understand why he’s doing it, I guess…”

“Oh, so why is he”, Rei asked in interest.

“Well”, the blonde started out, gesturing into empty air, “it isn’t like he isn’t telling me everything… We talked about the past and what he can remember growing up with her and all that.” Shrugging, she continued, “It’s just, he won’t talk about the conversation he had with her…”

“The one after our fight with the guy at our school”, Makoto inquired, “When he and his sister went off alone?”

Nodding, the reincarnated princess replied, “Yes, but… well, he told me that she… Akana didn’t want him to tell us anything they talked about. I can understand, but I didn’t like it and the date wasn’t as… wonderful after that.”

“Well, they do say ‘blood is thicker than wine”, Minako quoted before popping a french-fry into her mouth.

Ami couldn’t help but scrunch her brow at the botched saying, “What that is true, I’m quite sure the correct word should be ‘water’, not wine.”

“I don’t understand why she’s acting like she is…”, Makoto commented, “I mean, it’s almost like we’re the enemy, or something, to her.” Using a beseeching gesture to her seated friends, she pointed out, “When we all met up, it wasn’t like that. I mean, sure there were some bumps along the way but we became friends real quickly…”

“The Outers were like our enemies when we first met them”, Rei pointed out as she reached for the plate of fries.

“That’s different, though…”, Makoto countered before unconfidently asking, ”Isn’t it?”

Minako just shrugged as she said, “Maybe we should invite her next time we go out like this.”

“Yeah, that’s a good idea”, Rei jumped in, “She probably just got a bad first impression from…” Her explanation died out as everyone in the room already knew the reason. Giving her head a quick shake, she continued, “Anyways, getting to know her and vice versa would be good, I think.”

Nodding decisively, Usagi stated, “Let’s do that! I’ll ask Mamo-chan to ask Ranko if she’d like to do just that.”

Smiling as she once again stood up from the couch, Makoto made her way to the karaoke machine on the other side of the room. Punching in a number combination, she called over, “Now that that’s all sorted out, let’s get back to singing! I think it’s Ami’s turn and she’s going to sing…” Her voice trailed off with a mischievous smirk as she brought the microphone over to the still seated Senshi…

--

A/N - The few lines Rei is singing are the translated ending verses of 'Oasis' by Do As Infinity. Here's a Youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMa1KQH8hjE

As for Minako rooting for Manchester United; well, she did have that long stint in Great Britain. Had to choose a team for the gag, so Man U became it because that's the first one to my mind.
Konsaki
Asteroid Senshi

Next

Return to Stories and C&C