Cliched 5

This is for posting Fiction and C&C replies ONLY. Note this does not have to be a "fukufic" or evenfanfiction. All longform creative writing allowed. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Cliched 5

Postby LawOhki » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:53 pm

“Ranma please slow down-- you don’t want to choke.” Kasumi frowned at the young boy who was her fiancé as he continued to stuff his face with food. Once everyone had overcome the shock of Ranma becoming young again, he had changed back to his real gender, and had asked for food.

“I’m hungry.” He answered with his mouth full of food.

“It’s not going anywhere.” Kasumi chided.

“So why did it take you so long to get back?” Genma asked.

Ranma chewed the food in his mouth and swallowed before answering. He explained that a magical potion, magic stopping shackles, and political mechanizations were all involved. The boy didn’t go into much detail except on how when he was returning he had stumbled across the mushrooms resulting in his lack of age. Ranma had been quite upset over this and had decided to take out his frustration on Pepa who had pointed them out. This resulted in Ranma chasing the fairy all the way back to Nerima in record time.

The Saotome boy had been rational enough to keep about a dozen of the mushrooms which he had dumped on to the table. There was nothing particularly different about them, just plain white mushrooms. Kasumi already planned to cultivate them, if what Ranma had said was true then they were responsible for the change in age, and might be needed in reversing the effect.

“Would you like to take a nap?” Kasumi asked helpfully, noticing that her child aged fiancé looked to be tired.

“No I wouldn’t.” Ranma replied with a huff.

“Sounds like someone’s cranky.” Nabiki snickered.

“I’m not cranky!” The little boy complained.

“Ranma you’re such a little cutey, what happened to you?” Akane joked leading to Ranma fuming silently. Kasumi thought about chastising her sisters but Ranma looked so adorable when he was pouting like that.

X x x x x x

The next morning

“Wow, these grow really fast.” Ranma was sitting on his heels watching Kasumi as she inspected the mushrooms that had started sprouting up already in the garden. He only had on one of his tunics because the rest of his clothing was too large to be useful. So it looked like he was running around in a nightshirt. “But that doesn’t help get me back to normal at all.” He fought back tears not wanting to be a kid again. Wiping at his eyes, he cursed this childish body that was playing havoc with his emotional control.

“It’ll be alright.” Kasumi said in a motherly tone.

“You’re not the one-- who has to grow up all over again.” He couldn’t stop himself, his mind running down the worst possible scenario, imagining that he could no longer change back as well. Kasumi moved over to kneel next to him and put a comforting arm around his small shoulders.

“It’s okay.” She whispered soothingly. “We’ll go to an herbalist in a bit and then before you know it you’ll be yourself again.”

“Really?” Ranma asked hopefully, enjoying being held by Kasumi’s warmer than normal arms. ‘How could I have ever judged Kasumi just because she was a tiefling?’ He became depressed again.

“Who’s this little one?” Nodoka’s voice appeared suddenly from behind them. Startled, he latched on to Kasumi childishly. “Hello little boy.” The red haired succubus bent down to smile in his face.

“Lady Nodoka what are you doing here?” Kasumi asked.

“I felt Ranma come back last night so I thought I’d stop by for a visit.” The succubus answered and raised a delicate eyebrow. Ranma noticed the recognition in the succubae’s eyes and tightened his grip on Kasumi because he didn’t know what the demon might do. “Why are you so scared little one?” Nodoka asked. “Is my visage so terrifying?”

“Lady Nodoka, this is Ranma.” Kasumi interjected. “He ate a magical mushroom on the way back and it changed his age. I’m growing a patch of them to bring to an herbalist.”

“Oh really?” Nodoka smiled and glanced to the small patch of mushrooms. “How-- interesting. I suppose the Jusenkyo curse is still afflicting her.”

“Does that really matter at the moment?” The tiefling asked.

“Don’t you think a child should be with their mother?” The red haired woman held out a hand towards him. “Why don’t you come spend some time with mommy?”

“No.” Ranma looked away from the demon woman, inadvertently acting as childish as he looked.

“Let’s go inside and find something that will fit you.” Kasumi disengaged from him and took his hand to lead him back into the home, leaving Nodoka standing alone in the garden.

Once Ranma was sure that Nodoka couldn’t hear he decided to talk to Kasumi. “I’m not a kid Kasumi.”

“Of course not.” The tiefling smiled with good natured amusement.

“I’m serious.” He assured both her and himself.

“If that’s true, why are you still holding my hand?” Kasumi asked. Ranma blinked, looking down from Kasumi’s golden eyes to where he was still indeed holding her hand. Pulling it away quickly, he crossed his arms irritably.
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Re: Cliched 5

Postby Spokavriel » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:59 pm

Oh that was so cute! I Really really hope that this age gets kept for a couple chapters. This Ranma is just too adorable to let grow up again too fast!
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Munchkin » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:02 pm

and political mechanizations were all involved

I believe you meant "machinations". While creating mecha might be quite good for politics, it probably doesn't apply in this case ;).
Munchkin
Senshi Cadet

Postby LawOhki » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:25 pm

Munchkin wrote:I believe you meant "machinations". While creating mecha might be quite good for politics, it probably doesn't apply in this case ;).

There could be mecha later.... Giant magic powered siege engines of destruction!
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:50 pm

They had a giant Golem in Gold Digger powered by that one ship gem didn't they? I keep getting Bain and the other arc names confused.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby LawOhki » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:01 pm

Spokavriel wrote: They had a giant Golem in Gold Digger powered by that one ship gem didn't they? I keep getting Bain and the other arc names confused.

Yea, I was thinking something similar but divine/infernal powered machines used primarily for warfare and stronghold assault. Nothing very fast but absurdly powerful. Perhaps smaller less powerful units used for construction.
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:07 pm

Juggernauts and carapaces? Could be interesting just hope you don't do it to someone that doesn't deserve it .
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby LawOhki » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:01 pm

Spokavriel wrote: Juggernauts and carapaces? Could be interesting just hope you don't do it to someone that doesn't deserve it .

Well if it's an army using an infernal one, it probably won't be. Or if it's divine ones then no one would probably care about the infernals being attacked.
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Postby Tornado Ninja Fan » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:02 am

LawOhki wrote:Yea, I was thinking something similar but divine/infernal powered machines used primarily for warfare and stronghold assault. Nothing very fast but absurdly powerful. Perhaps smaller less powerful units used for construction.

Maybe something like the Earthshaker!
Tornado Ninja Fan
Senshi Cadet

Postby LawOhki » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:24 pm

“I thought Kasumi was going to come with me?” Ranma was now wearing some old clothing from Akane. They had an old smell to them from being in storage for so long but fit fairly well. The youngest Tendo had always been a masculine girl, wearing pants, and choosing a physical art. So he didn’t feel all that weird in her brown pants and red tunic. Even if the tunic was a bit more girly than what he would wear.

“Trust me, its best that Kasumi isn’t anywhere around Doctor Tofu.” Akane informed him. This Doctor Tofu was the one who loaned Kasumi the books on biology and other things and he seemed to have his hands in everything.

“Why?” He asked slowly and glancing around nervously as the crowd started to thicken around them. Feeling like he was surrounded by giants, he moved slightly closer to Akane. Just so he wouldn’t have people bumping into him.

“Because he has an extreme crush on Kasumi and goes insane when she’s around him.” The long haired girl said with a sigh. “Don’t even mention her.”

‘Hmm.’ He thought the way she had said it was weird but ignored it. Ranma wasn’t happy to learn that another man had such an attraction to his fiancée. Not that he was planning on going through with the engagement but it was the principle of the thing.

Tofu had a one story clinic on the corner over an intersection on the way to Furinkan. From what Ranma knew he wasn’t a straight up healer, focusing on areas closely related subject. Entering into the building, he noticed how clean everything was. Some enchantment was cleaning everything to an extreme level.

“Doctor Tofu, are you in?” Akane called as she removed her shoes at the entrance. Ranma did the same with his borrowed sandals and looked around the small waiting room.

“Hello Akane.” A pleasant looking man came out from the next room over. He had large round glasses on and wore simple gray clothing. “How are you today?”

“I’m good Doctor.” The youngest Tendo answered. “It’s not me though.” Akane jerked her head towards him.

“And what seems to be the problem little man?” Tofu asked him as though he was a little child.

“The problem is that I’m supposed to be sixteen.” Ranma answered, surprising the man with his tone.

“Well this appears to be the worst case of delayed development I’ve ever seen.” The doctor joked. “So I’m not sure if I can do anything now.”

Akane rolled her eyes. “What he means to say is that up until a couple days ago he was sixteen. Then he ate a mushroom and it did this.” She held out a small pouch containing several of the mushrooms.

“I can’t say that I’ve ever encountered such an item.” The man adjusted his glasses before taking the pouch. “I’ll need to run some component tests and maybe have a friend inspect any magic that it may contain. Where did you find them?”

“Outside of Waiima. But how much?” Ranma asked, not believing that he would do this for free.

“No charge.” Tofu looked into the pouch and shook the contents. “I’m sure the medicinal uses of this kind of thing are well worth the effort.”

“Oh-- thanks.” He hadn’t considered that the mushrooms might have some other usage.

“It’ll probably take me a day or two before I know anything.”

“Thank you Doctor.” Akane said gratefully.

“Thanks.” Ranma said again, feeling relieved that he had found someone who might be able to help him. “Um-- you don’t happen to know anything about curses do you? Not this one.” He clarified.

“Not very much I’m afraid and certainly not without more information.”

“Ever heard of Jusenkyo?”

“Can’t say I have.”

“Ah-- alright, never mind then.”
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:48 pm

Let me guess Tofu is going to research Jusenkyo and find out the way it works and tell everyone then there will be accusations of deception and other recriminations.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:24 pm

Its been a week. After such a long stretch of nearly daily, some times twice daily, additions to chapters its surprising to have seen nothing for a while.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby LawOhki » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:51 pm

Spokavriel wrote: Its been a week. After such a long stretch of nearly daily, some times twice daily, additions to chapters its surprising to have seen nothing for a while.

A complicated side story idea popped into my head and I had to burn through SC2.
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:39 pm

I can think of a few too many possibilities for SC2 which SC are you referring to?
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby LawOhki » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:53 pm

Spokavriel wrote: I can think of a few too many possibilities for SC2 which SC are you referring to?

Starcraft 2...
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Next

Return to Stories and C&C