You can thank Yarrow...

This is for posting Fiction and C&C replies ONLY. Note this does not have to be a "fukufic" or evenfanfiction. All longform creative writing allowed. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

You can thank Yarrow...

Postby Ozzallos » Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:07 am

Last edited by Ozzallos on Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ozzallos
Senshi Cadet

Postby Sunshine Temple » Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:27 am

Looks good save for one question... Unit Seven?
It does have the dummy plug system as it's pilot, but which clone?
The infected unit in the cannon was Unit Four, and I belive Unit Five vanished when they did the S2 test.
So why Seven and not a lower number?
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby Ozzallos » Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:38 am

Last edited by Ozzallos on Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ozzallos
Senshi Cadet

Postby Sunshine Temple » Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:41 am

Ozzallos wrote:I'm assuming since it's the "production" model, models have been produced in unstated quantity. Seven happens to be an arbitrary number, but indicative enough that the program is moving forward.

Their quantity was stated in the ending movie when all the mass production models attack.
And technically Asuka's is a prodution model too, and anyone after it.
Problem is that the mass production models don't come online until that secondary dummy plug system comes online.
So unless you want to redo that part of the plot, I'd recomend you choose a lower number. Brining in the mass production Evas right now would change things too much, as they were built in secret without Gendo knowing.
Also the possesed Eva has been done before in the cannon.
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby Ozzallos » Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:49 am

Last edited by Ozzallos on Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ozzallos
Senshi Cadet

Postby Sunshine Temple » Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:56 am

Ozzallos wrote:Ok, how about "six"? It's not a huge deal and i can't go much lower anyway.

Six is right after the one that blew up in Nevada.
I was under the assumption that those wonderful white models were unmanned using dummy plugs, so I'm missing somthing of the point you're trying to make there.

Yeah, but they're not Rei clones in 'em. They're that Karrow guy. (the Forth child).
Unit Five was also white (or silver)
Also you don't want it to be a Mass production model. The ones with no eyes and wings and thos funny mouths. SEELE wouldn't tip it's hand like that afterall, and unless you're at the very end of the series, after Asuka's been mind raped and the like, they wouldn't have dummy plugs for them anyway.
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby Ozzallos » Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:09 am

Last edited by Ozzallos on Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ozzallos
Senshi Cadet

Postby lwf58 » Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:10 am

In Rebirth, there were nine Production model Evangelions, with clones of Kaworu as the dummy plugs. Since he was the 17th Angel, and this is stated as beginning with the 18th Angel, I don't see a conflict timewise. I'm also reading this as alt-uni, so the events of Rebirth haven't taken place, and the production Evas have gone into service rather than being kept by Seele for use against NERV.
The locations that they were built in are guessed as Germany (Third Branch), the United States (First Branch, Massachusetts), Japan (Matsushiro), the United Kingdom, France, Russia, and China. In Rebirth, only nine were built, but the production run was originally set for twelve.
Unit 04 was the one that blew up, and 05 was the one infected by an Angel.
lwf58
Site Master

Postby Rei-chan » Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:12 am

Shinji... you and Yarrow are both very evil people. You know that right? Right? Aside from that, look forward to seeing more. It was the mass production models that were all white, if I recall. I can't believe I am encouraging this..*muttering to self*
Princess of Charon
Appointed Spammer Rank C By Himitsu September 25, 2006.
I ain't got to explain it. I'm living magic, remember?
Rei-chan
Super Power Senshi

Postby lwf58 » Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:20 am

Oops. Blew it. It was unit 03 that blew up, and 04 that was infected.
Hmm. Production types started with 02, Asuka's Eva. However, 02 was actually the first production model, and modifications were made to its design. 03 and 04 were the second production models. Units 05 on are called the "mass production" models.
Yeah, Kaworu was the Fifth Children. He was kept at Seele HQ in Europe for quite a while before being sent to Japan to fulfill his mission, so he was around for quite a while.
lwf58
Site Master

Postby DCG » Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:48 am

Shinji?
ewww...
DCG
Fukufics Staffer

Postby UberJugla » Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:50 pm

I think you were kinda right the first time lwf58... Unit 4 WAS the one that blew up... Its the silver eva with white trim sunshine mentioned. Unit 3 was the black one with purple (and a splash of white) trim that got infected.
UberJugla
Senshi Candidate

Postby lwf58 » Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:13 pm

Yep. You're right. 03 was assigned to Toji and got infected by Bardiel. 04 terminated itself in a Sea of Dirac effect, taking the NERV Nevada base with it. Shows you what happens when I post something before my coffee has had a chance to kick in.
lwf58
Site Master

Postby Sunshine Temple » Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:18 pm

lwf58 wrote:Yep. You're right. 03 was assigned to Toji and got infected by Bardiel. 04 terminated itself in a Sea of Dirac effect, taking the NERV Nevada base with it. Shows you what happens when I post something before my coffee has had a chance to kick in.

So that makes 05 the next one in line. Presumably the one in Ozz's scene.
Which is white like 04 and the mass production ones.
Ozz, do you want 05 to be eyeless like the mass produced SEELE ones?
Or is it a more traditional looking one?
What's it doing at NERV? More testing with the dummy system? You already said that Kaworu was dead.
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby Ozzallos » Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:16 pm

Last edited by Ozzallos on Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ozzallos
Senshi Cadet

Next

Return to Stories and C&C